Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Fantastic, does a great job every time.

Makes cleaning my porcelain tiles a breeze! They are left dry and steak free with minimal effort. Light yet sturdy design. I was seriously going to replace my tiles prior to buying ths mop. Key to success is to make sure you replace the pads before they get too damp. Only downfall is cord length at 6 metres it's a bit short but this is a minor issue as for the average sized home this is ok size. Need to buy spare pads as two is not enough.

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for $249.00.

Floor Type Tiles

I love it

I have only used it for the first time today and I am really happy with it. It leaves the floors really clean. The grout cleaner brings the grout up like new. I would buy it just for that alone.

Purchased in April 2019 at Godfreys for $220.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Like it

having to refill the detergent and water tank so often is a pain!!! My sons girlfriend borrows it every weekend has a huge timber floor board area no streaks. So yes we really like it, will be buying them one for xmas. The mop pads are very disappointing though, the velcro does not last very long, so the pad just falls off all the time. Looking at replacing those velcro strips myself as its to expensive $25.00 a pair or $20.00 on E bay.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

It has a couple of short falls but nothing that really distracts from the 5 stars

Age 50 and have my first new house... so excited I wanted everything to always look as clean as the day we moved in. Sadly there is loads of construction still happening all around me and my house is constantly dirty! I struggled getting my dark floor tiles to look clean. Everything I did left steaks and I was beside myself . Passing godfreys I saw a 99 special on something and the sales guy suggested I try this model instead . No I said I can’t afford that with a new house... he demonstrates it and tried selling it to me on al the additional attachemrnfs and I said I don’t care about attachments I just don’t want streaky tiles .. sales guy then says , look buy it take it home and if in 10 days you don’t like it I will refund ... how could I argue with that ...I took it home and used it and cried. It was perfect ... no streaks and my floors looked clean ....
Now... in saying that. You need to ensure you change mop heads to ensure you are not passing on dirt build up. I found I had to purchase 2 more mop heads at $20 for the 2. The handle where you wind the cord around Was sitting the wrong way so the cord would not stay. The top one ended up breaking off so I took to godfreys who sent to Hoover and in 10’days I had my mop back with the handle replaced facing the right way ... longest 10 days of my life with having to mop floors old
Fashioned way and have steaks ....
I don’t find refilling the tank too big an issue as I clean my house in sections due to my health no longer supporting a full attack in one go at house cleaning .
Cord length is an issue but the cord wrap handles would need to be bigger if you were to wrap more
Cord around them making storage potentially a challenge . I have recommended this mop to 2 friends who have gone out and bought one and are also super happy ....

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Be wise

I have had this for a few months. In that time the head has been replaced 3 times. The detergent tank kept falling out and the steam wasn't that good. Now with this current one the steam is not very good and the floor is left wetter than it should be. If I use the detergent switch ten the steam is a lot better. Each head has been different. The other ting that happens is the pads seem to shrink after a few uses and the little brush for cleaning the grout lasted about 5 minutes before it totally melted.
The cleaner is very easy to use which is why I bought it but I definitely wouldn't buy another one.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Hoover Dual Plus Carpet Cleaner a DUD

I only got to use this once and then it blew up- smoke everywhere and a greasy mess all over my floor. Don't waste your money on this. I used to think that Hoover made great products but after this experience, I will never buy their products again! Thank goodness I still had a warranty on this and could get something else. The phrase "Buyer Beware" is so true. I would be interested in knowing if Hoover is now manufacturing off-shore and now their product quality has reduced. Such a shame for a brand to go down the drain when clearly they are now producing garbage!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Money well spent

This is a great purchase works well to clean my tiles , multiple heads for change of cleaning types plus can clean grout & shower with steam
Defiantly money well spent the only downside is the replaceable heads that come of & on the Velcro fades after a few washes

Date PurchasedJun 2017

A good clean with a few niggles

Been using the mop for a few months and still happy with my purchase. The unit itself is light and easy to manoeuvre, the low profile slides under the TV unit, and the triangular head makes corners easy work. There is no adjustment for steam output, but with our tiled and veneer flooring this is no major issue. The mop produces copious amounts of steam, great for lifting caked on grime in the kitchen. There is even a small brush at the heel of the mop for extra elbow grease. That much steam does leave streaks however. It's not so visible on the veneer, but obvious on the tiles.
Other tiny niggles are the small water tank and short power cord. I go through two tanks for a small-ish house, which I'm lucky to have an abundance of power points in. These don't detract from the quality of the clean. I have yet to attempt hand held steamer mode, and will try to update when I do. Overall, the mop lifts food and grease quickly and easily, making the whole house a 20 min job.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Easy to use

I brought after looking around and found a place that could demo it. Easy to use, but the power cord could be 2 meters longer. The water bottle is small and the hole to refill is too small. I have a large area and need to fill twice. Happy with the clean floor and washable pads, 2 year warranty.