Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (0)
johnno

johnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless, worst vacuum ever.

I bought this vacuum from Godfreys and can't believe they sell this product with a straight face. Hopeless, no suction on any surface, never will buy a hoover again, absolute trash.

JohnnyDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of garbage lost suction after about 4 uses

I'm getting a little tired of these products which presumably come from China and are not made to what we used to call reliable standard in the western world. 4 uses and the suction was fine. Then it got extremely weak, and cleaning out the filter didn't help at all. I understand it is at the low end of the price range, but you tend to hope for at least a couple of years' use of things you buy, not a couple of months.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $130.00.

Product is usedMonthly
Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeCarpet
Angela Burdett-coutts

Angela Burdett-couttsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely worst vacuum ever!!!! If I could would rate it -5 stars

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily
Pet OwnerYes

KarenPerth, WA

I was Sold a dud!

I was sold this vac at godfrey’s. I have a small house and no pets and this vac can’t cope with it’s job. I have to empty and clean it EVERY time I use it and it clogs EVERY time I use it. Worst vac I’ve ever wasted good money on! I’m extremely disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Noise Level
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Pet OwnerNo
Floor TypeWood
Raymond

RaymondMount Morgan Queensland Australia

Hoover smart R1 bagged vacuum? Be smart Don't buy it

To date, this is the Worst vacuum cleaner I ever bought I am replacing bags when they are barely 20% full I have 3 dogs 1 large mixed breed 1 Chihuahua 1 Yorkshire terrier and suction is Bad, full suction is barely half of an old Volta I had for years. It takes far longer to clean house and now the wife has started Dialysis has a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and waiting for another Shoulder and Knee replacement so is unable to much so I am to Clean house, Washing etc look after gardens, Mow the Yard and do Renovations on top of it all. I'm on disability So I need things to work properly though unfortunately not the Hoover Smart R1 Bagged Vacuum cleaner I'll never buy another Hoover

Date PurchasedApr 2018
malcolm

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it sucks

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Jtrain

JtrainAdelaide

Wouldnt give it away USELESS

This thing needs a disassemble & all filters & parts thoroughly cleaned for every use. Did the whole thorough clean of it yesterday, I then vacuumed the tiled floor for 5 mins & it wasnt picking anything up so i put my hand over end of pipe & on max there was zero suction. Should be recalled because its total junk. Had a bagged hoover once before that wasnt great, but this thing is pure garbage.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Deano

DeanoPerth, WA

Rubbish

Had this vacuum cleaner for 3 month. Absolutely bucket of rubbish. Does not pick up fluff, cotton or my girls hair from carpet. Really got conned by the salesman at Godfreys stating it was one of their best sellers!!!!!! What a joke.... Under any circumstances do not buy. Don't even accept if free it will do your head in.......

Date PurchasedMay 2016

I agree with all the other reviews, this cleaner does not pick up dust, I can see the dust

I fully agree with all the problems other customers have had with this machine, very disappointed with it, respectfully; Hoover you should not sell bagless cleaners if you know they don't do the job they are meant to do. I only have a small unit to vacuum; I would hate to try to clean a large house with it.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Worst vacuum ever

Everything said about this vacuum is true, does not pick up anything, tube constantly falls out, extension cord is very short. Its almost like you vacuum and then have to turn around and do it again. It picks up very little and its not like I even have carpet. All wood floors with one rug. Trying to complain to Godfreys is pointless...a generic response from their homepage and then your comment is deleted. Awful awful cleaner, do not buy this or anything from Godfreys.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Worst vacuum I have ever brought

There is no auction in this 6 month old vacuum. In our 4 bed house with only bedrooms being carpeted and the rest are floating floors, I have to empty the filter and catcher four times and even then I have to use the nozzle directly to pick up fluff and hair off the floor.
Worst thing I have ever brought and was strongly encouraged by godfreys to buy this one.

Dani

Dani

Wish I never bought it

Was talked into this by godfreys after my last vacuum stopped working. It has very average suction, and struggles to pick up pet hair from carpet and furniture. The cord is quite short meaning i have to unplug to reach different areas of my house. Bag size is also very small. regret buying this!

Hoover Smart is a terrible hoover

No suction. It will not pick up anything. My home looks worse after hoovering. Full of dust. Short lead. Do not buy this hoover, it is a health hazard. Have tried to complain, Hoover just do not care. So noisy. I would rather have old hoover back which was 10 years old.

Regret buying this machine

Ross

Rossmelbourne

Always blocked and looses suction

The hose has a wire running up inside that means it always gets blocked. Air escapes out of the telescopic handle meaning a loss of suction resulting in it not even being able to suck up small bits of paper, wrapping and fluff. It also has long hard plastic parts to the hose that make it difficult to release the obstruction. All in all making it the worst and most expensive vacuum I have ever bought.

Find out how Hoover Smart R1 T4012 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Worst vacuum cleaner I've ever had

This vacuum cleaner has minimal suction even when the filters are clean. I hate it so much! To clean the carpets I have to take off the metal hose and just put the cleaning head onto the flexible hose and then get on my hands and knees to vacuum the carpet! At 66 years old this is not fun! Luckily my main living area is tiles! Will be replacing when I can afford it.

Most pathetic vacuum around

Minimal suction, have to empty out filter about 3 times each time I vacuum our tiny house. Have had to replace filter several times throughout the past year. Went into Godfreys Hoppers Crossing with a different product in mind and was very strongly recommended this one by the staff member. Worst buy I have ever made. What a piece of junk!

hate it

Mezzo

MezzoSydney

Hopeless. Avoid this product

Bought for my daughter a year ago so is a bit old. Am cleaning her house - 1st time I have used it. Absolutely hopeless. Yes Godfreys really pushed this product when I bought it.. Would have returned it if I had known but daughter too polite to tell me. Will not purchase from Godfreys again

Jenny

JennyMelbourne

Do not buy

Godfrey's in Parkdale really pushed the product and the description sounded good but it really does not clean the carpet well. I have to go over the same spot several times. It really just does a surface clean at best.