Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

1.4

Ivan P.

Ivan P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I should have read reviews before buying this expensive rubbish

Performed well when new but performance dropped off pretty quickly. Withing a few months could not use high power setting it died instantly now low power setting only runs for a few minutes. Never another Hoover and never entering Godfrey shops again. We were talked out of other units and brands buy a super smooth sales guy clearly with a vested interested in selling these rubbish units! Surely Godreys and Hoover you must know that word of mouth will kill you or save you. Well guess what? You are dead to me, my family and friends.

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Tim G.

Tim G.South East Queensland, QLD

This product should never passed Hoover's quality control

Purchased in February 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Floor TypeWood
Heather

Heather

Hoover should do product recall for this item

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

ClareP

ClarePSydney, NSW

I loved this vacuum now I hate it

After about 8 months of using this brand new $599 vacuum in a 2br unit with floorboards, carpeted bedrooms the battery needed replacing. Every time I tried to use on highspeed mode for use on carpets and just turns itself off. This was done under warranty by Godfreys, so no problem there.
Recently the vacuum is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Its Ok on low speed and just turns off on high speed. Whilst this is fine on floorboards it not powerful enough on carpets and quite frankly I paid a lot of money for his vacuum to work on all surfaces. I'm going to head to my local Godfreys tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what they say as I'm not prepared to pay for a new battery every 8 months. Really really disappointed with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Heather Lovett

Heather LovettSydney Surrounds, NSW

General problem

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys for $599.00.

kristabell

kristabellPerth, WA

terrible waste of money unless u want a vacumm that lasts 4mins

very disappointed was told by godfreys this was a top of the vacumm after 1 year the vacumm only lasts on low for 4 mins
I could buy a new battery for $95 but i feel with every ones reviews id just be throwing away more money

We have tiles and carpet , buy i only used this vacumm on tiles for a quick vacumm for crumbs etc after meal times ! Luckily i have a bigger vacumm that i use for the whole house! I certainly will never buy a hoover again

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Floor TypeTiles
Unimpressed

UnimpressedSydney, NSW

Not worth the money

Within a few months the battery stopped working on high and would only last 10 minutes on low. Had it serviced under warranty only to have it happen again. No longer in warranty but I was told it is a common problem and to purchase a new battery. If it is a common problem it should be fixed. I only use it as an in between for a big vacuum. It cannot be used on carpet either as it clogs up and you need to dislodge all the carpet fibre. Not worth the price.

Purchased for $600.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles

Garbage. Clogs constantly. Barely lasts 20 minutes. Terrible to empty.

Cleans OK but from new the battery barely lasts long enough to do much more than a room and takes hours to recharge. I see Hoover replies that it's not a replacement for a normal vac but it's not exactly cheap and nowhere does the packaging nor their agent Godfreys state otherwise. Disgraceful conduct by both parties and my last purchase involving either.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys for $650.00.

Jock M.
Jock M.

No manual in box pertaining to runtime plus how is end user meant to know this prior to purchase? Oh I know, via YOUR resellers. Perhaps you should consider dropping Godfreys before Hoover's reputation goes completely down the toilet.

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

The man at godfreys sold me this vacuum cleaner using bicarbonate or baking powder. A fine dust I would say. Now they won’t repair my air stick pro because they tell me I’ve used it on fine dust.
The battery’s are only covered for a year in its warranty, however after reading reviews the battery seems to be the issue, and rarely lasting beyond a year. The customer service people said I needed to factor in environmental and useage. Well my vacuum lives in my lounge and I use it on tiles and wool carpet.
I would STRONGLY advise not to buy this vacuum. After paying in excess of $500 for it, do I think it’s fair it’s only expected to last a year? No I don’t.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $550.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Not good, but not that bad.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Lyndell B.

Lyndell B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap vacuum

Worked great for a year, then battery went and was replaced under warranty.
Now the battery has gone again not even a year later, the hose on the power head had spilt so I got that replaced, even their floor model had a spilt in it when I showed him what I was talking about.
I replaced the brush as it works on high for 2 mins then the brush won't spin, this was happening before I replaced the brush.
What in the hell is wrong with the vacuum now?
Ended up buying a new Samsung stick vacuum, but hoping to fix the Hoover so it can be stored and used in my son's room, so my son leaves my new vacuum alone.

Purchased in March 2018 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood

A complete waste of money

The feed tube regularly gets blocked with carpet fluff and is very difficult to unblock. In the last few months it has taken to cutting out within a few seconds of being switched on.

Purchased at Godfreys.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Mary Robinson

Mary RobinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thought I was buying a good Product

I too have had problems with battery life with my Hoover Air Stick Pro. I deliberately purchased what I thought was a reliable product but have been disappointed. The Battery started to fail after only 12mths and I have put up with it until now - just cost me a further $145 for a new battery. My Car Battery lasts longer then that!!! Was encouraged to buy this product by Godfreys Browns Plains

Purchased in November 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $700.00.

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

A lemon

Purchased in March 2017 for $599.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

Yeah it is terrrible
Product and shame on you for continuing to sell it. Your sales people put Dyson down. So many unhappy customers can’t be wrong. Mine is at the top where it belings

Unhappy customer

I’m sure you just copy and paste your comments ie . We are sorry!!!!!!!. Hope you sleep at night

debbie

debbieHunter Region, NSW

Worst appliance I have ever bought

Bought this stickvac from Godfreys in May 2018 for $499. Very unsatisfactory except for the hand held facility which is satisfactory. I have carpet and hard floors. Small house but battery never lasts long enough to complete job. Usually just pushes dirt away on hard floors. Has to be pulled apart (no easy task) after every use. Gone back to soft broom on hard floors, much less trouble. Had it back to Godfreys and they replaced agitator and handle while still under warranty. Worst investment in household appliance I've ever made and I wouldn't give or sell it to anyone. Basically I've paid $499 for a hand held vac with unsatisfactory battery life.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Battery life not good

Vac was purchased about 21/2yrs ago..last yr took back for service as battery charge did not last long like our previous vacuums..we actually were going to buy a dyson but were talked into the pro..which i am happy with the job it does on my Carpet and timber floors..but as pensioners and paying such a high price i regret this now as when i went to godfreys again yesterday the salesman said " like everything in life they run out"..now i have to pay $100 for new battery..is this going to happen every 18mths or so..im disappointed with battery lifespan as i love the actual vacuum

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Kate
Kate

Thanks for your response but it doesnt help the people who buy this product..my poor judgement in purchasing

Razor

Razor

Poor on battery durability, average on cleaning, virtually useless after 2/3 years

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for $549.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum
Natalie N.

Natalie N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Easy to move. Great suction.

This product is light weight, easy to move and sucks up my phone cord if I accidentally run over it. I’ve had it for 2 years now. I absolutely love it. It’s easy to clean.
The only negative is the battery life isn’t overly long but I wouldn’t expect it to be with the strong suction it has.
If I am quick I can do my entire 3 bedroom house with it.

Purchased in October 2017 at Godfreys.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Jill

JillPerth, WA

Disappointed in battery life.

Starts out great but is difficult to keep clean and now has a flat battery. Bought in Nov 18 & for $550 I expected a longer battery life and I'm disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 for $549.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood