Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Hoover Dual Steam Plus

3.6

John ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best steam mop I've ever used.

After having the euro monster for a few years which I was happy with until the cord caught fire.
Purchased this mop from godfreys.
It does everything as promised. The cord I'd definitely long enough to do a room at a time. The attachments are a bonus. Great product that actually has been built tough.

Purchased in June 2020 for A$269.00.

Gary S.

Gary S.Perth, WA

Iam extremely happy with my new steam mop.

This steam mop is extremely light weight and the its very easy to use , very light weight works well .
So easy to use even my kids can do it.
Would recommend great price also.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for A$250.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Gary S.

Gary S.Perth, WA

Great and powerful steam mop

Best steam mop I have used great machine very easy to use , very light weight works well .
So easy to use even my kids can do it.
Would recommend great price also.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for A$250.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Tony

Tony

overpriced ,I have had cheaper stream mops do a much better job.

The only good part about the stream mop is you dont have refill the tank with water very often, does leave the floors dry but does not clean them, I have found the cheaper stream mops do a better job,

Purchased in March 2019.

Floor Type Tiles

Float ball goes rusty and accused of using detergent

Steam mop still under warranty. Stopped working. Found floating ball in water tank corroded and blocked water supply. Unable to empty tank fully due to the construction. Water is alway left in tank so ball had to corrode. Godfreys accuse me of using detergent. I hadnt. Not impressed.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Noosaville.

SuzanaGippsland, VIC

Overpriced and awkward

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$279.00.

HI Hoover Team
Yes I'm happy for you to pass this onto your product team

Jafrin S.

Jafrin S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It works really great

Purchased for steam cleaning wooden floor and tiles floor. It’s easy to use and works really good. It has seperate tool to steam clean couch and cloths or car seat which is really helpful

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for A$269.00.

JohannesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Over engineered for its purpose.

Have owned it for about two years. Gets used once fortnight. Cord is too short. Detergent tank is not a positive fit, plastic tangs have bent back so can’t push in correctly held on only by feed tube. Cracks on bottom from normal use. Cleaning pads shrink, Velcro fades, have to buy new ones too frequently. Unit is trying to be too much, portable, floor etc. very over engineered and almost completely made from plastic. Carpet glider prong broke so now useless. For the money it is not good value.
I still have the original Kenwood steam mop at my other house, still going strong after 20 years, this one will likely be junked this year.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys for A$225.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Johannes

Thanks for the reply but I will be spending my money on a better product rather than expensive repairs.

Jilong Zhang

Jilong ZhangGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Does it's job

Floor takes a while to dry off, but I do like the fact that detergents are not essential.
Safe on vinyl if you don't leave the device on its own for too long.
Would also be nice if the cable was retractable. I find myself needing to snake it around my free hand when navigating my kitchen so I don't trip. Be prepared the clean the pad after every use.
I paid $229 at Godfrey's and hopped onto Afterpay to split the cost over 4 installments. Still left me feeling that the price was a bit steep!

Purchased in August 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$229.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles

Lynette

LynetteMid North Coast, NSW

Disappointed in product

Pads are inferior quality with velcro causing pads to fall off after
a few months use. Replacement pads at $20 a pair which are the
same quality render the mop unusable.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$288.00.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles
Andrew

AndrewPerth, WA

Bloody sexest

Handle is way too short for a man. Cleaning should not be only for women. Should be adjustable. Having to bend over too far to get the right angle to use. That said functions fine and cleans and drys well. Perfect for dogs in the house which is why I bought it. So much quicker than getting the mop and bucket out. Need 4 pads to do average house well and 2 tanks of water to complete the job. But please, longer handle and longer cord, say 10 metres.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$249.00.

Floor Type Linoleum
Michelle A.

Michelle A.South East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic, does a great job every time.

Makes cleaning my porcelain tiles a breeze! They are left dry and steak free with minimal effort. Light yet sturdy design. I was seriously going to replace my tiles prior to buying ths mop. Key to success is to make sure you replace the pads before they get too damp. Only downfall is cord length at 6 metres it's a bit short but this is a minor issue as for the average sized home this is ok size. Need to buy spare pads as two is not enough.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for A$249.00.

