Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012 (page 4 of 4)

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (7)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (4) · No (5)
Jasmine

Jasmine

Hmm, Was good to start off with.

I got this vacuum about 8 months ago. At first it was really good the suction was great. But after a few months the suction became less and less powerful. I have cleaned it out several times, Going to see if I take it to godfreys and if they can service it or clean it out for me or something.

cat lover

cat loverAustralian Capital Territory

Good suction but build quality poor

Had issue with handle on dust container breaking. don't even touch it, its for cosmetics only. had it replaced under warranty. vacuum head not built to last, mechanism that joins the head to telescopic pole jams up inside and therefore it wont flex. was impressed to start with before all the issues.
Good suction
Dust container handle not built to last. vacuum head cheap quality.

Cant get parts

Seemed to go alright but lost cone filter fell out when empting dust box now told by godfreys that may not be able to get new one,cant use with out it, what a gib.whats the point of buying something that they cant service,i thought that was against the law.
good when going
cant get parts

avidinator

avidinatorGold Coast

Good Vac

I was "sold" this vac about 9 months ago by Godfreys. I did check the reviews after buying and I was really scared! But so far so good! The suction is great.It is light and compact! My problems with this machine are: loose handles, and noise! and recently the engine makes a funny noise it's like something is broken inside!!
Strong suction, light, easy move around and change bags
Noise, loose handles

krisztian

krisztianmelbourne

compact, great suction

Like every bagless vac it needs maintenence. If you are a clean person it will be the right machine for you for a low price. If you dont like to clean your vacuum buy the one with bag. In my family we have both (I like the bagless so i have that my mum uses the baged one) and any of us really happy with it. If we need any help we just go to the store where we bouth from and they always really happy to help.
small, strong, duble HEPA filter, easy to clean
The handle underneath tha machine is a bit small

SSandi

Do you work for Godfreys???

-B-

-B-AU

Not that bad?

I also was "sold" on htis one by a Godfreys store - and was pretty worried when I saw all of these negative reviews. However I have to disagree - haven't had a problem yet (6 months later) wit the bagless model. It has great suction, is compact. It .... vacuums ....? Sure it needs to be emptied often, but I can live with that.
Actually works
Needs to be cleaned after each use, and yes the handle isn't the most secure feeling.

SSandi

Do you work for Godfreys too??

No problems

So far, so good.. Cleans well, sucks hard.. Needs to be emptied after each vacuum as is a little small but just means is cleaned Regally ! But all in all has been a good vacuum to date. But probably wouldn't buy the same one again as was after a more powerful one for next time
Easy to clean
Well nothing as of yet, but after reading others reviews I'm kinda waiting for sum thing to go wrong now :/

tia kristan

tia kristansouth australia, 5114

From ok to just wish I'd never bothered !!!

shazz005
shazz005

Too right - it's awful.

Absolute Garbage

This is the worst vacuum cleaner in the history of vacuum cleaners. I feel complete ripped off. It simply doesn't work. It doesn't even pick up a spec of grit on the floor, you literally have to take the head off and put whatever you are trying to vaccum inside the tube. The only way it even picks up hair or dust bunnies is because the brushes on the head gather it up. You may as well just use a broom, which is what I have resorted to until I buy something that actually works.

It doesn't work.

SSandi

Yay - mine is awful too.

Horrible

Absolutley horrible!! Going to purshase a new Vacuum today after putting up with this rubbisg today. It is a great vacuum if you adore emptying out the filters after every use, having the wand pop out and hit you on your toes, and if you dont want suction. It doesnt do fluff too...i have had to resort to picking up the rubbish off the floor and putting it directly in the suction hole. Also, it has this little red light that is meant to alert to blockages (Ibelieve), well that little light stays on all the time...even when the power is turned down to half. Rubbish. Great for wasting money, that is all. (And I believe I am being nice here.) :)
The Colour

SSandi

Totally agree with your comments.

lesley_2308Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Hoover Smart Vacuum Cleaner

This product is absolute rubbish!!! Not only is it cheaply constructed but a real pain to use. I have 4 bedrooms to clean only and it constantly needs to have the filters cleaned out. The dust pan is only ever half full and there is no longer suction available due to the filters blocking up. I have even tried buying new filters and still after use on two bedrooms I'm back with no suction. Such a disappointment for $ 250. I will see how much longer I can tolerate it before resorting to a dyson.

Everything. Construction and poor suction.

SSandi

Mine hasn't died yet - sadly. I'll be dancing on it's grave if it does. I hate it.

tim99

tim99Sydney

Ok Small vacuum cleaner

Bought this 9 months ago, have a two bedroom + living-room/dinning-room apartment that's fully carpeted so need to empty the vacuum cleaner after each go.
After using it a few times the power dropped right out and I was going to bring it back, but decided to try cleaning out the filters first. Emptying it isn't enough you also need to take out three of the filters and clean them. Gets to be a bit of a headache as its not the easiest to clean and have to clean the filters every other time to maintain suction power. The vacuum does its job and as long as you don't mind the extra work to keep it going it'll save you on buying bags.
Keeps the floor clean
Not easy to clean, expensive

kjH

kjHAU

Who would of thought Hoover would make such a useless Hoover!?!

I had a Kambrook Jaguar that was a million times better than this & was half the price. I'm annoyed I allowed myself to be talked out of repairing it by the Godfrey salesman. I thought $250 would get me a good quality vacuum. I have a 2 year old, a long pile rug & this [censore] piece of equipment - very frustrating combination. I will never shop at Godfreys again. They must have vested interests in what they sell - or they never actually use a vacuum.

everything - don't waste your money. spend half the amount at target or kmart & get better quality/performance.

And another sad owner.

J. Martin

J. MartinGold Coast

Absolute rubbish

Used the 'Smart' Hoover for the first time today after the hard sell from Godfrey's (must have shares in the company. Wanted a Meile which was the best medium price vac according to Choice but they said it was rubbish and this was tops. Also talked into a Turbo head $25) and a Turbo Dust Filter attachment ($50) which doesn't even fit! Only way to pick up anything from my wool carpet (short pile) is to drag the vac one way only otherwise picks it up and then deposits it back onto carpet.

All the dust, poodle wool (not hair) etc gets caught in the brushes and stays there until manually removed

SSandi

Horrid thing. These stories are getting very similar.

Bella40

Bella40Adelaide

Don't bother even considering.

Vicki39

I agree, I also got SUCKED into buying one of these, its a shitbox. Not even 3 months old and the on/off switch will not stay on.

Purchased at Godfreys

SSandiAU

waste of money

Diane27
Diane27
Banjo1
Banjo1

Diane, if you put the handle in on a 45 degree angle and twist it into your prefffered position while you apply pressure downwards, i can assure you it will not come out, dont just put it in straight.
Easy laws of physics :) no more sore feet

SSandi

Thanks Banjo, didn't really help though. Fell out again and chipped a tile on the kitchen floor. Can you suggest anything for the litany of other issues? SSandi