Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.3

StuartSydney, NSW

Worst quality... Worst service...

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

Ivan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I should have read reviews before buying this expensive rubbish

Performed well when new but performance dropped off pretty quickly. Withing a few months could not use high power setting it died instantly now low power setting only runs for a few minutes. Never another Hoover and never entering Godfrey shops again. We were talked out of other units and brands buy a super smooth sales guy clearly with a vested interested in selling these rubbish units! Surely Godreys and Hoover you must know that word of mouth will kill you or save you. Well guess what? You are dead to me, my family and friends.

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Heather

Heather

Hoover should do product recall for this item

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Heather Lovett

Heather LovettSydney Surrounds, NSW

General problem

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

The man at godfreys sold me this vacuum cleaner using bicarbonate or baking powder. A fine dust I would say. Now they won’t repair my air stick pro because they tell me I’ve used it on fine dust.
The battery’s are only covered for a year in its warranty, however after reading reviews the battery seems to be the issue, and rarely lasting beyond a year. The customer service people said I needed to factor in environmental and useage. Well my vacuum lives in my lounge and I use it on tiles and wool carpet.
I would STRONGLY advise not to buy this vacuum. After paying in excess of $500 for it, do I think it’s fair it’s only expected to last a year? No I don’t.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $550.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Not good, but not that bad.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

A complete waste of money

The feed tube regularly gets blocked with carpet fluff and is very difficult to unblock. In the last few months it has taken to cutting out within a few seconds of being switched on.

Purchased at Godfreys.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

A lemon

Purchased in March 2017 for $599.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

Yeah it is terrrible
Product and shame on you for continuing to sell it. Your sales people put Dyson down. So many unhappy customers can’t be wrong. Mine is at the top where it belings

Unhappy customer

I’m sure you just copy and paste your comments ie . We are sorry!!!!!!!. Hope you sleep at night

debbie

debbieHunter Region, NSW

Worst appliance I have ever bought

Bought this stickvac from Godfreys in May 2018 for $499. Very unsatisfactory except for the hand held facility which is satisfactory. I have carpet and hard floors. Small house but battery never lasts long enough to complete job. Usually just pushes dirt away on hard floors. Has to be pulled apart (no easy task) after every use. Gone back to soft broom on hard floors, much less trouble. Had it back to Godfreys and they replaced agitator and handle while still under warranty. Worst investment in household appliance I've ever made and I wouldn't give or sell it to anyone. Basically I've paid $499 for a hand held vac with unsatisfactory battery life.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor machine.

Very very poor machine. After a couple of service calls I am about to put it in the rubbish. Would love to sell it on but I could not possibly take money from some unsuspecting purchaser when I know it will be a problem. Godfreys Greensborough admitted it was poorly designed but was still selling it. I have spent more time unclogging it than vacuuming. Originally bought as a gift for my daughter but she returned it to me. An expensive lesson. Never again Hoover or Godfreys.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Product is usedRarely

Battery life not good

Vac was purchased about 21/2yrs ago..last yr took back for service as battery charge did not last long like our previous vacuums..we actually were going to buy a dyson but were talked into the pro..which i am happy with the job it does on my Carpet and timber floors..but as pensioners and paying such a high price i regret this now as when i went to godfreys again yesterday the salesman said " like everything in life they run out"..now i have to pay $100 for new battery..is this going to happen every 18mths or so..im disappointed with battery lifespan as i love the actual vacuum

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Kate
Kate

Thanks for your response but it doesnt help the people who buy this product..my poor judgement in purchasing

Razor

Razor

Poor on battery durability, average on cleaning, virtually useless after 2/3 years

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for $549.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Shannon C.

Shannon C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst vacuum I have ever bought

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Product is usedRarely
Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Jessica H.

Jessica H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great at 1st but disappointed

Purchased at Godfreys.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood

This Vacuum is rubbish

Only 18 months old and the machine won’t run for more than a few seconds.
Have been told it’s a battery issue. $100 + postage and only lasted such a short time! I’ll never buy from Godfreys again, and certainly never a Hover.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $500.00.

Ricardo B.

Ricardo B.asked

How do I remove the head to replace the lower hose as it has split in 2?

Hi Ricardo,
Unfortunately this is not a repair that we advise customer to complete themselves due to the wiring within the head, for safety reasons.
We would advise to have the machine booked in through your nearest Godfreys store for this to be replaced by our qualified technicians.

duckmanton10

duckmanton10asked

My Name is Ann, Can someone help me, I have the Hoover Air stick Pro 5223, its only about 2 years old, its been in the shop when it was just over 1 year, it keeps shutting off, they couldn't tell me what was wrong, but they fixed it and said the falter was dirty, I know the filter it was not dirty, i give my cleaner a good wash (the parts i can wash) and the filter ones every 3 weeks about, now just over a year from it being in the shop, its stared again stopping and this happens for a about 8 starts. can anyone help me. Thank you Ann

Ivan P.

I'm sorry Ann. Our experience was very much as yours. We eventually gave up. Binned it and bought a Werthiem. It seems genreally agreed your Hoover unit and ours are rubbish

Hi Ann,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
There may be an issue with the battery or PCB.
We would recommend taking he machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for further inspection.

lorna joyce

lorna joyceasked

I can't turn on my vacuum although the green light is on? The battery is only a few months old?

Hi Lorna,
We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend taking the machine and charger, into your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection.

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs

Read the other reviews Lorna! Don’t spend another cent on this lemon! ... it hurts, I know.. but stay away from Hoover and Godfreys.. they are scammers..

Markh
Markh

Hi Lorna. I agree with Joe. After three visits to Godfreys and multiple repairs / batteries I have decided to bin my Hoover stick vac. A $500 purchase should last longer than the warranty period. Good bye Godfrey and Hoover!

See all Hoover Air Stick Pro questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners