Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.2

Karen
KarenPerth, WA

Unreliable

Bought this brand new in Dec 2018. At first it was great to use but over time, we've had to send it in for repairs a few times over the two year warranty period. My guess is it won't last much longer after the last repair. As much as it's very convenient to use, I hate that it has failed me so many times. Maybe time to switch to Dyson or just get a simple K Mart one.

Purchased in December 2018 for $599.00.

Multiple repairs - Godfrey Hoover air stick pro

I have bought this product on October 2018. Every 2 to 6 months it went to repairs (Godfrey stores. I can say they replaced many parts multiple times.
Though the sales man helpful and offered trade-in. I don't want to buy another product from Hoover brand.
I don't recommend any one to buy this though.

Purchased in October 2018 for $599.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood

Poor Battery life

12 months old and very poor battery life. To be fair if you arent vacuuming large objects and empty it after every use it doesnt clog. But once a week you have to take the roller out and de-hair it. No good in a household with 3 women with long hair. Battery life day 1 was about 30 mins on low. Now its about 5. Not worth the 500 dollars. No-name models run better. We bought a Kogan, about 100 dollars, runs rings around this Hoover.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor machine.

Very very poor machine. After a couple of service calls I am about to put it in the rubbish. Would love to sell it on but I could not possibly take money from some unsuspecting purchaser when I know it will be a problem. Godfreys Greensborough admitted it was poorly designed but was still selling it. I have spent more time unclogging it than vacuuming. Originally bought as a gift for my daughter but she returned it to me. An expensive lesson. Never again Hoover or Godfreys.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Shannon C.
Shannon C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst vacuum I have ever bought

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Godfrey G.Hoover

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Viv C.Perth, WA

Worst machine ever purchased!

We’ve sent our Hoover air stick pro off twice for repair already. Only 18 months old and now it has died again. All stores closed so we are left with nothing! Your salesmen should not be allowed to oversell this product with comparison to a Dyson! We, along with most people here who have left a review have all been told it’s better than a Dyson by your salesmen! Worst customer service also. We have not heard back from your customer service team yet. What happens when the warranty runs out! We paid $600 for this and would expect it to last longer than 18months! Stay away from Godfreys if you don’t want to conned into buying an expensive and unreliable piece of crap. Will be going to ombudsman unless resolved ASAP

Purchased in July 2018 at Whitfords for $600.00.

Floor TypeCarpet

Hi Viv,
Once the machine has been inspected you can then discuss with the store staff option in regards to repair, replacement, exchange or refund.

Shocking machine

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for $600.00.

Bee

Don’t even bother contacting Hoover either, they are absolutely no help at all!

Hi Bee,
We are happy to assist you and escalate this to management, however, the machine will need to be booked in for further inspection.

Lynne M.
Lynne M.Illawarra, NSW

Disappointed

Bought the Hoover Stick from Godfreys Fairy Meadow about 18 months ago - within 12 months whilst under warranty took it back as the unit wouldn’t switch off so had to run it till battery went flat and it also cut out every time I used the turbo mode - sent it away came back fixed but did not have the same power - took it back again only to get offered another brand vac stick which I was going to have to pay a few hundred dollars more - sorry very disappointed in the Hoover And now looking at replacing it - so no don’t think it is worth the money I paid for it.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys for $500.00.

Donald A.
Donald A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disaster Purchase

This so-called vacuum cleaner is the most poorly designed piece of equipment ever built. Run it over a carpet for 5 minutes and it becomes totally blocked. It just pushes dirt around. I have never seen any debris in the lower chamber as the tubes become blocked. A Class Action should be started against Hoover and Godfreys. !!!!!. If they had any conscious they would refund every purchaser at least $500.00

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Jayne
Jayne

Waste of money

Worst ever vacuum at $600
Was told the best by sales person
Very difficult to clear if anything gets blocked
And anything seems to cause blockage big or small
Very disappointed

Purchased in August 2018 for $600.00.

Terrible vacuum

Advised by the store that this was the best cleaner and worth the high price, but my experience is the battery dies very quickly before I can clean 1 room and the strength of suction is less than I expected. Also, clearing the dirt collection is a dirty process.

Purchased for $600.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

Don't be conned into buying this!!!! would put no stars if I could

This is the worst vacuum cleaner ever! Gets clogged extremely easily from the smallest thing. Clogs are very hard to clear, we had to be shown how to unclog it by Godfreys salesman otherwise no idea how. Battery does not last! Overheats! Hard and dirty way of emptying the 2 containers. Very poor design, we bought it based on the good reputation of Hoover. Do not be tricked by the Hoover brand or the Godfreys salesman spinning a yarn!!

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $700.00.

Ricardo B.
Ricardo B.asked

How do I remove the head to replace the lower hose as it has split in 2?

Hi Ricardo,
Unfortunately this is not a repair that we advise customer to complete themselves due to the wiring within the head, for safety reasons.
We would advise to have the machine booked in through your nearest Godfreys store for this to be replaced by our qualified technicians.

duckmanton10
duckmanton10asked

My Name is Ann, Can someone help me, I have the Hoover Air stick Pro 5223, its only about 2 years old, its been in the shop when it was just over 1 year, it keeps shutting off, they couldn't tell me what was wrong, but they fixed it and said the falter was dirty, I know the filter it was not dirty, i give my cleaner a good wash (the parts i can wash) and the filter ones every 3 weeks about, now just over a year from it being in the shop, its stared again stopping and this happens for a about 8 starts. can anyone help me. Thank you Ann

Ivan P.
Ivan P.

I'm sorry Ann. Our experience was very much as yours. We eventually gave up. Binned it and bought a Werthiem. It seems genreally agreed your Hoover unit and ours are rubbish

Hi Ann,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
There may be an issue with the battery or PCB.
We would recommend taking he machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection.

lorna joyce
lorna joyceasked

I can't turn on my vacuum although the green light is on? The battery is only a few months old?

Hi Lorna,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine and charger, into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs

Read the other reviews Lorna! Don’t spend another cent on this lemon! ... it hurts, I know.. but stay away from Hoover and Godfreys.. they are scammers..

Markh
Markh

Hi Lorna. I agree with Joe. After three visits to Godfreys and multiple repairs / batteries I have decided to bin my Hoover stick vac. A $500 purchase should last longer than the warranty period. Good bye Godfrey and Hoover!

See all Hoover Air Stick Pro questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners