Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (46) · No (56)
  • Battery Life
Michael

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Please people do not buy this. It’s now in the bin

Had this piece of rubbish for 2 years or so ...... 1 year of this time been gathering dust. Thought I would give it one last go but still cuts out after 5 seconds. Out of warranty and Godfreys won’t look at it until I pay. Today finally throwing nearly $600 in the bin. Bought a Kmart one and it’s still working after 6 months. The other terrible thing with it it used to clog up every time and had to pull it apart to clean which took ages. Bad design and seeing I’m not the only one .... Hoover and Godfreys should be made to pay us all back.

Purchased in March 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Heather

Heather

Hoover should do product recall for this item

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Robyn

RobynCentral, TAS

I fell for the sales pitch! Never again.

Purchased in June 2016 at Godfreys for $649.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Karen

KarenPerth, WA

Unreliable

Bought this brand new in Dec 2018. At first it was great to use but over time, we've had to send it in for repairs a few times over the two year warranty period. My guess is it won't last much longer after the last repair. As much as it's very convenient to use, I hate that it has failed me so many times. Maybe time to switch to Dyson or just get a simple K Mart one.

Purchased in December 2018 for $599.00.

Susan08

Susan08Perth, WA

Spend your money on a cheapie from K-Mart don't waste it on this machine!

Purchased from Godfreys June 2018 having been told it was a great product and would make life easier. It was okay for the first week or so and then it kept cutting out after a couple of minutes. Returned to Godfreys several times to be told it was the way I used it or it hadn't been charged sufficiently. Now it needs a new battery which should have been replaced when I kept taking it back whilst still under warranty. So I would suggest people shop elsewhere so you get better customer service and buy a totally different product as this one certainly isn't worth $500.

Purchased in June 2015 for $500.00.

MillieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Waste of money

This disaster was purchased from Godfrey a couple of years ago. It continued to be faulty even after several returns to the store. We were even given a new machine and still we have the same issues. It only works on low. It cuts out on high after about 10 seconds. After full charge the battery is dead after 5 minutes use. I didn't pay $500.00 only to have a useless product at the end. No happy is an understatement.

Purchased at Godfreys for $599.00.

Millie

What she the point? I've already taken it back 3 times and it's still useless.

Hi Millie,
Taking the machine in for inspection is up to you, however without this we are unable to advise of the issue or provide a resolution.

ClareP

ClarePSydney, NSW

I loved this vacuum now I hate it

After about 8 months of using this brand new $599 vacuum in a 2br unit with floorboards, carpeted bedrooms the battery needed replacing. Every time I tried to use on highspeed mode for use on carpets and just turns itself off. This was done under warranty by Godfreys, so no problem there.
Recently the vacuum is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Its Ok on low speed and just turns off on high speed. Whilst this is fine on floorboards it not powerful enough on carpets and quite frankly I paid a lot of money for his vacuum to work on all surfaces. I'm going to head to my local Godfreys tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what they say as I'm not prepared to pay for a new battery every 8 months. Really really disappointed with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Heather Lovett

Heather LovettSydney Surrounds, NSW

General problem

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Multiple repairs - Godfrey Hoover air stick pro

I have bought this product on October 2018. Every 2 to 6 months it went to repairs (Godfrey stores. I can say they replaced many parts multiple times.
Though the sales man helpful and offered trade-in. I don't want to buy another product from Hoover brand.
I don't recommend any one to buy this though.

Purchased in October 2018 for $599.00.

kristabell

kristabellPerth, WA

terrible waste of money unless u want a vacumm that lasts 4mins

very disappointed was told by godfreys this was a top of the vacumm after 1 year the vacumm only lasts on low for 4 mins
I could buy a new battery for $95 but i feel with every ones reviews id just be throwing away more money

We have tiles and carpet , buy i only used this vacumm on tiles for a quick vacumm for crumbs etc after meal times ! Luckily i have a bigger vacumm that i use for the whole house! I certainly will never buy a hoover again

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Kylie G

Kylie GPerth, WA

Annoyed customer

The air stick pro is a terrible machine and was repaired under warranty a few months ago and now just out of warranty the battery has already died yet again and the machine is cutting out. Some gentleman rang from the service department and I was told that they could not Find a fault with machine what a joke. I do not want this machine back If you know the machines are faulty you should be refunding peoples money as $500 for a vacuum you would expect it to last longer than 18months. Disgruntled owner

Purchased in August 2018 for $499.00.

Unimpressed

UnimpressedSydney, NSW

Not worth the money

Within a few months the battery stopped working on high and would only last 10 minutes on low. Had it serviced under warranty only to have it happen again. No longer in warranty but I was told it is a common problem and to purchase a new battery. If it is a common problem it should be fixed. I only use it as an in between for a big vacuum. It cannot be used on carpet either as it clogs up and you need to dislodge all the carpet fibre. Not worth the price.

Purchased for $600.00.

Garbage. Clogs constantly. Barely lasts 20 minutes. Terrible to empty.

Cleans OK but from new the battery barely lasts long enough to do much more than a room and takes hours to recharge. I see Hoover replies that it's not a replacement for a normal vac but it's not exactly cheap and nowhere does the packaging nor their agent Godfreys state otherwise. Disgraceful conduct by both parties and my last purchase involving either.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys for $650.00.

Jock M.
Jock M.

No manual in box pertaining to runtime plus how is end user meant to know this prior to purchase? Oh I know, via YOUR resellers. Perhaps you should consider dropping Godfreys before Hoover's reputation goes completely down the toilet.

Pathetic product not fit for purpose

Have had nothing but problems you have to practically dismantle and unclog after every use or the battery cuts out. When i took it back i was told by 2 sales people that clogging up was a common problem. It was nearly out of warranty but again hardly used cos so unpracticle. I will go back to my tried and tested VAX as they dont let you down in a couple of years they normally last at least 10 or 12 years with no problems. Shame on Hoover for promoting this product as an efficient pet hair cleaner dont buy as its a waste of money.

Purchased in October 2018 at Godfreys for $499.00.

baliharsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth spending over $600 on this product

We were out to buy Dyson and stopped at Godfrey FountainGate, they said we have much better vacuum and shown us against Dyson.
The trick they used were that they were using a clogged up (not cleaned for a while) dyson vacuum (now we know why this one seems better that time) against a cleaned hoover vacuum.
This one is no way near Dyson,
Battery, operation time, getting clogged so quick.
We won't go to the Godfrey ever as they have dodgy sales people to manipulate.
We lost over $600 But learnt a lesson.
Do not trust Godfrey vacuum ever again.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Cathy B

Cathy BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got sucked in too.

I was sold this vac for a quick tidy up. As with all other comments the battery died very quickly and then stopped working on high. Now completely dead. Would not ever buy a Hoover again. What a shame that this product is such poor quality and marketed (pushed) by Godfrey's. Now will not shop there again - used to be my shop of choice.

Purchased at Godfreys for $599.00.

no good at all

Hoover if you know the Battery is crap why do you not find a better one or make replacement ones cheaper to buy $170 is way to much to soend after Paying $699 for ie to only last a short time

Purchased in February 2018 for $699.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

its rubbish will never buy another hoover product stick vacuum works on low speed when press high speed vacuum stops

works on low speed stops soon as i press fast speed button just works on low speed less than two years old fills up to quick would a faulty battery cause this

Purchased in July 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Expensive rubbish

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $650.00.

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

The man at godfreys sold me this vacuum cleaner using bicarbonate or baking powder. A fine dust I would say. Now they won’t repair my air stick pro because they tell me I’ve used it on fine dust.
The battery’s are only covered for a year in its warranty, however after reading reviews the battery seems to be the issue, and rarely lasting beyond a year. The customer service people said I needed to factor in environmental and useage. Well my vacuum lives in my lounge and I use it on tiles and wool carpet.
I would STRONGLY advise not to buy this vacuum. After paying in excess of $500 for it, do I think it’s fair it’s only expected to last a year? No I don’t.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $550.00.