Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Hoover Smart R1 T4012

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (2) · No (6)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (3) · No (4)
johnno

johnnoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless, worst vacuum ever.

I bought this vacuum from Godfreys and can't believe they sell this product with a straight face. Hopeless, no suction on any surface, never will buy a hoover again, absolute trash.

Kris

KrisAdelaide

Best best best.

professional and pleasant customer service.
This is the best vacuum I have ever bought. Powerful suction, cleans well. This vacuum body is small but does a great work n because of its size it doesn’t take much scape at home to store.

Got free bags as a gift from store.

Purchased in March 2020 at Godfreys for $200.00.

JohnnyDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Piece of garbage lost suction after about 4 uses

I'm getting a little tired of these products which presumably come from China and are not made to what we used to call reliable standard in the western world. 4 uses and the suction was fine. Then it got extremely weak, and cleaning out the filter didn't help at all. I understand it is at the low end of the price range, but you tend to hope for at least a couple of years' use of things you buy, not a couple of months.

Purchased in January 2020 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $130.00.

Sri

SriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best vacuum

Used for over a month- giving a good result
Noise less. Strong suction power. Easy to store because of its small size. Nice colour.
Hope it stays same for forever

Purchased at Godfreys for $200.00.

Angela Burdett-coutts

Angela Burdett-couttsSydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely worst vacuum ever!!!! If I could would rate it -5 stars

Purchased in November 2019.

Product is usedDaily

KarenPerth, WA

I was Sold a dud!

I was sold this vac at godfrey’s. I have a small house and no pets and this vac can’t cope with it’s job. I have to empty and clean it EVERY time I use it and it clogs EVERY time I use it. Worst vac I’ve ever wasted good money on! I’m extremely disappointed.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Suzi

SuziWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Great value

We have a home with several dogs and a cat on a farm. We have old linoleum and old carpet surfaces. My new Hoover Smart Vacuum has great suction and is easy to use. I was surprised how well it works while such a low price! Why spend more for things you don't need?

Purchased in June 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $199.00.

Tristan Evans

Tristan Evans

Great vacuum for the price

Great little vacuum for the price, light and mobile with a good strong hose. The bagless chamber is a little small but I've had no issues with my vacuum cleaner and it's good for the car or getting under beds.

Purchased in July 2019 at Godfrey's for $200.00.

Raymond

RaymondMount Morgan Queensland Australia

Hoover smart R1 bagged vacuum? Be smart Don't buy it

To date, this is the Worst vacuum cleaner I ever bought I am replacing bags when they are barely 20% full I have 3 dogs 1 large mixed breed 1 Chihuahua 1 Yorkshire terrier and suction is Bad, full suction is barely half of an old Volta I had for years. It takes far longer to clean house and now the wife has started Dialysis has a Pacemaker/Defibrillator and waiting for another Shoulder and Knee replacement so is unable to much so I am to Clean house, Washing etc look after gardens, Mow the Yard and do Renovations on top of it all. I'm on disability So I need things to work properly though unfortunately not the Hoover Smart R1 Bagged Vacuum cleaner I'll never buy another Hoover

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Jay

Jay

Went to Godfreys to purchase a vacuum cleaner within the under $100 budget. The staff recommended Hoover Smart. It worked well for the first month. After that there seems to be some problem with the suction.

Editing my review, after the suction stopped working, I opened the machine and removed all the dirt.
I reckon something was stuck. Working well again.

Purchased in December 2018 at Godfreys.

I love it

Best vacuum ever, had to turn it down as it sucked too hard. 6 yrs old so far and gets used daily.
Only needs to be cleaned out once a fortnight.

I think the people who complain it fills up before they complete the job might need to consider using it more often or making less mess. Seriously if the thing is full that's a lot of dust to have on your floor before deciding to clean up..

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Lil K

Lil KBallarat

Compact

Handy compact vac for a small home or unit. Not suited to a huge house. Had for 4 weeks now, suction very good so far. Portable and light but doesn’t like to follow and tips very easy. If patient and take time this will not occur. Overall good value for money.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Mandy

MandyMittagong

Great robust vacuum

No objective given for this great vacuum. Lightweight, easy to store and very impressed with the suction. Happy also with the costing and with 2 year guarantee. Highly recommended for houses.... its a great unit. Have no problems with tipping over...easy to clean including the filter not worried about doing it. Mx

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
malcolm

malcolmGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

it sucks

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Steph

StephPerth

Great vacuum

Purchased it a couple of weeks ago and it works extremely well. It sucks up all of our dogs hair that our previous vacuum cleaner couldn't deal with. It's quite loud, but what can you expect from a vacuum. Our house is reasonably big and the Hoover, deals with it well.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

RGC

RGCadelaide

Good Vacuum cleaner

This is a well priced vacuum cleaner which I have found to be quite suitable for all domestic cleaning activities. It has plenty of suction and performs well on all surfaces. It is fairly light to move around the house and comes with plenty of attachments for all of the different cleaning jobs required.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
KD

KD

Good Vacuum Cleaner

Purchased this from Godfreys and have been reasonably satisfied with the performance of this vacuum cleaner. It has powerful suction and works equally well on carpet as well as on timber or tiles. What is missing is a handle which sometimes makes the navigation of the unit little bothersome. Replacement bags are readily available at Godfreys too.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Sonjalive

SonjaliveSouth East Queensland, QLD

good hoover

i do love my hoover. it has a turbo head which i higly recommend $50. its light ,handels rough treatment and cathairs. not as strong as the dearer vacums but quite addequate easy to grab. does great on all floors. if i dont win a better vacum i will get another hoover and turbo head

Date PurchasedJan 2012
Amzperth

AmzperthPerth

Best vacuum we’ve had

Our vacuum is about 3 years old now and has never skipped a beat. We have kids, cats, dogs and a whole lotta carpet (not out of choice) so it gets used often. All the attachments work well and the clip on the hose is handy. Really good value for money.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Missy R

Missy R

A great little vacuum!

It's light and easy to manouvre. Very happy with it's capabilities, I use on carpet and wood floors and it does a great job. We have a lot of sand at our place and there is no issues with the vacuum sucking it up. Bags are great and easy to buy. I use it to clean the car all the time and the little tools are great. Only wish is that tools could be attached to the vacuum cleaner - as i always lose them!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016