Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (1)
Tuesday U.

Tuesday U.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sold a dud by salesman

Was sold at Godfreys by salesman. I needed vacuum for big dusty house with lot of dog hair. I have to empty and clean everytime use. Major flaw no handle.

Tristan Evans

Tristan Evans

Great vacuum for the price

Great little vacuum for the price, light and mobile with a good strong hose. The bagless chamber is a little small but I've had no issues with my vacuum cleaner and it's good for the car or getting under beds.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfrey's for $200.00.

Jay

Jay

Went to Godfreys to purchase a vacuum cleaner within the under $100 budget. The staff recommended Hoover Smart. It worked well for the first month. After that there seems to be some problem with the suction.

Editing my review, after the suction stopped working, I opened the machine and removed all the dirt.
I reckon something was stuck. Working well again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys.

Lil K

Lil KBallarat

Compact

Handy compact vac for a small home or unit. Not suited to a huge house. Had for 4 weeks now, suction very good so far. Portable and light but doesn’t like to follow and tips very easy. If patient and take time this will not occur. Overall good value for money.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Steph

StephPerth

Great vacuum

Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it works extremely well. It sucks up all of our dogs hair that our previous vacuum cleaner couldn't deal with. It's quite loud, but what can you expect from a vacuum. Our house is reasonably big and the Hoover, deals with it well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
RGC

RGCadelaide

Good Vacuum cleaner

This is a well priced vacuum cleaner which I have found to be quite suitable for all domestic cleaning activities. It has plenty of suction and performs well on all surfaces. It is fairly light to move around the house and comes with plenty of attachments for all of the different cleaning jobs required.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KD

KD

Good Vacuum Cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys and have been reasonably satisfied with the performance of this vacuum cleaner. It has powerful suction and works equally well on carpet as well as on timber or tiles. What is missing is a handle which sometimes makes the navigation of the unit little bothersome. Replacement bags are readily available at Godfreys too.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sonjalive

SonjaliveSouth East Queensland, QLD

good hoover

i do love my hoover. it has a turbo head which i higly recommend $50. its light ,handels rough treatment and cathairs. not as strong as the dearer vacums but quite addequate easy to grab. does great on all floors. if i dont win a better vacum i will get another hoover and turbo head

Date PurchasedJan 2012
val

valIngleburn

Its Good!

When I bought it I am about to return it because it has a bad review, but after using it for 6 months now, it is a good vacuum. Suction is very good comparable to dyson. It cleans very well, we use it on our living room, bed rooms and on my car, the results are nice, very clean and when I bought it is less than 300 bucks. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Muriel B

Muriel B

Hoovering along

The vaccum gets the job done,it is reasonably light,I wouldn't call any vacuum quiet, I have carpet through my two bedroom unit ,tiled floors in other areas.I was not happy with the suction head so took it back was charged another fifty dollars.That was from Godfrey's 18 months ago. It gets the job done

Date PurchasedJan 2016
SamC

SamCMelbourne

I'm quite happy with the performance of this vacuum. I think for the price, it does the job well. I have black carpet and can see everything on it. This vacuum cleans it up well and gets rid of short dog hairs too. I did have trouble at one point and thought I would have to replace it. However, after reading some reviews I realised that I hadn't cleaned it properly when pulling it apart and noticed that a piece of plastic I had vacuumed up was blocking a part of the suction. I now make sure that I empty it after each full house vacuum and pull it apart to make sure there aren't any blockages.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
giles

gilesIpswich

Quality Hoover at a cost of takeaway!!

If you need a functioning Hoover that has powerful suction and not noisy then try the Smart Hoover that has speedy wheels for quickness but yet compact with high suction. Decided to buy for the car because it was so small and cheap but now use it in the house as our old one that was very expensive was too heavy and the suction didn't appear to be so fantastic as this little speedy!!

Rubbish!!

We got this from Godfreys saying it was a rely good product, it has done the work but only after 2 year's the motor has burnt out and that was only using it for 18 of those 24 months ,using it once a week! I would not recommend this vacuum cleaner to any one, I thought that Hoover was suppose to be a top brand.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Too complicated!

Great when you first use it, then it seems to stop working. There are three filters which you need to clean after every use, which when you get wet screws up the whole machine. We though after 3 months that it was the filters which stopped the sucking, but in an actual fact it is the curved plastic tube where the vent is. Dust, hair, and stones get clogged easily in it which causes the sucking to stop. So, when we used a hanger and put it down the tube, we pulled out big bundles of dust and hair. Don't go and spend $29 on a new filter without checking that first.

Hoover Smart Bagged

Recently purchased a bagged Hoover Smart, my complaint is that where the nozzle goes into the metal part there is no clip to hold it in and after using for a while it just slips out!!! Why no locking in device ?????? It would make things so much easier and quicker if i didn't have to keep stopping and pushing it back in !!

TenillePerth, WA

Needs regular cleaning but great suction

I have had this bagless vacuum for nearly 2 years and it still works perfectly. The filter does need regular cleaning and if you have pets you need to empty the cone at least once during use. It fills up quickly. But for a vacuum that still has great suction for such a small price, I am so impressed. I will definitely buy another one when the time comes.
Inexpensive, great suction, easy maneuverability
Needs very regular cleaning

Tenille

Just checking in a year later to say that the vacuum cleaner is still working just as well as ever!

tariq

tariqadelaide

good for the price

We didnt want to spend too much money on Dyson. Salesman recommended us mid range hoover bag vaccum cleaner with its turbo head. Its almost 2 years suction is still pretty good. Need to change the bag regularly as it could decrease the suction. I use the acessory for my car , does the decent job cleaning it. Turbo head is ok for cleaning but very hard to clean the turbo head as hair gets entangled in the roll brush, its a nightmare cleaning it.Original Hoover head is not worth it. the need to modify the design to have a handle for carryng it. Overall happy with it.
good for midrange cost vaccum cleaner. Does descent job
Turbo brush definitely needs modification in desgn as its a night mare to clean it. No handle for carrying.

Cant get parts

Seemed to go alright but lost cone filter fell out when empting dust box now told by godfreys that may not be able to get new one,cant use with out it, what a gib.whats the point of buying something that they cant service,i thought that was against the law.
good when going
cant get parts

avidinator

avidinatorGold Coast

Good Vac

I was "sold" this vac about 9 months ago by Godfreys. I did check the reviews after buying and I was really scared! But so far so good! The suction is great.It is light and compact! My problems with this machine are: loose handles, and noise! and recently the engine makes a funny noise it's like something is broken inside!!
Strong suction, light, easy move around and change bags
Noise, loose handles

-B-

-B-AU

Not that bad?

I also was "sold" on htis one by a Godfreys store - and was pretty worried when I saw all of these negative reviews. However I have to disagree - haven't had a problem yet (6 months later) wit the bagless model. It has great suction, is compact. It .... vacuums ....? Sure it needs to be emptied often, but I can live with that.
Actually works
Needs to be cleaned after each use, and yes the handle isn't the most secure feeling.

SSandi
SSandi

Do you work for Godfreys too??