Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro (page 2 of 11)

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (47) · No (57)
  • Battery Life

Expensive rubbish

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $650.00.

Gemma Heales

Gemma HealesPerth, WA

Absolute waste of money

The man at godfreys sold me this vacuum cleaner using bicarbonate or baking powder. A fine dust I would say. Now they won’t repair my air stick pro because they tell me I’ve used it on fine dust.
The battery’s are only covered for a year in its warranty, however after reading reviews the battery seems to be the issue, and rarely lasting beyond a year. The customer service people said I needed to factor in environmental and useage. Well my vacuum lives in my lounge and I use it on tiles and wool carpet.
I would STRONGLY advise not to buy this vacuum. After paying in excess of $500 for it, do I think it’s fair it’s only expected to last a year? No I don’t.

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $550.00.

Martin BSouthwest, VIC

good back up but NOT as main machine

Purchased to replace a Dyson DC05 Absolute as needed some parts after 22 years, can't source so repaired it myself and bought a hoover airsick pro, seemed great for about 1 month then the head failed no HI function...returned to store and "fixed". went well for 6 months and now won't stay on high just turns self off. Battery has significantly reduced and a second battery is exorbitantly priced and won't work as it has to be on the unit to charge!! hello!! Use it every week and for quick tidy ups but can't be relied on for weekly clean. Still need to go and buy a new vacuum.

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Not good, but not that bad.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

The Hoover Air Stick Pro is Just So Baddddd

Great for a couple of months, then it started, electric foot roller died. power boost stopped and then not enough power to drag the dust into collection area so pipes blocked up. This machine is so hopeless it's a joke please be kind to yourself do not think about purchasing this toy

Purchased at NZ.

Lyndell B.

Lyndell B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Crap vacuum

Worked great for a year, then battery went and was replaced under warranty.
Now the battery has gone again not even a year later, the hose on the power head had spilt so I got that replaced, even their floor model had a spilt in it when I showed him what I was talking about.
I replaced the brush as it works on high for 2 mins then the brush won't spin, this was happening before I replaced the brush.
What in the hell is wrong with the vacuum now?
Ended up buying a new Samsung stick vacuum, but hoping to fix the Hoover so it can be stored and used in my son's room, so my son leaves my new vacuum alone.

Purchased in March 2018 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Poor Battery life

12 months old and very poor battery life. To be fair if you arent vacuuming large objects and empty it after every use it doesnt clog. But once a week you have to take the roller out and de-hair it. No good in a household with 3 women with long hair. Battery life day 1 was about 30 mins on low. Now its about 5. Not worth the 500 dollars. No-name models run better. We bought a Kogan, about 100 dollars, runs rings around this Hoover.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

A complete waste of money

The feed tube regularly gets blocked with carpet fluff and is very difficult to unblock. In the last few months it has taken to cutting out within a few seconds of being switched on.

Purchased at Godfreys.

Mary Robinson

Mary RobinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thought I was buying a good Product

I too have had problems with battery life with my Hoover Air Stick Pro. I deliberately purchased what I thought was a reliable product but have been disappointed. The Battery started to fail after only 12mths and I have put up with it until now - just cost me a further $145 for a new battery. My Car Battery lasts longer then that!!! Was encouraged to buy this product by Godfreys Browns Plains

Purchased in November 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $700.00.

Unhappy customerSouth East Queensland, QLD

A lemon

Purchased in March 2017 for $599.00.

Yeah it is terrrible
Product and shame on you for continuing to sell it. Your sales people put Dyson down. So many unhappy customers can’t be wrong. Mine is at the top where it belings

Unhappy customer

I’m sure you just copy and paste your comments ie . We are sorry!!!!!!!. Hope you sleep at night

Not fit for purpose

Used on hard floors and carpet. Picks up dust and animal hair well.
It blocks up virtually every time I use it. Half a garlic clove skin will block it up.
Because the machine doesn’t come apart, just locating the blockage is time consuming.
Unblocking is VERY convoluted - you can’t remove the stick from the handle to see into it and clean it out, and getting to the power head brush requires the removal of 6 screws.
Mine has a battery life of 10 minutes. I spend more time unblocking it than I do using it.
Astonishingly poorly designed.

Purchased at Godfreys for $600.00.

Gribben Peter

Gribben PeterAU

Poor battery life.

Worls well but gets clogged up quickly. First battery dies just out of warranty. Bought a new one and it worked well for a couple of months Then the motorised head stopped working. Pretty rubbish bit of kit. I used to swear by Hoover, not any more.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys.

debbie

debbieHunter Region, NSW

Worst appliance I have ever bought

Bought this stickvac from Godfreys in May 2018 for $499. Very unsatisfactory except for the hand held facility which is satisfactory. I have carpet and hard floors. Small house but battery never lasts long enough to complete job. Usually just pushes dirt away on hard floors. Has to be pulled apart (no easy task) after every use. Gone back to soft broom on hard floors, much less trouble. Had it back to Godfreys and they replaced agitator and handle while still under warranty. Worst investment in household appliance I've ever made and I wouldn't give or sell it to anyone. Basically I've paid $499 for a hand held vac with unsatisfactory battery life.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys for $499.00.

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Would be great if it worked well consistently!

I use it mostly on hard surfaces and occasionally on low pile carpet in my small apartment.
It was a big investment for me and it has been very troublesome. Not charging at all and not holding charge and working for a few seconds then shutting off. Charger was replaced shortly after purchase while on warranty but now warranty has ended and problem with battery/charger will have to come out of my pocket. Im very disappointed. This machine should have been recalled going by the reviews on here.

Purchased in November 2016 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Thank you. Will do.

WilsonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor machine.

Very very poor machine. After a couple of service calls I am about to put it in the rubbish. Would love to sell it on but I could not possibly take money from some unsuspecting purchaser when I know it will be a problem. Godfreys Greensborough admitted it was poorly designed but was still selling it. I have spent more time unclogging it than vacuuming. Originally bought as a gift for my daughter but she returned it to me. An expensive lesson. Never again Hoover or Godfreys.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Battery life not good

Vac was purchased about 21/2yrs ago..last yr took back for service as battery charge did not last long like our previous vacuums..we actually were going to buy a dyson but were talked into the pro..which i am happy with the job it does on my Carpet and timber floors..but as pensioners and paying such a high price i regret this now as when i went to godfreys again yesterday the salesman said " like everything in life they run out"..now i have to pay $100 for new battery..is this going to happen every 18mths or so..im disappointed with battery lifespan as i love the actual vacuum

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Kate
Kate

Thanks for your response but it doesnt help the people who buy this product..my poor judgement in purchasing

Razor

Razor

Poor on battery durability, average on cleaning, virtually useless after 2/3 years

Purchased in January 2018 at Godfreys for $549.00.

Shannon C.

Shannon C.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst vacuum I have ever bought

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $599.00.

Natalie N.

Natalie N.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Easy to move. Great suction.

This product is light weight, easy to move and sucks up my phone cord if I accidentally run over it. I’ve had it for 2 years now. I absolutely love it. It’s easy to clean.
The only negative is the battery life isn’t overly long but I wouldn’t expect it to be with the strong suction it has.
If I am quick I can do my entire 3 bedroom house with it.

Purchased in October 2017 at Godfreys.

Jill

JillPerth, WA

Disappointed in battery life.

Starts out great but is difficult to keep clean and now has a flat battery. Bought in Nov 18 & for $550 I expected a longer battery life and I'm disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 for $549.00.