Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

3.9

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (7)

AMAZING! 3 dogs, asthma & shaggy carpet.

I had been researching this vacuum for a few weeks/a month as my mum has the bag version. I have 3 dogs that shed a LOT, a German Shepherd, Maremma & Staffy plus asthma. I am THRILLED with this. If you've been thinking about it- DO IT! It performs beautifully on carpet and hardwood floors. Brilliant suction and it has improved my asthma by MILES.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for A$399.00.

Product is used Daily
Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Godfrey G.Hoover

it has so much suction power that it sucks up my cords aggressively enough to detach the whole plug from the wall

Carpet, tiles and floor boards. This vacuum cleaner works well on all these different types of flooring. The vacuum cleaner performs excellently on different surfaces it performed consistently regardless of what material the floor is made out of. It has no issues with tipping over.

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for A$500.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood

JoannaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Omg I'm in love

For so many years I kept buying cheap vacuum cleaners and then replacing them with another one. This year I bought a slightly more expensive one with a well known brand name and omg I'm so impressed. First vacuum I filled two bags that's how much the other vacs left behind. My carpet is so clean.

Purchased in May 2018 at Godfreys for A$599.00.

Hi Joanna,
We are so glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase.

Joanne

JoanneSydney, NSW

Hoover hero

We recently purchased a hoover action powerhead after owning a Dyson stick vacuum for a number of years. Wow! What a difference it makes to spend the money on a product that actually does the job well. We were recommended this product byt the salesman at Godfrey and we are so pleased we listened to his advice! Highly recommend.

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys.

Floor Type Carpet

WendyChefGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The most versatile vacuum cleaner I have ever had

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfrey's Doncaster Westfield for A$329.00.

Rita E.Sydney, NSW

Excellent product

This vacuum cleaner is perfect for on all surfaces. Using the powerhead on carpet (only) gives an incredible clean and really lifts out the dirt. I can't compare or to any other vacuum cleaner I have used.

It is very compact and light weight, and makes storage easy.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for A$350.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

antjeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Vacuum performance

The vacuum cleaner has great suction and definitely works well with the power head for dog hair. The power cord however is not long enough and I always need an extension cord attached. The wheels on it are very small and it tips over very easily. The flexi hose also kinks a lot as both ends don't swivel. It is a very efficient cleaner other than the other draw backs mentioned, but I also bought it on price and for the power head which is amazing. I also like the variable suction control for different uses, and it's very quiet.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$499.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Replaced it after 8 months

This vacuum is useless with so many design faults I don't believe that anyone at Hoover actually does the vacuuming. The power cord is too short, the pipe doesn't twist at both ends which kinks continually, the body of the vacuum is too low to the ground and tips over all the time, suction is poor, the dirt collector is too small.

Purchased in March 2018 for A$399.00.

Clogging Issues Yes
Shae

ShaeSouth Australia

Does a great job of lifting dirt and dog hair out of the carpet

I was amazed when I first bought this vacuum at how much dirt a d dog hair it pulled out if my carpet on the first go, especially given that I'd just vacuumed the day before with my old vacuum. A year on and it's still performing just as well. It's light and easy to manoeuvre and it only takes a few seconds to remove and empty the barrel. Cleaning the filter every few months is pretty straight forward too. The body of the vacuum does tip over if you catch the wheels on anything but I expect that's the same with all vacuums in this style.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great little vacuum cleaner

I used to have a Dyson, but was totally blown away at how this little vacuum cleaner picked up so much dirt from my carpet.
The only issue I have is the cord is to short have to use a extension cord have only had a week but I am very impressed with it especially for the price . The power head is amazing .

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Hoover action vacuum

not a good vacuum continues to block up which is extremely frustrating always having to unblock it. Poorly designed. The Shark vacuum is the best vacuum I have ever come across. I will be getting rid of this hoover action for another Shark vacuum. Very disappointed with this vacuum and will never buy from Godfreys again as everything I have purchased from them is not good plus they do not stand to their word with regards to warranties and services. Very frustrating.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Got one use out of it.

