Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

2.7

JohnnyDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of garbage lost suction after about 4 uses

I'm getting a little tired of these products which presumably come from China and are not made to what we used to call reliable standard in the western world. 4 uses and the suction was fine. Then it got extremely weak, and cleaning out the filter didn't help at all. I understand it is at the low end of the price range, but you tend to hope for at least a couple of years' use of things you buy, not a couple of months.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$130.00.

Product is used Monthly
Floor Type Carpet
Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Design issues

I purchased this vac a little over 2 weeks ago so it is early days. So far, it has done a good job on my very old carpet and hard floors, but I have issues with the design. The "handle" is too low, the hot air blowing upwards is very annoying and, as a right-handed person (like most people), I don't understand why the power button is not on the inside instead of the outside of the barrel.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$199.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Shrijana

ShrijanaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vacuum

Used for over a month- giving a good result
Noise less. Strong suction power. Easy to store because of its small size. Nice colour.
Hope it stays same for forever

Purchased at Godfreys for A$200.00.

Product is used Weekly
Floor Type Carpet

Angela Burdett-coutts

Angela Burdett-couttsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely worst vacuum ever!!!! If I could would rate it -5 stars

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is used Daily

KarenPerth, WA

I was Sold a dud!

I was sold this vac at godfrey’s. I have a small house and no pets and this vac can’t cope with it’s job. I have to empty and clean it EVERY time I use it and it clogs EVERY time I use it. Worst vac I’ve ever wasted good money on! I’m extremely disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$199.00.

Floor Type Wood
Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great value

We have a home with several dogs and a cat on a farm. We have old linoleum and old carpet surfaces. My new Hoover Smart Vacuum has great suction and is easy to use. I was surprised how well it works while such a low price! Why spend more for things you don't need?

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$199.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
Tuesday U.

Tuesday U.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sold a dud by salesman

Was sold at Godfreys by salesman. I needed vacuum for big dusty house with lot of dog hair. I have to empty and clean everytime use. Major flaw no handle.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Tristan Evans

Tristan Evans

Great vacuum for the price

Great little vacuum for the price, light and mobile with a good strong hose. The bagless chamber is a little small but I've had no issues with my vacuum cleaner and it's good for the car or getting under beds.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfrey's for A$200.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Raymond

RaymondMount Morgan Queensland Australia

Hoover smart R1 bagged vacuum? Be smart Don't buy it

To date, this is the Worst vacuum cleaner I ever bought I am replacing bags when they are barely 20% full I have 3 dogs 1 large mixed breed 1 Chihuahua 1 Yorkshire terrier and suction is Bad, full suction is barely half of an old Volta I had for years. It takes far longer to clean house and now the wife has started Dialysis has a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and waiting for another Shoulder and Knee replacement so is unable to much so I am to Clean house, Washing etc look after gardens, Mow the Yard and do Renovations on top of it all. I'm on disability So I need things to work properly though unfortunately not the Hoover Smart R1 Bagged Vacuum cleaner I'll never buy another Hoover

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jay

Jay

Went to Godfreys to purchase a vacuum cleaner within the under $100 budget. The staff recommended Hoover Smart. It worked well for the first month. After that there seems to be some problem with the suction.

Editing my review, after the suction stopped working, I opened the machine and removed all the dirt.
I reckon something was stuck. Working well again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys.

Floor Type Tiles

travelmate37Sydney, NSW

Time will tell

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I love it

Best vacuum ever, had to turn it down as it sucked too hard. 6 yrs old so far and gets used daily.
Only needs to be cleaned out once a fortnight.

I think the people who complain it fills up before they complete the job might need to consider using it more often or making less mess. Seriously if the thing is full that's a lot of dust to have on your floor before deciding to clean up..

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Lil K

Lil KBallarat

Compact

Handy compact vac for a small home or unit. Not suited to a huge house. Had for 4 weeks now, suction very good so far. Portable and light but doesn’t like to follow and tips very easy. If patient and take time this will not occur. Overall good value for money.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Mandy

MandyMittagong

Great robust vacuum

No objective given for this great vacuum. Lightweight, easy to store and very impressed with the suction. Happy also with the costing and with 2 year guarantee. Highly recommended for houses.... its a great unit. Have no problems with tipping over...easy to clean including the filter not worried about doing it. Mx

Date PurchasedJul 2018
malcolm

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it sucks

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Boo

Boo

High maintainance filters

Just purchased this vac and happy with the performance and easy to use but wish I had known the filters need cleaning after each use, the sales person did not mention that, our old vacuum was a dyson that only needed filters to be washed periodically, power lead could be longer too

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Liam J

Liam JSydney

Cheap vacuum, but doesn't last.

This vacuum is great for small homeowners who don't want to spend large amounts on vacuums. However, I don't think it is suited for large homes. It is annoying having to walk around unplugging and plugging back in again. The vacuum also loses suction after a while. Otherwise, it is a good vacuum.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Steph

StephPerth

Great vacuum

Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it works extremely well. It sucks up all of our dogs hair that our previous vacuum cleaner couldn't deal with. It's quite loud, but what can you expect from a vacuum. Our house is reasonably big and the Hoover, deals with it well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
RGC

RGCadelaide

Good Vacuum cleaner

This is a well priced vacuum cleaner which I have found to be quite suitable for all domestic cleaning activities. It has plenty of suction and performs well on all surfaces. It is fairly light to move around the house and comes with plenty of attachments for all of the different cleaning jobs required.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KD

KD

Good Vacuum Cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys and have been reasonably satisfied with the performance of this vacuum cleaner. It has powerful suction and works equally well on carpet as well as on timber or tiles. What is missing is a handle which sometimes makes the navigation of the unit little bothersome. Replacement bags are readily available at Godfreys too.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Cathy A.

Cathy A.asked

My parents have a Hoover All Rounder T4012. They didnt know about the filters and collection chamber in the main barrel. Long story, short - I discovered this and emptied it and cleaned the grey sponge filter. They dont have the manual. I need to know how to put it back together properly. Thanks

Ronnie A.

Ronnie A.asked

The red light keeps flickering on when vacuuming and the motoring very hot.

travelmate37

Without knowing how long you've had the unit, I would suggest cleaning the filter pad near the motor unit. If it becomes blocked, the engine will overheat and can surge (power). Also ensure the main chamber is empty and clean.

Julieasked

How do I get the plastic cone out?

Doesn't Suck
Doesn't Suck

If it is the one inside where the dust/dirt goes, you rotate the cone and pull it out. It does run up against the grey sponge filter. Make sure you keep that dust free also. If you wash the grey sponge make sure it is dry before it you put it back in. Hope this help!

Julie

Thank you sooooo much! : ))) A "friend" sold it to me (without the instruction manual) and worked OK for a while but ended up not sucking up a thing. All I had been doing was emptying the basic part and wondered why not much stuff came out. I had no idea about that cone thing, and when I read of it, I wasn't game to get it out in case it broke. I got it out and was gob-smacked by the amount of dust/fluff that was embedded into it! Can't wait to try it when the grey sponge is dry by tomorrow I hope. BTW There's another thing that looks like a filter with white fabric looking stuff, behind a black plastic frame thingy. Do I need to clean this too? If so, how do I get it out?

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives