Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (2)
Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Design issues

I purchased this vac a little over 2 weeks ago so it is early days. So far, it has done a good job on my very old carpet and hard floors, but I have issues with the design. The "handle" is too low, the hot air blowing upwards is very annoying and, as a right-handed person (like most people), I don't understand why the power button is not on the inside instead of the outside of the barrel.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Tristan Evans

Tristan Evans

Great vacuum for the price

Great little vacuum for the price, light and mobile with a good strong hose. The bagless chamber is a little small but I've had no issues with my vacuum cleaner and it's good for the car or getting under beds.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfrey's for $200.00.

Jay

Jay

Went to Godfreys to purchase a vacuum cleaner within the under $100 budget. The staff recommended Hoover Smart. It worked well for the first month. After that there seems to be some problem with the suction.

Editing my review, after the suction stopped working, I opened the machine and removed all the dirt.
I reckon something was stuck. Working well again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys.

travelmate37

travelmate37Sydney, NSW

Time will tell

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Lil K

Lil KBallarat

Compact

Handy compact vac for a small home or unit. Not suited to a huge house. Had for 4 weeks now, suction very good so far. Portable and light but doesn’t like to follow and tips very easy. If patient and take time this will not occur. Overall good value for money.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Boo

Boo

High maintainance filters

Just purchased this vac and happy with the performance and easy to use but wish I had known the filters need cleaning after each use, the sales person did not mention that, our old vacuum was a dyson that only needed filters to be washed periodically, power lead could be longer too

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Liam J

Liam JSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheap vacuum, but doesn't last.

This vacuum is great for small homeowners who don't want to spend large amounts on vacuums. However, I don't think it is suited for large homes. It is annoying having to walk around unplugging and plugging back in again. The vacuum also loses suction after a while. Otherwise, it is a good vacuum.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Steph

StephPerth

Great vacuum

Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it works extremely well. It sucks up all of our dogs hair that our previous vacuum cleaner couldn't deal with. It's quite loud, but what can you expect from a vacuum. Our house is reasonably big and the Hoover, deals with it well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
RGC

RGCadelaide

Good Vacuum cleaner

This is a well priced vacuum cleaner which I have found to be quite suitable for all domestic cleaning activities. It has plenty of suction and performs well on all surfaces. It is fairly light to move around the house and comes with plenty of attachments for all of the different cleaning jobs required.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

KD

KD

Good Vacuum Cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys and have been reasonably satisfied with the performance of this vacuum cleaner. It has powerful suction and works equally well on carpet as well as on timber or tiles. What is missing is a handle which sometimes makes the navigation of the unit little bothersome. Replacement bags are readily available at Godfreys too.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Harry FoodTech

Harry FoodTechAuckland

Good, could do with a handle

Bought this from Godfrey's about a year ago, great suction, good effect on most surfaces, the bags are expensive but a real pain when needing to lift it to vacuum something high. The bags are also a bit expensive, and fill up quite quickly. I'm meant to write fifty words or so..

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Sonjalive

SonjaliveSouth East Queensland, QLD

good hoover

i do love my hoover. it has a turbo head which i higly recommend $50. its light ,handels rough treatment and cathairs. not as strong as the dearer vacums but quite addequate easy to grab. does great on all floors. if i dont win a better vacum i will get another hoover and turbo head

Date PurchasedJan 2012
theresa

theresaVictoria

Was great, but not for cleaning the vacuum itself

Bought this 2 years ago at GODFREYS. They were cheap and was really doing good. Great suction power and performance. They are light weight and easy to carry and manuever, but theyre a little bit noisy. I guess it is hard to find a vacuum that is quiet..lol! Everything was great with this vacuum not until we realized that it is not getting all the dust anymore and we realized because the Telescoping Wand Assembly and the Power Nozzle Assembly are full of hair and dust. We managed to clean the Power Nozzle Assembly but not the Telescoping Wand Assembly. We send them to GODFREYS but they didnt really clean it. From then, it is not suctioning well anymore. I hope the Telescoping Wand Assembly is easy to clean as well so it can last long.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
val

valIngleburn

Its Good!

When I bought it I am about to return it because it has a bad review, but after using it for 6 months now, it is a good vacuum. Suction is very good comparable to dyson. It cleans very well, we use it on our living room, bed rooms and on my car, the results are nice, very clean and when I bought it is less than 300 bucks. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Sarah Smith

Sarah SmithMelbourne

Good product under $300!

Good product under $300 dollars from godfreys it vacuums well down side is sfter every use almost i have to pull out all the stuff that gets stuck inside and it can get loud at times other than that its good if you have a small place to clean up.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Muriel B

Muriel B

Hoovering along

The vaccum gets the job done,it is reasonably light,I wouldn't call any vacuum quiet, I have carpet through my two bedroom unit ,tiled floors in other areas.I was not happy with the suction head so took it back was charged another fifty dollars.That was from Godfrey's 18 months ago. It gets the job done

Date PurchasedJan 2016
SamC

SamCMelbourne

I'm quite happy with the performance of this vacuum. I think for the price, it does the job well. I have black carpet and can see everything on it. This vacuum cleans it up well and gets rid of short dog hairs too. I did have trouble at one point and thought I would have to replace it. However, after reading some reviews I realised that I hadn't cleaned it properly when pulling it apart and noticed that a piece of plastic I had vacuumed up was blocking a part of the suction. I now make sure that I empty it after each full house vacuum and pull it apart to make sure there aren't any blockages.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
giles

gilesIpswich

Quality Hoover at a cost of takeaway!!

If you need a functioning Hoover that has powerful suction and not noisy then try the Smart Hoover that has speedy wheels for quickness but yet compact with high suction. Decided to buy for the car because it was so small and cheap but now use it in the house as our old one that was very expensive was too heavy and the suction didn't appear to be so fantastic as this little speedy!!

Greg

GregNortheast, VIC

Review one year on.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Hoover Smart Bagged

Recently purchased a bagged Hoover Smart, my complaint is that where the nozzle goes into the metal part there is no clip to hold it in and after using for a while it just slips out!!! Why no locking in device ?????? It would make things so much easier and quicker if i didn't have to keep stopping and pushing it back in !!