Got one use out of it before it stopped sucking and doing sweet fa. Don't expect warranty to do you any favors as it's all your fault. First and last time i buy something from hoover. Beyond a joke. Great on the first try but after that nothing at all.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Leelee

LeeleeBunbury

Hoover Action Powerhead

I was very happy with it for months but it just doesn’t have the power it had when we first got it. It blocks up easily too. It does work great with the small turbo head we purchased for an extra $30! Simply not worth what we paid for it. Disappointed.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Larissa

LarissaQuairading

Great product

This vacuume has great suction power, but tends to get blocked up a bit but easy to fix.
The machince is light with moderate sound, eaay to move around hose dies tangle on occasion.
Normally used on carpert in to rooms chage heads an do wood flooring.
Machines dies pump a bit hot air out thou

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
MaggieMoo

MaggieMooSydney, NSW

Its OK

the canister is way too small - I live in a unit - and emptied it 5 times! the filter needed to be cleaned after one use. the hose kinks. the power head gets stuff wrapped around it - even a piece of paper curled around it.
the good things: its quiet.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

C.Online

C.OnlineLaunceston, TAS

Has been great!

Has a great suction and I like the light on the nozzle. My only con to it is that the length of the cord is shorter than I’d like, I’m always changing PowerPoints to vacuum other areas. It also has a small container so doesn’t hold much and I have to stop to empty it more often than I’d like. I’m surprised I haven’t blown it up from overfilling it. It’s not the best on tiles or floorboards, but I don’t know if that’s a generic vacuum thing, blowing the debris backwards. The overall vacuum is great for a smaller house.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Suggestion for the manufacturers

I recently bought a Hoover Action Powerhead. It does a great job, but it catches on the doorways and corners when I am pulling it along like most vacuum cleaners. A real nuisance.. I have a suggestion for the manufacturers. What about designing one that has no edges sticking out, just a smooth surface from the hose to the beyond the wheels. like mudguards on a car. Make them from a softer plastic to protect skirting boards and corners that reach from the hose and curve around to just beyond the wheels. The wheels would be set in just like a car. This vacuum would be far more practical and easier to use because it would slide around the corners. Lets know what you think.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
MsScanna

MsScannaSouthwest, VIC

Biggest disappointment

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Gets clogged constantly

I would have done better with a $100 vacuum than this one. Forever trying unclogged everytime I vacuum.. I've only got a small house and this vacuum can't even cope with it. Very disappointed. I will not buy this brand again. I would not recommend this vacuum to anyone I know.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Deb

Deb

Strong suction but a few issues...

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Cam

Camasked

My vacuum literally just died whilst using ...no power at all
Is there a suggested quick fix

Hi Cam,
The machine may have overheated.
Please check the head, rod, hose and filter for blockages and try turning it on again once it has cooled down.

Joanna

Turn off and retract plug back into vacuum let cool down, check bag is not full and make sure you pull plug cord all the way out before turning it on again sometimes they don't turn on unless cord is fully out

Elizabeth A.asked

I brought one of these recently and the dirt goes into a square behind the dust barrel which is part of the main motor section before it starts to accumulate in the dust barrel. Clearly the square is not meant to filling up with dust.

WendyChef

Hmm, mine doesn't do this at all. Can you take it back to the store?

Hi Elizabeth,
We would recommend to check the filters of your machine and give them a good clean, it is also recommended to replace the filters every 6-12 months.
If you are still experiencing issues we would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, when they are open, for further inspection.
Please be advised that due to the COVID-19 outbreak the Godfreys stores and service centres are currently closed.

Elizabeth A.

It is brand new. I think there is a filter missing, from reading the thread above. There was nothing in the box.

Naomi M.asked

Has any one ever had the power action head stop working it comes on and within 10secs in back off...

antje

Have you checked the powerhead for any obstructions like hair, carpet thread that can be caught up around the brushes etc. and carefully cut with scissors and pull debris out, check the underside of power head by removing screw and clean brushes and checking the belt drive is not broken if so replace it. Also check that the power head has clicked in properly to the extension arm.

Naomi M.

Yep have done all of that

Rita E.

On two occasions when the powerhead hasn't fully clicked into place and not switched on at the handle.

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives