Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Several times a week (22)
    • Weekly (17)
    • Daily (5)
    • Rarely (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (26) · No (19)
  • Battery Life

Gerhardus

GerhardusSouth East Queensland, QLD

Complete waste of $600

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys for $600.00.

ElleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish!

Purchased at Godfreys Oxenford .

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

APPGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

Purchased in March 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

APP

I went to Cranbourne Godfreys and apparently the brush had a issue. I was then charged $30 to replace that and the guy said it's not covered as warranty. This is not acceptable :(

Roman

RomanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A fancy looking crap

Purchased at Godfreys for $550.00.

Floor Type Wood

FionaDarwin, NT

Absolute FALSE ADVERTISING.. DO NOT PURCHASE!

Same as everyone else on this review site; convinced by Godfrey's that this as as good as Dyson. We have owned for 12 months now, no pets, tiled floors only. Battery lasts 8 mins tops after full charge; not enough to even clean the house. Shocking; stay WELL AWAY from this dodgy, falsely advertised piece of crap.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfrey's Darwin for $500.00.

Fiona

That is ABSOLUTELY NOT what the Godfrey’s salesman told me. I paid almost the price of the Dyson because he convinced me it would be just as good and last as long. What a joke. I am disgusted... I was told it had a run time of several hours...

Janet C.

Janet C.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Does evetything, car, window slidings, carpet, tiles etc.

Had this vacuum for nearly two years, clean filter every month, easy to use, cleans carpet, floors, attachments are great for window slidings, mattress, cleaning between cracks, vacuums out car well, very happy with this product.

Purchased at Godfreys for $600.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

Hi Janet,
We are glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Sab

SabPerth, WA

Expensive Useless vac

Used the Hoover air stick pro on tile and carpet floors. The brush stops working after 5 months and the servicing did not help at all. Its the most expensive and useless vacuum I have ever own. Complete waste of money, time and frustrating .

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys.

dapter

dapterWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

expensive rubbish

i bought mine from gofferys hervey bay , i was told it was the best of the best , only to find out it was the worst of the worst, after a charge it last approx 3 minutes and cuts out , it get blocked easy and you are all the time cleaning it, when it should be do the floor. don't buy or let the salesman tell you that there is nothing better he is is trying to sell you crap. over $500 wasted

Purchased at Gofferys for $590.00.

Totally Useless Vac

This vac was used mainly on tiled floors. It was fine for the first 10 months or so, then prior to the 1 year warranty expiring we had to take it in for checking as it kept conking out after about 15 minutes use. They found nothing wrong! Now, just 5 months later - and past the battery warranty - it is still conking out after very little use. Took it in for checking again and we have been told it needs a new battery at a cost of $189 NZ. WHAT! We paid $655 NZ for this vac - you would expect it to last longer than 15 months. Not impressed at all.

Purchased in September 2018 for $655.00.

GlendaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of money

We live in a small apartment with carpet and timber floors. We purchased this machine on the advice from Godfreys.
At first I could vacuum the whole apartment without needing to recharge and it did an OK job. Now just 18 months later the charge lasts less than a minute. I cannot finish one room on low power without it cutting out.
I am extremely disappointed with the machine and would never recommend it.

Purchased in May 2018 at Godfreys for $499.00.

Glenda

Thanks for your response, but I decided to chuck it out and purchase a Dyson and I am very happy with it so far. No point going to all that trouble with the old one.

CissySydney, NSW

waste of money - totally useless

Salesmen at Godfrey's stated only this one would vacuum dog hair. It doesn't !
When it does work for a very short time after I have to take it to pieces to pull out blockage, it just moves dirt around the mat or floor. Even when I take it apart to pull our blockage, there are other areas that I can't get to. At the shop they use a strong vacuum to empty the blockages and say it works ok! Don't go near this useless piece of - - - -.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys Camperdown for $529.00.

Cissy

And the only area it was bought for was 1 rug - about 2 metres x 1.1/2 metres as the wood floors are cleaned with a magnetic broom. It couldn't even do that 1 rug!

Karen Lovering

Karen LoveringHobart, TAS

I have to agree. We have had no end of the same trouble

We have hard floors and carpet. When its not blocked it sucks up well but it doesnt all get into the chamber. So it keeps blocking. it also runs out of puff quickly.

Purchased in December 2018.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum

I was conned into buying this because they did not sell Dyson

I liked the salesman Godfreys ( maybe that was the problem) he assured me this was as good as Dyson longer battery life and easier to use.The battery lasted 15 minutes, it was extremely hard to clean.It also kept on clogging up - man I should go gone with my wish for the Dyson.I ended up buying an extra battery, returned it about 3 times for clogging and finally they obviously had sooo many complaints the redesigned the stick so that it was a LITTLE easier to clean out the clogging up ball.You have to dismantle the damn thing after every small vacuum! Needless to say I use our old upright Hoover and hardly ever use this hopeless stick I do not have money to burn o n another.

Purchased in September 2017 at Godfreys.

