Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (4)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (3)
johnno

johnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless, worst vacuum ever.

I bought this vacuum from Godfreys and can't believe they sell this product with a straight face. Hopeless, no suction on any surface, never will buy a hoover again, absolute trash.

Kris

KrisAdelaide

Best best best.

professional and pleasant customer service.
This is the best vacuum I have ever bought. Powerful suction, cleans well. This vacuum body is small but does a great work n because of its size it doesn’t take much scape at home to store.

Got free bags as a gift from store.

Purchased in March 2020 at Godfreys for $200.00.

JohnnyDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of garbage lost suction after about 4 uses

I'm getting a little tired of these products which presumably come from China and are not made to what we used to call reliable standard in the western world. 4 uses and the suction was fine. Then it got extremely weak, and cleaning out the filter didn't help at all. I understand it is at the low end of the price range, but you tend to hope for at least a couple of years' use of things you buy, not a couple of months.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $130.00.

Sri

SriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vacuum

Used for over a month- giving a good result
Noise less. Strong suction power. Easy to store because of its small size. Nice colour.
Hope it stays same for forever

Purchased at Godfreys for $200.00.

Angela Burdett-coutts

Angela Burdett-couttsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely worst vacuum ever!!!! If I could would rate it -5 stars

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily

KarenPerth, WA

I was Sold a dud!

I was sold this vac at godfrey’s. I have a small house and no pets and this vac can’t cope with it’s job. I have to empty and clean it EVERY time I use it and it clogs EVERY time I use it. Worst vac I’ve ever wasted good money on! I’m extremely disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great value

We have a home with several dogs and a cat on a farm. We have old linoleum and old carpet surfaces. My new Hoover Smart Vacuum has great suction and is easy to use. I was surprised how well it works while such a low price! Why spend more for things you don't need?

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Raymond

RaymondMount Morgan Queensland Australia

Hoover smart R1 bagged vacuum? Be smart Don't buy it

To date, this is the Worst vacuum cleaner I ever bought I am replacing bags when they are barely 20% full I have 3 dogs 1 large mixed breed 1 Chihuahua 1 Yorkshire terrier and suction is Bad, full suction is barely half of an old Volta I had for years. It takes far longer to clean house and now the wife has started Dialysis has a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and waiting for another Shoulder and Knee replacement so is unable to much so I am to Clean house, Washing etc look after gardens, Mow the Yard and do Renovations on top of it all. I'm on disability So I need things to work properly though unfortunately not the Hoover Smart R1 Bagged Vacuum cleaner I'll never buy another Hoover

Date PurchasedApr 2018

I love it

Best vacuum ever, had to turn it down as it sucked too hard. 6 yrs old so far and gets used daily.
Only needs to be cleaned out once a fortnight.

I think the people who complain it fills up before they complete the job might need to consider using it more often or making less mess. Seriously if the thing is full that's a lot of dust to have on your floor before deciding to clean up..

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Mandy

MandyMittagong

Great robust vacuum

No objective given for this great vacuum. Lightweight, easy to store and very impressed with the suction. Happy also with the costing and with 2 year guarantee. Highly recommended for houses.... its a great unit. Have no problems with tipping over...easy to clean including the filter not worried about doing it. Mx

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
malcolm

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it sucks

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Amzperth

AmzperthPerth

Best vacuum we’ve had

Our vacuum is about 3 years old now and has never skipped a beat. We have kids, cats, dogs and a whole lotta carpet (not out of choice) so it gets used often. All the attachments work well and the clip on the hose is handy. Really good value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Missy R

Missy R

A great little vacuum!

It's light and easy to manouvre. Very happy with it's capabilities, I use on carpet and wood floors and it does a great job. We have a lot of sand at our place and there is no issues with the vacuum sucking it up. Bags are great and easy to buy. I use it to clean the car all the time and the little tools are great. Only wish is that tools could be attached to the vacuum cleaner - as i always lose them!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jess

JessMargaret River

Love It

Perfect lightweight model and great for getting right into the carpet to get the dog hair and dirt/dust out! Absolutely love it! I use mine up to 3 times a week. Make sure you keep on top of keeping the filters clean! I wash mine with hot soapy water once a month to get a good clean.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Mez

MezHunter Region, NSW

A great little cleaner

My old vacuum cleaner motor burned out, so I went to Godfrey at east maitland. They recommended the Hoover Smart, so I bought it. It's got great suction power, got heaps of grit and dust the old Dyson missed. It's bagless, which I prefer, I take the removable dust canister outside to empty, no problems. I much prefer it to my old one, half the price, and Hoover has been making vacuum cleaners for a very long time, so they should know how to build one. I'm very pleased I bought it and I phoned Godfreys to say thank you

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Cristian Serban

Cristian Serban

Great Product!

We have bought this vacuum 2 years ago from Godfreys .We wanted to get the Miele but the lady there convinced us to get this one instead, the price was similar but apparently that model of Miele vacuums were made in China so we went for the Hoover , and to be honest we do not regret it at all, it is a great Vacuum, suction is great and there are no problems with it!!

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Jtrain

JtrainAdelaide

Wouldnt give it away USELESS

This thing needs a disassemble & all filters & parts thoroughly cleaned for every use. Did the whole thorough clean of it yesterday, I then vacuumed the tiled floor for 5 mins & it wasnt picking anything up so i put my hand over end of pipe & on max there was zero suction. Should be recalled because its total junk. Had a bagged hoover once before that wasnt great, but this thing is pure garbage.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Deano

DeanoPerth, WA

Rubbish

Had this vacuum cleaner for 3 month. Absolutely bucket of rubbish. Does not pick up fluff, cotton or my girls hair from carpet. Really got conned by the salesman at Godfreys stating it was one of their best sellers!!!!!! What a joke.... Under any circumstances do not buy. Don't even accept if free it will do your head in.......

Date PurchasedMay 2016

I agree with all the other reviews, this cleaner does not pick up dust, I can see the dust

I fully agree with all the problems other customers have had with this machine, very disappointed with it, respectfully; Hoover you should not sell bagless cleaners if you know they don't do the job they are meant to do. I only have a small unit to vacuum; I would hate to try to clean a large house with it.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Worst vacuum ever

Everything said about this vacuum is true, does not pick up anything, tube constantly falls out, extension cord is very short. Its almost like you vacuum and then have to turn around and do it again. It picks up very little and its not like I even have carpet. All wood floors with one rug. Trying to complain to Godfreys is pointless...a generic response from their homepage and then your comment is deleted. Awful awful cleaner, do not buy this or anything from Godfreys.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015