Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (3)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (4)
Kris

KrisAdelaide

Best best best.

professional and pleasant customer service.
This is the best vacuum I have ever bought. Powerful suction, cleans well. This vacuum body is small but does a great work n because of its size it doesn’t take much scape at home to store.

Got free bags as a gift from store.

Purchased in March 2020 at Godfreys for $200.00.

Vicky

VickySydney, NSW

Design issues

I purchased this vac a little over 2 weeks ago so it is early days. So far, it has done a good job on my very old carpet and hard floors, but I have issues with the design. The "handle" is too low, the hot air blowing upwards is very annoying and, as a right-handed person (like most people), I don't understand why the power button is not on the inside instead of the outside of the barrel.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Sri

SriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vacuum

Used for over a month- giving a good result
Noise less. Strong suction power. Easy to store because of its small size. Nice colour.
Hope it stays same for forever

Purchased at Godfreys for $200.00.

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great value

We have a home with several dogs and a cat on a farm. We have old linoleum and old carpet surfaces. My new Hoover Smart Vacuum has great suction and is easy to use. I was surprised how well it works while such a low price! Why spend more for things you don't need?

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

travelmate37

travelmate37Sydney, NSW

Time will tell

Date PurchasedDec 2018

I love it

Best vacuum ever, had to turn it down as it sucked too hard. 6 yrs old so far and gets used daily.
Only needs to be cleaned out once a fortnight.

I think the people who complain it fills up before they complete the job might need to consider using it more often or making less mess. Seriously if the thing is full that's a lot of dust to have on your floor before deciding to clean up..

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Mandy

MandyMittagong

Great robust vacuum

No objective given for this great vacuum. Lightweight, easy to store and very impressed with the suction. Happy also with the costing and with 2 year guarantee. Highly recommended for houses.... its a great unit. Have no problems with tipping over...easy to clean including the filter not worried about doing it. Mx

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Boo

Boo

High maintainance filters

Just purchased this vac and happy with the performance and easy to use but wish I had known the filters need cleaning after each use, the sales person did not mention that, our old vacuum was a dyson that only needed filters to be washed periodically, power lead could be longer too

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Liam J

Liam JSydney Surrounds, NSW

Cheap vacuum, but doesn't last.

This vacuum is great for small homeowners who don't want to spend large amounts on vacuums. However, I don't think it is suited for large homes. It is annoying having to walk around unplugging and plugging back in again. The vacuum also loses suction after a while. Otherwise, it is a good vacuum.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Harry FoodTech

Harry FoodTechAuckland

Good, could do with a handle

Bought this from Godfrey's about a year ago, great suction, good effect on most surfaces, the bags are expensive but a real pain when needing to lift it to vacuum something high. The bags are also a bit expensive, and fill up quite quickly. I'm meant to write fifty words or so..

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Amzperth

AmzperthPerth

Best vacuum we’ve had

Our vacuum is about 3 years old now and has never skipped a beat. We have kids, cats, dogs and a whole lotta carpet (not out of choice) so it gets used often. All the attachments work well and the clip on the hose is handy. Really good value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
theresa

theresaVictoria

Was great, but not for cleaning the vacuum itself

Bought this 2 years ago at GODFREYS. They were cheap and was really doing good. Great suction power and performance. They are light weight and easy to carry and manuever, but theyre a little bit noisy. I guess it is hard to find a vacuum that is quiet..lol! Everything was great with this vacuum not until we realized that it is not getting all the dust anymore and we realized because the Telescoping Wand Assembly and the Power Nozzle Assembly are full of hair and dust. We managed to clean the Power Nozzle Assembly but not the Telescoping Wand Assembly. We send them to GODFREYS but they didnt really clean it. From then, it is not suctioning well anymore. I hope the Telescoping Wand Assembly is easy to clean as well so it can last long.

Date PurchasedJune 2015
Missy R

Missy R

A great little vacuum!

It's light and easy to manouvre. Very happy with it's capabilities, I use on carpet and wood floors and it does a great job. We have a lot of sand at our place and there is no issues with the vacuum sucking it up. Bags are great and easy to buy. I use it to clean the car all the time and the little tools are great. Only wish is that tools could be attached to the vacuum cleaner - as i always lose them!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Jess

JessMargaret River

Love It

Perfect lightweight model and great for getting right into the carpet to get the dog hair and dirt/dust out! Absolutely love it! I use mine up to 3 times a week. Make sure you keep on top of keeping the filters clean! I wash mine with hot soapy water once a month to get a good clean.

Date PurchasedSept 2017
Mez

MezHunter Region, NSW

A great little cleaner

My old vacuum cleaner motor burned out, so I went to Godfrey at east maitland. They recommended the Hoover Smart, so I bought it. It's got great suction power, got heaps of grit and dust the old Dyson missed. It's bagless, which I prefer, I take the removable dust canister outside to empty, no problems. I much prefer it to my old one, half the price, and Hoover has been making vacuum cleaners for a very long time, so they should know how to build one. I'm very pleased I bought it and I phoned Godfreys to say thank you

Date PurchasedJuly 2015

Cristian Serban

Cristian Serban

Great Product!

We have bought this vacuum 2 years ago from Godfreys .We wanted to get the Miele but the lady there convinced us to get this one instead, the price was similar but apparently that model of Miele vacuums were made in China so we went for the Hoover , and to be honest we do not regret it at all, it is a great Vacuum, suction is great and there are no problems with it!!

Date PurchasedSept 2015
Sarah Smith

Sarah SmithMelbourne

Good product under $300!

Good product under $300 dollars from godfreys it vacuums well down side is sfter every use almost i have to pull out all the stuff that gets stuck inside and it can get loud at times other than that its good if you have a small place to clean up.

Date PurchasedJune 2014

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Watervale

WatervaleMACQUARIE

This HOOVER Is a HOOTER

Hi. This little vacuum cleaner is a hooter. Initially I thought it was a pile of junk, you just have to get to know how to clean the insides, there are 3 things to clean. 1. empty contents, 2. remove dust from foam filters and 3. remove conical plastic filter that traps heavier dirt / debris. It took me ages to discover this third one. My bad. In fact, we live on a dirt road and this Hoover sucks up so much fine dust, compared to our last vac I didn't realise how inefficient the other one was. Just have to clean foam filters more often.
Strong motor. Light. Cheap
Needs regular cleaning / emptying.

pking