Hoover Dual Steam Plus

Hoover Dual Steam Plus Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Jody

Jodyasked

My Hoover Dual Steam Mop is so wet! It leaves water marks ALL over my floor. It now takes me double the time to do my floors, as the first go is with the mop, the second with a towel to dry the excess water?! I too feel like this is a very overpriced standard mop.
What am I doing wrong? Do I have to hold the trigger constantly? Can I adjust the amount of "steam" /water being delivered out of the mop? Or does this sound like a problem with the appliance, do you suggest I need to return my mop?

John Z
John Z

Mines not doing that but I do like to do my floors with the central heating on so that it dries quicker. Try wash the pads a few times and make them softer. If that doesn't work I'd take it back.

Hi Jody,
You will only need to hold the trigger whilst pushing forward and let go when you pull back, it is also recommended to change the pads for each section of the house, eg. kitchen/dining, lounge, bathrooms, bedrooms.

Muffit

Muffitasked

Why can't you use a extension cord

Hi,
If and extension cord is used with the machine and a fault occurs from this, the machine may not be covered under warranty as it is not a manufacturing fault.

Linda T.

What detergent can I use for the dual hover.

What detergent is best

David B

David Basked

where can I buy accessories for my Hoover Dual Steam Plus - Model No. 3631. In particular, I would like to get hold of a couple of "Grout Brushes" as, after an hour or so of use, the bristles on mine were bent over, some falling out and the brush therefore quite useless. Initial use seemed to give a great result and it seems a shame that this feature of the unit should fail. I'd like to try again if I could find the accessories.

Hi David,
Replacement brushes can be purchased through Godfreys stores or over the phone by calling 1300 360 845.
The brushes come in a set of 4 for $29.95.
Please keep in mind that the brushes are there for agitation don't use too much pressure, let the steam do most of the work.

Jill

Jillasked

Waht is the best way to clean an oven with this

Hi Jill,

Have a look on the link below, it shows you a video on how you can use the machine.

Yvonne Smithasked

I have a Hoover dual steam mop plus why can’t I use an extension cord with it?

Hi Yvonne,
It is not recommended to use an extension cord, if any fault occurs with the extension cord and it damages the machine it will not be covered under warranty.

Ok thank you !

Lynette

Lynetteasked

Pads are hopeless the velcro comes unstuck which makes the steam
cleaner useless. Who wants to buy new pads after a couple of months
of use at $20 for 2 pads?

Margaret

Margaretasked

Where to buy a replacement grout cleaning brush for Hoover dual steam plus in Melbourne or on line?

Deb

Debasked

Do I have to use special detergent or can I use other detergent

Lauren S

Lauren Sasked

I found that when using the extra attachments (particularly the grout one), the system suddenly becomes extremely loud! Like, ears ringing loud from the pressure of the steam. Is this normal? It doesnt happen when cleaning the floors

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives