Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (1)
johnno

johnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless, worst vacuum ever.

I bought this vacuum from Godfreys and can't believe they sell this product with a straight face. Hopeless, no suction on any surface, never will buy a hoover again, absolute trash.

JohnnyDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of garbage lost suction after about 4 uses

I'm getting a little tired of these products which presumably come from China and are not made to what we used to call reliable standard in the western world. 4 uses and the suction was fine. Then it got extremely weak, and cleaning out the filter didn't help at all. I understand it is at the low end of the price range, but you tend to hope for at least a couple of years' use of things you buy, not a couple of months.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $130.00.

Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Design issues

I purchased this vac a little over 2 weeks ago so it is early days. So far, it has done a good job on my very old carpet and hard floors, but I have issues with the design. The "handle" is too low, the hot air blowing upwards is very annoying and, as a right-handed person (like most people), I don't understand why the power button is not on the inside instead of the outside of the barrel.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Angela Burdett-coutts

Angela Burdett-couttsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely worst vacuum ever!!!! If I could would rate it -5 stars

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily

KarenPerth, WA

I was Sold a dud!

I was sold this vac at godfrey’s. I have a small house and no pets and this vac can’t cope with it’s job. I have to empty and clean it EVERY time I use it and it clogs EVERY time I use it. Worst vac I’ve ever wasted good money on! I’m extremely disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Raymond

RaymondMount Morgan Queensland Australia

Hoover smart R1 bagged vacuum? Be smart Don't buy it

To date, this is the Worst vacuum cleaner I ever bought I am replacing bags when they are barely 20% full I have 3 dogs 1 large mixed breed 1 Chihuahua 1 Yorkshire terrier and suction is Bad, full suction is barely half of an old Volta I had for years. It takes far longer to clean house and now the wife has started Dialysis has a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and waiting for another Shoulder and Knee replacement so is unable to much so I am to Clean house, Washing etc look after gardens, Mow the Yard and do Renovations on top of it all. I'm on disability So I need things to work properly though unfortunately not the Hoover Smart R1 Bagged Vacuum cleaner I'll never buy another Hoover

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Boo

Boo

High maintainance filters

Just purchased this vac and happy with the performance and easy to use but wish I had known the filters need cleaning after each use, the sales person did not mention that, our old vacuum was a dyson that only needed filters to be washed periodically, power lead could be longer too

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Liam J

Liam JSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheap vacuum, but doesn't last.

This vacuum is great for small homeowners who don't want to spend large amounts on vacuums. However, I don't think it is suited for large homes. It is annoying having to walk around unplugging and plugging back in again. The vacuum also loses suction after a while. Otherwise, it is a good vacuum.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Harry FoodTech

Harry FoodTechAuckland

Good, could do with a handle

Bought this from Godfrey's about a year ago, great suction, good effect on most surfaces, the bags are expensive but a real pain when needing to lift it to vacuum something high. The bags are also a bit expensive, and fill up quite quickly. I'm meant to write fifty words or so..

Date PurchasedMay 2017
theresa

theresaVictoria

Was great, but not for cleaning the vacuum itself

Bought this 2 years ago at GODFREYS. They were cheap and was really doing good. Great suction power and performance. They are light weight and easy to carry and manuever, but theyre a little bit noisy. I guess it is hard to find a vacuum that is quiet..lol! Everything was great with this vacuum not until we realized that it is not getting all the dust anymore and we realized because the Telescoping Wand Assembly and the Power Nozzle Assembly are full of hair and dust. We managed to clean the Power Nozzle Assembly but not the Telescoping Wand Assembly. We send them to GODFREYS but they didnt really clean it. From then, it is not suctioning well anymore. I hope the Telescoping Wand Assembly is easy to clean as well so it can last long.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Sarah Smith

Sarah SmithMelbourne

Good product under $300!

Good product under $300 dollars from godfreys it vacuums well down side is sfter every use almost i have to pull out all the stuff that gets stuck inside and it can get loud at times other than that its good if you have a small place to clean up.

Date PurchasedJune 2014
Jtrain

JtrainAdelaide

Wouldnt give it away USELESS

This thing needs a disassemble & all filters & parts thoroughly cleaned for every use. Did the whole thorough clean of it yesterday, I then vacuumed the tiled floor for 5 mins & it wasnt picking anything up so i put my hand over end of pipe & on max there was zero suction. Should be recalled because its total junk. Had a bagged hoover once before that wasnt great, but this thing is pure garbage.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Deano

DeanoPerth, WA

Rubbish

Had this vacuum cleaner for 3 month. Absolutely bucket of rubbish. Does not pick up fluff, cotton or my girls hair from carpet. Really got conned by the salesman at Godfreys stating it was one of their best sellers!!!!!! What a joke.... Under any circumstances do not buy. Don't even accept if free it will do your head in.......

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Find out how Hoover Smart R1 T4012 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

I agree with all the other reviews, this cleaner does not pick up dust, I can see the dust

I fully agree with all the problems other customers have had with this machine, very disappointed with it, respectfully; Hoover you should not sell bagless cleaners if you know they don't do the job they are meant to do. I only have a small unit to vacuum; I would hate to try to clean a large house with it.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Worst vacuum ever

Everything said about this vacuum is true, does not pick up anything, tube constantly falls out, extension cord is very short. Its almost like you vacuum and then have to turn around and do it again. It picks up very little and its not like I even have carpet. All wood floors with one rug. Trying to complain to Godfreys is pointless...a generic response from their homepage and then your comment is deleted. Awful awful cleaner, do not buy this or anything from Godfreys.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Worst vacuum I have ever brought

There is no auction in this 6 month old vacuum. In our 4 bed house with only bedrooms being carpeted and the rest are floating floors, I have to empty the filter and catcher four times and even then I have to use the nozzle directly to pick up fluff and hair off the floor.
Worst thing I have ever brought and was strongly encouraged by godfreys to buy this one.

Dani

Dani

Wish I never bought it

Was talked into this by godfreys after my last vacuum stopped working. It has very average suction, and struggles to pick up pet hair from carpet and furniture. The cord is quite short meaning i have to unplug to reach different areas of my house. Bag size is also very small. regret buying this!

Hoover Smart is a terrible hoover

No suction. It will not pick up anything. My home looks worse after hoovering. Full of dust. Short lead. Do not buy this hoover, it is a health hazard. Have tried to complain, Hoover just do not care. So noisy. I would rather have old hoover back which was 10 years old.