Hoover Air Stick Pro

Hoover Air Stick Pro

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (4)
  • Battery Life

Martin BSouthwest, VIC

good back up but NOT as main machine

Purchased to replace a Dyson DC05 Absolute as needed some parts after 22 years, can't source so repaired it myself and bought a hoover airsick pro, seemed great for about 1 month then the head failed no HI function...returned to store and "fixed". went well for 6 months and now won't stay on high just turns self off. Battery has significantly reduced and a second battery is exorbitantly priced and won't work as it has to be on the unit to charge!! hello!! Use it every week and for quick tidy ups but can't be relied on for weekly clean. Still need to go and buy a new vacuum.

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

Not good, but not that bad.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $499.00.

Battery life not good

Vac was purchased about 21/2yrs ago..last yr took back for service as battery charge did not last long like our previous vacuums..we actually were going to buy a dyson but were talked into the pro..which i am happy with the job it does on my Carpet and timber floors..but as pensioners and paying such a high price i regret this now as when i went to godfreys again yesterday the salesman said " like everything in life they run out"..now i have to pay $100 for new battery..is this going to happen every 18mths or so..im disappointed with battery lifespan as i love the actual vacuum

Purchased in April 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $500.00.

Kate
Kate

Thanks for your response but it doesnt help the people who buy this product..my poor judgement in purchasing

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Air Stick Pro compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Hmmmm

When it works it works well, i am also having trouble with it shutting down on high speed and now it doesn't work for longer than a minute on low speed. Its only been used probably 30 times over the last 18 months since i bought it, it seems to be a common problem reading the reviews, how does one get this fixed?

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys.

Jacqui F.

Jacqui F.Perth, WA

Alot of trouble

Had this vacuum for yr and half, as great then things started goung wrong.Since then been back to get serviced as wouldn't as wouldn't suck properly.Since having it back eveytime I use the turbo it shuts off and I have to take it all apart as it's clogged up the pipe all the time.
This should not happening every time I use it.SO FRUSTRATING.

Purchased in August 2018 for $535.00.

Dave S.

Dave S.Northeast, VIC

My Airstick Pro Drives Me MAD.

Having had my Air stick pro for nearly 18 months I decided to see if my problems were a common fault.
WELL in short yes.
Firstly it was highly recommended by Godfrey salesman , huge mistake of mine.they need to thoroughly test there products first as nearly 700$ was spent on this unit.
It blocks up almost every use requiring disassembly to clean.
It lasts 30 mins , that's ok.
It takes ages to recharge.
It's not really user friendly.
In short the suction is great but the delivery of dirt to the canisters is very poor designed.
Particles bigger than a pea will become lodged in the tubing and all the lint sticks behind them .
Do I recommend this unit sorry NO.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfrey Wangaratta for $700.00.

Blocks far too easily and very difficult to clear out, good attachment design

Seems to work okay when using the alternative head attachments, but for most of the house vacuuming I want to using the main stick, which has been very disappointing. We use it a few times a week (have to, given the battery lasts for ~15mins), but after a few months the drive on the brush of the main stick isn't working whenever the brush hits any sort of resistance (ie. the floor). The suction is still fine, but we effectively can't use the main vacuum stick and are left only using the attachments, not very practical for vacuuming a living area. We are now looking at getting another vacuum, which as a young couple is very disappointing as we thought we had invested our money into a good product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
sophia

sophia

Do the job but hard to get the dust out when tangle with hairs

I have been using it for over a year now. It still works ok. Easy to monuver and not so heavy to push and drag around. However, it has a huge problem, that is the dusk tank it extremely difficult to clean, hair would spin and tangled around the filter, it drives me crazy to clean it and to clean it completely, I would have dust everywhere and cannot breath while I do it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
VKCbase

VKCbasemelbourne

Was OK to start with

I was delighted with this when I got it (Godfreys) but a year on I have very little run time on the battery and I have to be finished in about four minutes or it's all over. It is a solid little thing and cleans very well in those few minutes its actually running, all in all a good design let down by a terribly short lived battery. Would NOT buy again.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Kath

Suction good, cleaning it bad

Just bought the air stick Pro, very happy with the suction and easy to maneuver but unhappy in the design of empying the dust bin from the main body. Allot of dust falls out onto the floor while removing it and I can taste the dust in my mouth, not good if you suffer from dust allergies. Surely Hoover could have made it more easier to empty this without bending down, being so fiddly and messy.

Date PurchasedJune 2018
Deb.  G

Deb. GLower Hutt

Easily clogs

Easy to use. Takes longer than expected to charge, sales person said 20 minutes. The floor head gets hair wrapped around it so much you need to remove the roller regularly and cut off hair, cotton etc, very time consuming. When the tube clogged, after about 3 months, I couldn't work out how to clean. Took back to shop and was shown how to clear it. But it isn't anywhere in the manual. Works well in car and does a good job throughout house. Just the cleaning of machine is a bother.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Cheerio25

Cheerio25geelong

Was Excellent at First

Was excellent at first but now that its close to a year old the batter run time has reduced a lot. I would be lucky to get five minutes now and that's not enough. Other than the battery problems this is an excellent little handy vac that I have used a lot for kitchen clean ups and to vac up sany from the beach. Emptying it is easy and it's quite powerful for its size,

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Rightio

RightioMelbourne

So So results

Godfreys make this sound like the swiss army knife of hand vacuums with all the different tools for different situations but despite the good Hoover name, its cheaply made and the battery only runs for a few minutes now that its more than a year old.
It was good at first and relatively powerful but its not well made and I am surprised Hoover are OK with putting their name on this. It works but it has a short lifespan. Three stars and that's generous.

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Trent

TrentMelbourne

Good suction but low battery life

The unit is good for hard floor vacuuming, it has 2 suction settings, low and high. Low works for hard floor and I'm assuming it will make the units battery last longer. It seemed to last not much longer than 10-15 minutes on full, didn't suck much from my carpet rug.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Removes alot from carpets

Fantastic but have found the power head stops working often, have cleaned the power head brush and still continues to work randomly. Will be calling Godfreys tomorrow to find out if it's faulty as its very frustrating.
I'm hoping that this issue gets sorted out promptly espically due to the cost of the unit it's dussapointing.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Battery

Happy with the performance, very light and quiet, but battery life only last for over 8 months, bring back to Godfreys
give me a new battery, 2 weeks later back again new battery only last for 5 minutes supposed to last for at least 20 minutes. They give me a new one again but I don't know how long it will last...cost of new battery $90.00

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Eduard

EduardMelbourne

Dirty girl

After researching many products on the market I decided that the Hoover stick pro was at the time good money for value. However after using this device over three months we noticed that the suction Decreased also leaving a deposit of dirt from the suction head once turned off.
I then called Godfreys to explain that the unit was faulty but was informed that it is possibly blocked, after a further inspection of the unit I found where the blockage was building up. After a procedure of unblocking the stem or stick the unit was back as original.
I'm not too sure how many people are able to unblock the vacuum cleaner therefore it could be a design fault.
So this girl gets dirty sometimes.

Date PurchasedDec 2016