Photo_mum

Photo_mumSouth East Queensland, QLD

I love it

I have only used it for the first time today and I am really happy with it. It leaves the floors really clean. The grout cleaner brings the grout up like new. I would buy it just for that alone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for A$220.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Kesa

KesaIllawarra, NSW

Like it

having to refill the detergent and water tank so often is a pain!!! My sons girlfriend borrows it every weekend has a huge timber floor board area no streaks. So yes we really like it, will be buying them one for xmas. The mop pads are very disappointing though, the velcro does not last very long, so the pad just falls off all the time. Looking at replacing those velcro strips myself as its to expensive $25.00 a pair or $20.00 on E bay.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

It has a couple of short falls but nothing that really distracts from the 5 stars

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Be wise

I have had this for a few months. In that time the head has been replaced 3 times. The detergent tank kept falling out and the steam wasn't that good. Now with this current one the steam is not very good and the floor is left wetter than it should be. If I use the detergent switch ten the steam is a lot better. Each head has been different. The other ting that happens is the pads seem to shrink after a few uses and the little brush for cleaning the grout lasted about 5 minutes before it totally melted.
The cleaner is very easy to use which is why I bought it but I definitely wouldn't buy another one.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Face

Face

Hoover Dual Plus Carpet Cleaner a DUD

I only got to use this once and then it blew up- smoke everywhere and a greasy mess all over my floor. Don't waste your money on this. I used to think that Hoover made great products but after this experience, I will never buy their products again! Thank goodness I still had a warranty on this and could get something else. The phrase "Buyer Beware" is so true. I would be interested in knowing if Hoover is now manufacturing off-shore and now their product quality has reduced. Such a shame for a brand to go down the drain when clearly they are now producing garbage!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Emma Shuttleworth

Emma ShuttleworthQuakers Hill

Money well spent

This is a great purchase works well to clean my tiles , multiple heads for change of cleaning types plus can clean grout & shower with steam
Defiantly money well spent the only downside is the replaceable heads that come of & on the Velcro fades after a few washes

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Foxy La Rue

Foxy La RueMelbourne

A good clean with a few niggles

Date PurchasedMay 2017
johnearth

johnearthAU

Easy to use

I brought after looking around and found a place that could demo it. Easy to use, but the power cord could be 2 meters longer. The water bottle is small and the hole to refill is too small. I have a large area and need to fill twice. Happy with the clean floor and washable pads, 2 year warranty.

Jody

Jodyasked

My Hoover Dual Steam Mop is so wet! It leaves water marks ALL over my floor. It now takes me double the time to do my floors, as the first go is with the mop, the second with a towel to dry the excess water?! I too feel like this is a very overpriced standard mop.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to hold the trigger constantly? Can I adjust the amount of "steam" /water being delivered out of the mop? Or does this sound like a problem with the appliance, do you suggest I need to return my mop?

John Z

Mines not doing that but I do like to do my floors with the central heating on so that it dries quicker. Try wash the pads a few times and make them softer. If that doesn't work I'd take it back.

Hi Jody,
You will only need to hold the trigger whilst pushing forward and let go when you pull back, it is also recommended to change the pads for each section of the house, eg. kitchen/dining, lounge, bathrooms, bedrooms.

Muffit

Muffitasked

Why can't you use a extension cord

Hi,
If and extension cord is used with the machine and a fault occurs from this, the machine may not be covered under warranty as it is not a manufacturing fault.

Linda T.

What detergent can I use for the dual hover.

What detergent is best

David B

David Basked

where can I buy accessories for my Hoover Dual Steam Plus - Model No. 3631. In particular, I would like to get hold of a couple of "Grout Brushes" as, after an hour or so of use, the bristles on mine were bent over, some falling out and the brush therefore quite useless. Initial use seemed to give a great result and it seems a shame that this feature of the unit should fail. I'd like to try again if I could find the accessories.

Hi David,
Replacement brushes can be purchased through Godfreys stores or over the phone by calling 1300 360 845.
The brushes come in a set of 4 for $29.95.
Please keep in mind that the brushes are there for agitation don't use too much pressure, let the steam do most of the work.
The Hoover Team

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives