Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (9)
  • Battery Life
Karen

KarenPerth, WA

Unreliable

Bought this brand new in Dec 2018. At first it was great to use but over time, we've had to send it in for repairs a few times over the two year warranty period. My guess is it won't last much longer after the last repair. As much as it's very convenient to use, I hate that it has failed me so many times. Maybe time to switch to Dyson or just get a simple K Mart one.

Purchased in December 2018 for $599.00.

ClareP

ClarePSydney, NSW

I loved this vacuum now I hate it

After about 8 months of using this brand new $599 vacuum in a 2br unit with floorboards, carpeted bedrooms the battery needed replacing. Every time I tried to use on highspeed mode for use on carpets and just turns itself off. This was done under warranty by Godfreys, so no problem there.
Recently the vacuum is doing EXACTLY the same thing. Its Ok on low speed and just turns off on high speed. Whilst this is fine on floorboards it not powerful enough on carpets and quite frankly I paid a lot of money for his vacuum to work on all surfaces. I'm going to head to my local Godfreys tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what they say as I'm not prepared to pay for a new battery every 8 months. Really really disappointed with this purchase.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Heather Lovett

Heather LovettSydney Surrounds, NSW

General problem

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

baliharsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not worth spending over $600 on this product

We were out to buy Dyson and stopped at Godfrey FountainGate, they said we have much better vacuum and shown us against Dyson.
The trick they used were that they were using a clogged up (not cleaned for a while) dyson vacuum (now we know why this one seems better that time) against a cleaned hoover vacuum.
This one is no way near Dyson,
Battery, operation time, getting clogged so quick.
We won't go to the Godfrey ever as they have dodgy sales people to manipulate.
We lost over $600 But learnt a lesson.
Do not trust Godfrey vacuum ever again.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $600.00.

Expensive rubbish

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $650.00.

Poor Battery life

12 months old and very poor battery life. To be fair if you arent vacuuming large objects and empty it after every use it doesnt clog. But once a week you have to take the roller out and de-hair it. No good in a household with 3 women with long hair. Battery life day 1 was about 30 mins on low. Now its about 5. Not worth the 500 dollars. No-name models run better. We bought a Kogan, about 100 dollars, runs rings around this Hoover.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Mary Robinson

Mary RobinsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Thought I was buying a good Product

I too have had problems with battery life with my Hoover Air Stick Pro. I deliberately purchased what I thought was a reliable product but have been disappointed. The Battery started to fail after only 12mths and I have put up with it until now - just cost me a further $145 for a new battery. My Car Battery lasts longer then that!!! Was encouraged to buy this product by Godfreys Browns Plains

Purchased in November 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $700.00.

Gribben Peter

Gribben PeterAU

Poor battery life.

Worls well but gets clogged up quickly. First battery dies just out of warranty. Bought a new one and it worked well for a couple of months Then the motorised head stopped working. Pretty rubbish bit of kit. I used to swear by Hoover, not any more.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys.

SandyThe Mallee, VIC

Would be great if it worked well consistently!

I use it mostly on hard surfaces and occasionally on low pile carpet in my small apartment.
It was a big investment for me and it has been very troublesome. Not charging at all and not holding charge and working for a few seconds then shutting off. Charger was replaced shortly after purchase while on warranty but now warranty has ended and problem with battery/charger will have to come out of my pocket. Im very disappointed. This machine should have been recalled going by the reviews on here.

Purchased in November 2016 at Godfreys for $599.00.

Thank you. Will do.

Wouldn't buy Hoover again not anything from Godfrey's

Purchased for $600.00.

Jaye

JayeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Abandoned it after I got the robotic vacuum

It’s an expensive vacuum yet it’s not as good . It’s giving me hard time to empty the dust from vacuum. It’s like a battle to keep the dirt from dropping back to the floor when try to empty the dust container. I won’t recommend this vacuum

Purchased in September 2017.

Clair R

Clair RMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Too much maintenance

Most times I vacuum hair gets caught around the roller and it stops spinning. I have to take it apart to get it spinning again. It's fiddly and messy to empty the container, most ends up on the floor so you have to clean after you cleaned! Most days it runs out of battery before I finish the whole house. Now it's started to die as soon as I put it on high which I need for my carpets. Godfrey salesman talked me into this, I went in to buy a Dyson. Really annoyed as it's now useless after a year and I will have to buy a new vacuum.

Purchased in May 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Adam

AdamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just a toy

Purchased in March 2017.

Mega tired

Mega tiredMelbourne

I have such buyer's remorse

Another person who got pushed into buying this at Godfreys. I have two long haired cats and even though I keep the floor pretty clean, I have to unclog the brush head and neck of this every few times I use it. I'm utterly sick of it. Emptying it makes a real mess too. I think the battery life is OK.

Purchased in January 2018 for $500.00.

Disappointing performance

Probably the most disappointing vacuum I’ve ever bought. Got talked into buying the Hoover Air Stick, when I was planning on buying a Dyson. The battery life is appalling- we live in a 3 bedroom unit & it cannot vacuum half the unit befor the battery fails. Gets clogged up very easily & is the most difficult vacuum to clean. Very disappointed- would never recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Replacement Battery Don’t Bother

Purchased Hoover Freedom
Had it for 17 months.
Battery dead always looked after As good as day purchased.
Tried purchasing new battery direct from Hoover.
Paid £50 told be shipped out same day.
Waited for days called Hoover as they don’t give out tracking numbers.
Goods not arrived DPD courier given tracking number by Hoover answer machine no deliver dates goods arriving
Yes when!!!!
Asked for money back goods have to be returned to Hoover before refund I’ve paid for goods days ago we don’t know where goods are and until hoover receive goods no refund so could be 14 days from when ever !!!
Morel when machine failed go big anything but
HOOVER FREEDOM

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Don't waste your money

Used it a few times. Gave one to my daughter as well as I was so excited it worked really well in the beginning. Now we both are frustrated as it totally lost the suction power after a few months despite cleaning the filter. Dirt keeps falling out of vacuum cleaner.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Paul

PaulGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Did Hoover do any product testing on this?

Suction is great when its brand new. Problem is the design means that its for ever clogging up with dust and fibres etc. The openings and tubing is too narrow. It leads me to question did Hoover do any product testing on this at all? Forever unclogging it, and i dont have any pets, mostly hardwood floors and noone with long hair...
Frankly i should have gone for the Dyson...

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Suz

Suz

Waste of money

This is certainly not worth the excessive amount of money. The head blokes up constantly with fluff and i spend more time taking it apart and cleaning it out than actually vacuuming with it. When i am vacuuming it will spit muck out that doesn't get sucked into the unit. You can't have speed on high or it dies really quickly. Don't waste your money or time! A very cheap and nasty vacuum excessively priced.

Date PurchasedMar 2017