Product is used: Rarely

DanielJ

DanielJBundaberg

What a piece of crap

What a joke this machine turned out to be. Like many others here, Godfreys spun us one of the biggest lies of the century claiming this vacuum was the bees knees. They must be getting some big kick backs cause this is a heap of junk. I wont ever go back to Godfreys, and I wont ever touch a Hoover again. Gutless, lasts only a few minutes on high, and the worst thing about it is the rubbish you vacuum up never even makes it into the collection container, it gets clogged and stuck EVERY TIME. It is VERY difficult to unclog it too. Ive had enough, just went out and replaced in with a Dyson. Steer clear of this crap.

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Wood

Would never consider buying this Product ever.

I use it on vinyl,carpet and tiles.When it works its good after I had it a year it kept dying.Took it to Godfreys where I purchased it for $550,told them the battery kept dying,kept it for a day they said nothing wrong as a matter of fact they vacuumed the shop out. Took it home died as before,took it back today they said I must be using high speed,I told them I used position 1 he said that was the high setting.So I rang Hoover customer assistance,all they did was confirm that setting 1 was the high setting,they're both wrong that setting is Low.Think maybe I will refer this to Cosumer Affairs.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys for $550.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Don't be conned into buying this!!!! would put no stars if I could

This is the worst vacuum cleaner ever! Gets clogged extremely easily from the smallest thing. Clogs are very hard to clear, we had to be shown how to unclog it by Godfreys salesman otherwise no idea how. Battery does not last! Overheats! Hard and dirty way of emptying the 2 containers. Very poor design, we bought it based on the good reputation of Hoover. Do not be tricked by the Hoover brand or the Godfreys salesman spinning a yarn!!

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $700.00.

Matthias D.

Matthias D.

Waste of money!

Not a good vacuum cleaner. Keeps blocking up and after a year the battery was not charging anymore. We paid $550 and already had to invest into a new one. Waste of money.....

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys.

Do NOT Purchase

Purchased the unit in June 2017 for nearly $600. Since then it has been back for warranty issues 3 times.
Power head replaced twice and battery full replacement. Since battery replaced in March 2019 it has again failed and was again replaced in September 2019 just out of warranty. Fortunately Godfreys managed to get the new battery but again since then the power of the battery is insufficient to pick up hair on timber floor on low speed.
Battery usage time is absolutely poor with run time of 5-6 minutes on high.
Will never buy a Hoover product again. Absolute waste of money.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $582.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedTasmania

EXPENSIVE

Recommended by Godfreys. So disappointed. We paid $600 for this because we were told it was an amazing machine. Complete waste of money. Lasted nearly two years working correctly. Only two adults in new house and no pets. Now lasts 3 seconds on lower suction speed. Wont go at all on higher suction speed. Difficult to clean out. Read other reviews and wont pay $150 for new battery, as it would be good money chasing bad. The garbage tip is the place for this machine. I am sticking with Miele. Had Miele for 30 years and it is still going strong.

Purchased in November 2016 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Riptoff

RiptoffSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst purchase ever

Strathpine Godfreys insisted this was the best machine for animals. You might want to test them first before making false claims. I live in a unit with 3 carpeted areas, battery dies before I can finish them. Already been in for a battery replacement, I have had it less than a year.

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys strathpine for $550.00.

graham l.

graham l.asked

My air stick shuts down when I use high speed ???????!!!!!!!

Hi Graham,
I would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Cissy

Graham, don't believe them. That thing is nothing but trouble. It won't work. Look at the reviews!
Everyone who was conned by Godfrey's to buy one is so sorry they did so and didn't see the reviews first.
Cissy.

Netty A.

Netty A.asked

My Hoover Stick Pro gets clogged all the time. Have taken it back to Godfreys to unblock but the same thing happens again. I do the usual clean but its now sitting on the charger, taking up space, but totally useless

Disappointed

Disappointedasked

I wrote a review on another site. I have had the Air Stick Pro since November 2016. I have had my Miele (still going strong) for thirty years. Do not buy the Hoover Air Stick Pro. I would not buy a Hoover brand of anything. Mine worked ok for a while but now it only works for three seconds on the low speed. The box of attachments which came with it have never been used and there's probably others out there like me. It is a complete waste of money. I paid $600 for the Air Stick Pro (I put the receipt on the other site) and it was highly recommended by the salesperson at Godfreys. Will never go to Godfreys again. First and last time. Perhaps we should take a class action against Godfreys and Hoover. I am not buying another battery (someone on the other site wrote that new batteries for the Air Stick Pro are not available anywhere). I am buying another light stick vacuum cleaner to run around under the table each day. There are two fussy adults in this house so there's no mess. No kids and no pets. It is disgraceful. What are you going to do about it Hoover ???????????? Bet I don't get a satisfactory answer to that question. You are a rip off. So is Godfreys.

Heather G.
Heather G.

Totally agree with you. Apparently they have realised the clogging up issue and brought out another better designed head

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives