Hoover Heritage 5210

MPN: H14120050
Listing monitored by Hoover

3.6
  • Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (2)
  • Battery Life

BAD VACUUM. BAD SUCTION. NO POWER

It doesn’t vacuum the floor properly. I need to vacuum a few times before it starts working. I need to keep recharging it too. It’s pretty much the worse vacuum I’ve ever had. I can’t believe my friend bought it for me as this is so unreliable. I will never so Hoover, so should you!!!! I’m happy to provide more details!!!

Purchased for $250.00.

T-LeeB
T-LeeBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient

Used on tile and carpet surface, and it is sufficiently effective on both. However we have a cat and long hair in the family, so it is mainly used on tiles.

The roller head is great - fast and suction is good. The dust catcher does fill up quickly, but we live close to the water and our doors are always open and we catch alot of dust etc, so it's not out of the ordinary to empty this little beauty after each use.

This is an old Hoover now and it still works perfectly 5 years later.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Tony
TonySydney, NSW

Good price and solid performance but you also get what you pay for....

Got this a couple of years ago and it has been a solid performer but with a few niggles. It is good on my timber and carpet floors but on carpet it can clog up a bit forcing the need to stuff fingers into the piping of the head to remove fluff. Cleaning out and emptying is a bit annoying and fiddly and the filter needs regular brushing out. The batter is not li. This is its biggest problem. I have looked after the battery carefully but it is starting to lose charge now and is not as long lasting or strong as it was. Something with auto off on charging would be better. For my first attempt at a cordless stick i must admit it has done pretty good for a $199 unit. I doubt you would be disappointed provided you accept its limitations.

Purchased in April 2017 at Godfreys for $199.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Laurenlola
LaurenlolaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for the price if you clean it out well

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for $99.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Heritage 5210 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Jill M
Jill MPeel, WA

Terrific all-rounder

This vacuum is so well designed and is beautiful to use - so easy to vacuum tiny spaces like bathrooms and behind couches. Goes easily from timber to tile to carpet, it fits back onto the dock easily. Very well thought out in all aspects. I rarely have to drag out the Dyson barrel anymore - I can whip around with my Hoover Stick in no time and vacuuming is actually now quite enjoyable. Never thought I'd say that!!

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys for $89.00.

Pet OwnerYes
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Margaret
Margaretasked

My Hoover 5210 vacuum cleaner
S dust cannister is jammed cannot open

Hi Margaret,
We are sorry to hear that the dust cannister is jammed.
We would recommend taking this into your nearest Godfreys store for further assistance by the staff.

Nala Nasked

can the filter in the canister be washed. Just purchased a new filter for my Heritage. Old was cardboard fibre, this seems plastic.

Hi Nala,
We do not recommend to wash the filter only dust off/tap out.
It is recommended to replace the filter every 6-9 months depending on use.

Nala N

thank you for your prompt reply. Can you tell me the material used in the filter? plastic paper?

Hi Nala,
The filter for this machine is a HEPA filter, the inner part is made up of borosilicate fibers and the outer edge is plastic.

Greg H.
Greg H.asked

Battery replacement: Ours has been great. Had for a few years now. After being on charge for long period, it only works for a few minutes and cuts out. Presume its the battery's use by date has expired.

Peter338
Peter338

Being a long-time owner of the excellent 5210, I cant really comment on the battery other than suggest to let the battery go really really flat, then charge it and see what happens.

I was also going to suggest that you got your money's worth (you get what you pay for) and buy a new one for $90 from Godfreys, only to find out theyre now selling at $199! Or $188 plus $9 delivery on ebay!

Decisions decisions decisions is all I can say.

Hi Greg,
Unfortunately replacement batteries for this machine are not sold separately, the come as part of the handvac assembly.
The handvac assembly is available for $99.95 through your nearest Godfreys store or over the phone with us by calling 1300 360 845.

See all Hoover Heritage 5210 questions

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners