Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.2

Pathetic product not fit for purpose

Have had nothing but problems you have to practically dismantle and unclog after every use or the battery cuts out. When i took it back i was told by 2 sales people that clogging up was a common problem. It was nearly out of warranty but again hardly used cos so unpracticle. I will go back to my tried and tested VAX as they dont let you down in a couple of years they normally last at least 10 or 12 years with no problems. Shame on Hoover for promoting this product as an efficient pet hair cleaner dont buy as its a waste of money.

Purchased in October 2018 at Godfreys for $499.00.

Floor TypeWood

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor machine.

Very very poor machine. After a couple of service calls I am about to put it in the rubbish. Would love to sell it on but I could not possibly take money from some unsuspecting purchaser when I know it will be a problem. Godfreys Greensborough admitted it was poorly designed but was still selling it. I have spent more time unclogging it than vacuuming. Originally bought as a gift for my daughter but she returned it to me. An expensive lesson. Never again Hoover or Godfreys.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Shannon C.

Shannon C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst vacuum I have ever bought

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hmmmm

When it works it works well, i am also having trouble with it shutting down on high speed and now it doesn't work for longer than a minute on low speed. Its only been used probably 30 times over the last 18 months since i bought it, it seems to be a common problem reading the reviews, how does one get this fixed?

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys.

Product is usedMonthly
Donald A.

Donald A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disaster Purchase

This so-called vacuum cleaner is the most poorly designed piece of equipment ever built. Run it over a carpet for 5 minutes and it becomes totally blocked. It just pushes dirt around. I have never seen any debris in the lower chamber as the tubes become blocked. A Class Action should be started against Hoover and Godfreys. !!!!!. If they had any conscious they would refund every purchaser at least $500.00

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Andie

AndieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Absolute rubbish

Agree with all the above. Worst vacuum ever. Picked up a $99 from Aldi & stomps all over this one.
Godfrey’s obviously knew these were crap & had to shift them, hence all salesman hype. Should gave to refund everyone for false advertising. Shame on you!

Purchased in July 2018 for $600.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Jayne

Jayne

Waste of money

Worst ever vacuum at $600
Was told the best by sales person
Very difficult to clear if anything gets blocked
And anything seems to cause blockage big or small
Very disappointed

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

Terrible vacuum

Advised by the store that this was the best cleaner and worth the high price, but my experience is the battery dies very quickly before I can clean 1 room and the strength of suction is less than I expected. Also, clearing the dirt collection is a dirty process.

Purchased for $600.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

I was conned into buying this because they did not sell Dyson

I liked the salesman Godfreys ( maybe that was the problem) he assured me this was as good as Dyson longer battery life and easier to use.The battery lasted 15 minutes, it was extremely hard to clean.It also kept on clogging up - man I should go gone with my wish for the Dyson.I ended up buying an extra battery, returned it about 3 times for clogging and finally they obviously had sooo many complaints the redesigned the stick so that it was a LITTLE easier to clean out the clogging up ball.You have to dismantle the damn thing after every small vacuum! Needless to say I use our old upright Hoover and hardly ever use this hopeless stick I do not have money to burn o n another.

Purchased in September 2017 at Godfreys.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

duckmanton10

duckmanton10asked

My Name is Ann, Can someone help me, I have the Hoover Air stick Pro 5223, its only about 2 years old, its been in the shop when it was just over 1 year, it keeps shutting off, they couldn't tell me what was wrong, but they fixed it and said the falter was dirty, I know the filter it was not dirty, i give my cleaner a good wash (the parts i can wash) and the filter ones every 3 weeks about, now just over a year from it being in the shop, its stared again stopping and this happens for a about 8 starts. can anyone help me. Thank you Ann

Ivan P.
Ivan P.

I'm sorry Ann. Our experience was very much as yours. We eventually gave up. Binned it and bought a Werthiem. It seems genreally agreed your Hoover unit and ours are rubbish

Hi Ann,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
There may be an issue with the battery or PCB.
We would recommend taking he machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection.

lorna joyce

lorna joyceasked

I can't turn on my vacuum although the green light is on? The battery is only a few months old?

Hi Lorna,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine and charger, into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs

Read the other reviews Lorna! Don’t spend another cent on this lemon! ... it hurts, I know.. but stay away from Hoover and Godfreys.. they are scammers..

EK

EKasked

How do you change battery on the airstick pro 5223

Hi EK,
The batter for the Air Stick Pro 5223 can be accessed via the cover on the back of the handvac.
This is shown on page 7 of the user manual.
Replacement batteries can be purchased through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.

See all Hoover Air Stick Pro questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners