Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012 (page 3 of 4)

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (7)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (5)

Worst vacuum I have ever brought

There is no auction in this 6 month old vacuum. In our 4 bed house with only bedrooms being carpeted and the rest are floating floors, I have to empty the filter and catcher four times and even then I have to use the nozzle directly to pick up fluff and hair off the floor.
Worst thing I have ever brought and was strongly encouraged by godfreys to buy this one.

Dani

Dani

Wish I never bought it

Was talked into this by godfreys after my last vacuum stopped working. It has very average suction, and struggles to pick up pet hair from carpet and furniture. The cord is quite short meaning i have to unplug to reach different areas of my house. Bag size is also very small. regret buying this!

Hoover Smart is a terrible hoover

No suction. It will not pick up anything. My home looks worse after hoovering. Full of dust. Short lead. Do not buy this hoover, it is a health hazard. Have tried to complain, Hoover just do not care. So noisy. I would rather have old hoover back which was 10 years old.

Regret buying this machine

Ross

Rossmelbourne

Always blocked and looses suction

The hose has a wire running up inside that means it always gets blocked. Air escapes out of the telescopic handle meaning a loss of suction resulting in it not even being able to suck up small bits of paper, wrapping and fluff. It also has long hard plastic parts to the hose that make it difficult to release the obstruction. All in all making it the worst and most expensive vacuum I have ever bought.

Worst vacuum cleaner I've ever had

This vacuum cleaner has minimal suction even when the filters are clean. I hate it so much! To clean the carpets I have to take off the metal hose and just put the cleaning head onto the flexible hose and then get on my hands and knees to vacuum the carpet! At 66 years old this is not fun! Luckily my main living area is tiles! Will be replacing when I can afford it.

Too complicated!

Great when you first use it, then it seems to stop working. There are three filters which you need to clean after every use, which when you get wet screws up the whole machine. We though after 3 months that it was the filters which stopped the sucking, but in an actual fact it is the curved plastic tube where the vent is. Dust, hair, and stones get clogged easily in it which causes the sucking to stop. So, when we used a hanger and put it down the tube, we pulled out big bundles of dust and hair. Don't go and spend $29 on a new filter without checking that first.

Tegan

Tegan

Amazing after 5+ years!

Most pathetic vacuum around

Minimal suction, have to empty out filter about 3 times each time I vacuum our tiny house. Have had to replace filter several times throughout the past year. Went into Godfreys Hoppers Crossing with a different product in mind and was very strongly recommended this one by the staff member. Worst buy I have ever made. What a piece of junk!

hate it

Greg

GregNortheast, VIC

Review one year on.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Mezzo

MezzoSydney

Hopeless. Avoid this product

Bought for my daughter a year ago so is a bit old. Am cleaning her house - 1st time I have used it. Absolutely hopeless. Yes Godfreys really pushed this product when I bought it.. Would have returned it if I had known but daughter too polite to tell me. Will not purchase from Godfreys again

Jenny

JennyMelbourne

Do not buy

Godfrey's in Parkdale really pushed the product and the description sounded good but it really does not clean the carpet well. I have to go over the same spot several times. It really just does a surface clean at best.

Hoover Smart Bagged

Recently purchased a bagged Hoover Smart, my complaint is that where the nozzle goes into the metal part there is no clip to hold it in and after using for a while it just slips out!!! Why no locking in device ?????? It would make things so much easier and quicker if i didn't have to keep stopping and pushing it back in !!

TenillePerth, WA

Needs regular cleaning but great suction

I have had this bagless vacuum for nearly 2 years and it still works perfectly. The filter does need regular cleaning and if you have pets you need to empty the cone at least once during use. It fills up quickly. But for a vacuum that still has great suction for such a small price, I am so impressed. I will definitely buy another one when the time comes.
Inexpensive, great suction, easy maneuverability
Needs very regular cleaning

Tenille

Just checking in a year later to say that the vacuum cleaner is still working just as well as ever!

joonya

joonyaPerth

Bagless version is junk

Please don't confuse this bagless machine with the bagged version of the Hoover Smart. The Bagless version is a shocker, requires constant cleaning, always blocks at the cone filter, HEPA filters always fill with dust, noisy, runs very hot and the hot air blows up at you as you vacuum....the bagged version is a solid machine for the price and has none of the same issues, was very happy I changed from the bagless to the bagged..
nothing good about the Bagless
blocks easily, maintainence is the big issue

tariq

tariqadelaide

good for the price

We didnt want to spend too much money on Dyson. Salesman recommended us mid range hoover bag vaccum cleaner with its turbo head. Its almost 2 years suction is still pretty good. Need to change the bag regularly as it could decrease the suction. I use the acessory for my car , does the decent job cleaning it. Turbo head is ok for cleaning but very hard to clean the turbo head as hair gets entangled in the roll brush, its a nightmare cleaning it.Original Hoover head is not worth it. the need to modify the design to have a handle for carryng it. Overall happy with it.
good for midrange cost vaccum cleaner. Does descent job
Turbo brush definitely needs modification in desgn as its a night mare to clean it. No handle for carrying.

Didn't last

It has very small capacity and like other reviewers I found the suction reduced despite cleaning and replacing the two filters. Apparently the dust gets into the motor and this is what wrecks them. If you are looking at this cleaner, I recommend you get the bag version, or like me, invest in a decent vacuum.
inexpensive, easy to store
lost suction, tiny capacity, flogged out after 18mths

Watervale

WatervaleMACQUARIE

This HOOVER Is a HOOTER

Hi. This little vacuum cleaner is a hooter. Initially I thought it was a pile of junk, you just have to get to know how to clean the insides, there are 3 things to clean. 1. empty contents, 2. remove dust from foam filters and 3. remove conical plastic filter that traps heavier dirt / debris. It took me ages to discover this third one. My bad. In fact, we live on a dirt road and this Hoover sucks up so much fine dust, compared to our last vac I didn't realise how inefficient the other one was. Just have to clean foam filters more often.
Strong motor. Light. Cheap
Needs regular cleaning / emptying.

pking
pking

Waste of money!

kattis.kablamski
kattis.kablamski

I found that where the hose goes into the vacuunm where the little clips things are air and hence suction escapes there apart from all of the other problems = (