Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Listing monitored by Hoover

Pros

• Cleans floors effectively

• Multi-purpose brush heads

• Can add detergent

Cons

• Mop pads easily fall off

• Short cord

• Short handle

Melissa Williams
Melissa WilliamsSydney, NSW

Great product

My floors are noticeably cleaner since using this. It is easy to use. I use Bondi Wash floor cleaner in mine diluted 1:10 and it works brilliantly - and leaves the house smelling beautiful.

Purchased in March 2021 at Godfreys for $279.00.

Godfrey G.Hoover

Useless for the amount of money I paid for it!

The pads barely lasted and will now not stay in. No point in getting new ones that are the same, so don’t use the mop. Rest of machine ok.
Suggestion please?

Blushy
Blushy

do not bother if you want things clean

Purchased in March 2021.

Scam warranty trap

I've just bought it 2 days ago and have read the instruction booklet cover to cover and it clearly states in 3 different sections that if you use non Hoover detergent the warranty is instantly null and void. No where does it say what IS approved and hoover dont even make a detergent but most other brands do. Very poor form Hoover

Purchased in December 2020 at Godfreys.

Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Dual Steam Plus compares to other Steam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners

Cass
Cass

Leaves a film on the floor

I bought this steam mop less than two weeks ago because a customer in the shop recommended it as the sales guy was showing me. I have cleaned the pads, used the mop as I was told and it still leaves a film all the floor that I can write my name in. Very disappointed that I paid around $250 for a fancy mop that does worse than my mop and bucket

Purchased in October 2020 at Godfreys for $240.00.

Love my new steam mop

Love my new steam mop bought today after my trusty old one blew up after many years. It just glides along. However it refers to manufacture recommended detergents but I can’t find what these are? Can’t wait to try this feature too...

Purchased in November 2020.

Floor Type Linoleum and Tiles
Amanda
AmandaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Perfect for streak free floors

Bought this steamer as I have glossy black tiles that are susceptible to water stains and streaking. The steamer cleans them beautifully!!! The multiple steam jets help distribute the moister evenly. Very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in November 2020 at Godfreys.

Godfrey G.Hoover

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Not suitable for polished wood floors??

Purchased in July 2020 at Godfreys.

Floor Type Wood
Robert G.
Robert G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Thought I did my research

Tank is small, not big enough to clean all of our ensuite, which is not very big. Drying on floor is what we expected, not overly wet, so to be fair we are content with that side of things. The cord is long enough and ample fittings including an attachable hose that you can use as an option. The fittings will connect with or without the hose. Steam is not that consistent, tends to die down and then pick up again quite often, which is a bit frustrating. Overall not very powerful for the price. Disappointed actually. Expected more from Hoover.

Purchased in September 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $279.00.

John ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best steam mop I've ever used.

After having the euro monster for a few years which I was happy with until the cord caught fire.
Purchased this mop from godfreys.
It does everything as promised. The cord I'd definitely long enough to do a room at a time. The attachments are a bonus. Great product that actually has been built tough.

Purchased in June 2020 for $269.00.

Gary S.
Gary S.Perth, WA

Iam extremely happy with my new steam mop.

This steam mop is extremely light weight and the its very easy to use , very light weight works well .
So easy to use even my kids can do it.
Would recommend great price also.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for $250.00.

Gary S.
Gary S.Perth, WA

Great and powerful steam mop

Best steam mop I have used great machine very easy to use , very light weight works well .
So easy to use even my kids can do it.
Would recommend great price also.

Purchased in May 2020 at Godfreys for $250.00.

Tony
Tony

overpriced ,I have had cheaper stream mops do a much better job.

The only good part about the stream mop is you dont have refill the tank with water very often, does leave the floors dry but does not clean them, I have found the cheaper stream mops do a better job,

Purchased in March 2019.

Float ball goes rusty and accused of using detergent

Steam mop still under warranty. Stopped working. Found floating ball in water tank corroded and blocked water supply. Unable to empty tank fully due to the construction. Water is alway left in tank so ball had to corrode. Godfreys accuse me of using detergent. I hadnt. Not impressed.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Noosaville.

SuzanaGippsland, VIC

Overpriced and awkward

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $279.00.

HI Hoover Team
Yes I'm happy for you to pass this onto your product team

Barbara
Barbaraasked

Hi I bought my hoover steam plus 3631 in Australia, I have moved to the Uk and I cannot buy any pads over here even through hoover uk does anyone sell them in the uk I desperately need more. I love my mop and I don’t want to buy a new one as I only bought it 3 years ago?
Many thanks
Barbara

Hi Barbara,
Unfortunately the stock from country to country does differ. If you are in need of mop pads, you may have to get someone from Australia to post it out to you as our website is Australia only.
Good luck with your search!

Jody
Jodyasked

My Hoover Dual Steam Mop is so wet! It leaves water marks ALL over my floor. It now takes me double the time to do my floors, as the first go is with the mop, the second with a towel to dry the excess water?! I too feel like this is a very overpriced standard mop.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to hold the trigger constantly? Can I adjust the amount of "steam" /water being delivered out of the mop? Or does this sound like a problem with the appliance, do you suggest I need to return my mop?

John Z

Mines not doing that but I do like to do my floors with the central heating on so that it dries quicker. Try wash the pads a few times and make them softer. If that doesn't work I'd take it back.

Hi Jody,
You will only need to hold the trigger whilst pushing forward and let go when you pull back, it is also recommended to change the pads for each section of the house, eg. kitchen/dining, lounge, bathrooms, bedrooms.

Muffit
Muffitasked

Why can't you use a extension cord

Hi,
If and extension cord is used with the machine and a fault occurs from this, the machine may not be covered under warranty as it is not a manufacturing fault.

Linda T.

What detergent can I use for the dual hover.

What detergent is best

See all Hoover Dual Steam Plus questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

Features

• Functions as an upright steam mop as well as a detachable handheld steamer
  • A dual tank system allows you to add detergent if you prefer - a feature not always available with steam mops. This separates water and detergent - so you can choose to add detergent on grittier surfaces, to complement the steam cleaning function.
  • Comes with 14 accessories, including various brush heads like a small round brush, a large round tool, metal round brush, a jet nozzle, window tool, grout brush, scraper and upholstery pad.
  • 25 steam holes in the mop head mean steam is evenly distributed across the mop head
  • Swivel head design and triangular head makes it easy to manoeuvre around furniture and carefully clean corners and edges.

Points of Praise

• This Hoover steam mop effectively cleaned floors, and was priced affordably.
  • Steam jets help distribute the steam evenly on the floor or other surfaces.
  • Durable yet lightweight, the Hoover Dual Steam Plus is easy to use around the house.
  • The multiple changeable heads were appreciated by reviewers.

Points to consider

• Some reviewers found that the handle was too short to be able to use comfortably without bending for prolonged periods.
  • The amount of time it takes you to mop your space may be increased by the following: frequently changing the mop pads, which become dirty easily, the relatively short 6m cord length - which requires unplugging then plugging into a closer socket, and the mop pads falling off, due to the Velcro easily unsticking from them.
CategorySteam Mops & Hard Floor Cleaners