Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (2)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (1) · No (3)
Kris

KrisAdelaide

Best best best.

professional and pleasant customer service.
This is the best vacuum I have ever bought. Powerful suction, cleans well. This vacuum body is small but does a great work n because of its size it doesn’t take much scape at home to store.

Got free bags as a gift from store.

Purchased in March 2020 at Godfreys for $200.00.

Sri

SriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vacuum

Used for over a month- giving a good result
Noise less. Strong suction power. Easy to store because of its small size. Nice colour.
Hope it stays same for forever

Purchased at Godfreys for $200.00.

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great value

We have a home with several dogs and a cat on a farm. We have old linoleum and old carpet surfaces. My new Hoover Smart Vacuum has great suction and is easy to use. I was surprised how well it works while such a low price! Why spend more for things you don't need?

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Tuesday U.

Tuesday U.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sold a dud by salesman

Was sold at Godfreys by salesman. I needed vacuum for big dusty house with lot of dog hair. I have to empty and clean everytime use. Major flaw no handle.

I love it

Best vacuum ever, had to turn it down as it sucked too hard. 6 yrs old so far and gets used daily.
Only needs to be cleaned out once a fortnight.

I think the people who complain it fills up before they complete the job might need to consider using it more often or making less mess. Seriously if the thing is full that's a lot of dust to have on your floor before deciding to clean up..

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Mandy

MandyMittagong

Great robust vacuum

No objective given for this great vacuum. Lightweight, easy to store and very impressed with the suction. Happy also with the costing and with 2 year guarantee. Highly recommended for houses.... its a great unit. Have no problems with tipping over...easy to clean including the filter not worried about doing it. Mx

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Amzperth

AmzperthPerth

Best vacuum we’ve had

Our vacuum is about 3 years old now and has never skipped a beat. We have kids, cats, dogs and a whole lotta carpet (not out of choice) so it gets used often. All the attachments work well and the clip on the hose is handy. Really good value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Missy R

Missy R

A great little vacuum!

It's light and easy to manouvre. Very happy with it's capabilities, I use on carpet and wood floors and it does a great job. We have a lot of sand at our place and there is no issues with the vacuum sucking it up. Bags are great and easy to buy. I use it to clean the car all the time and the little tools are great. Only wish is that tools could be attached to the vacuum cleaner - as i always lose them!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jess

JessMargaret River

Love It

Perfect lightweight model and great for getting right into the carpet to get the dog hair and dirt/dust out! Absolutely love it! I use mine up to 3 times a week. Make sure you keep on top of keeping the filters clean! I wash mine with hot soapy water once a month to get a good clean.

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Mez

MezHunter Region, NSW

A great little cleaner

My old vacuum cleaner motor burned out, so I went to Godfrey at east maitland. They recommended the Hoover Smart, so I bought it. It's got great suction power, got heaps of grit and dust the old Dyson missed. It's bagless, which I prefer, I take the removable dust canister outside to empty, no problems. I much prefer it to my old one, half the price, and Hoover has been making vacuum cleaners for a very long time, so they should know how to build one. I'm very pleased I bought it and I phoned Godfreys to say thank you

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Cristian Serban

Cristian Serban

Great Product!

We have bought this vacuum 2 years ago from Godfreys .We wanted to get the Miele but the lady there convinced us to get this one instead, the price was similar but apparently that model of Miele vacuums were made in China so we went for the Hoover , and to be honest we do not regret it at all, it is a great Vacuum, suction is great and there are no problems with it!!

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Rubbish!!

We got this from Godfreys saying it was a rely good product, it has done the work but only after 2 year's the motor has burnt out and that was only using it for 18 of those 24 months ,using it once a week! I would not recommend this vacuum cleaner to any one, I thought that Hoover was suppose to be a top brand.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Too complicated!

Great when you first use it, then it seems to stop working. There are three filters which you need to clean after every use, which when you get wet screws up the whole machine. We though after 3 months that it was the filters which stopped the sucking, but in an actual fact it is the curved plastic tube where the vent is. Dust, hair, and stones get clogged easily in it which causes the sucking to stop. So, when we used a hanger and put it down the tube, we pulled out big bundles of dust and hair. Don't go and spend $29 on a new filter without checking that first.

Tegan

Tegan

Amazing after 5+ years!

Watervale

WatervaleMACQUARIE

This HOOVER Is a HOOTER

Hi. This little vacuum cleaner is a hooter. Initially I thought it was a pile of junk, you just have to get to know how to clean the insides, there are 3 things to clean. 1. empty contents, 2. remove dust from foam filters and 3. remove conical plastic filter that traps heavier dirt / debris. It took me ages to discover this third one. My bad. In fact, we live on a dirt road and this Hoover sucks up so much fine dust, compared to our last vac I didn't realise how inefficient the other one was. Just have to clean foam filters more often.
Strong motor. Light. Cheap
Needs regular cleaning / emptying.

pking
pking

Cant get parts

Seemed to go alright but lost cone filter fell out when empting dust box now told by godfreys that may not be able to get new one,cant use with out it, what a gib.whats the point of buying something that they cant service,i thought that was against the law.
good when going
cant get parts

krisztian

krisztianmelbourne

compact, great suction

Like every bagless vac it needs maintenence. If you are a clean person it will be the right machine for you for a low price. If you dont like to clean your vacuum buy the one with bag. In my family we have both (I like the bagless so i have that my mum uses the baged one) and any of us really happy with it. If we need any help we just go to the store where we bouth from and they always really happy to help.
small, strong, duble HEPA filter, easy to clean
The handle underneath tha machine is a bit small

SSandi

Do you work for Godfreys???

Bella40

Bella40Adelaide

Don't bother even considering.

Vicki39

I agree, I also got SUCKED into buying one of these, its a shitbox. Not even 3 months old and the on/off switch will not stay on.

Purchased at Godfreys

SSandiAU

waste of money

Diane27
Diane27
Banjo1
Banjo1

Diane, if you put the handle in on a 45 degree angle and twist it into your prefffered position while you apply pressure downwards, i can assure you it will not come out, dont just put it in straight.
Easy laws of physics :) no more sore feet

SSandi

Thanks Banjo, didn't really help though. Fell out again and chipped a tile on the kitchen floor. Can you suggest anything for the litany of other issues? SSandi