Hoover Tornado VCM43B1

Hoover Tornado VCM43B1

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (0) · No (1)
  • Clogging Issues Yes (0) · No (1)

Lafawnduh M.

Lafawnduh M.

Great unit!

Previously had a Samsung vacuum which was a great unit, but if had electronic controls on the handle, which after a while broke, so could only control it by plugging it in at the wall outlet to turn it on. Eventually it literally blew up.

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Hoover tornado. It didn't really seem to give the appearance of being anything special.

When I got it home though, I was, and still am, very impressed! Great suction, easy to move around, great filter, and nice big chamber. I can do my whole apartment and still not need to empty the chamber.

Very pleased with this guy.

Purchased in May 2019 at Godfreys for $249.00.

Nivlek

NivlekSouth East Queensland, QLD

A fantastic product for a very reasonable price.

Sarah

SarahSydney

really good for the price

great vacuum i first bought it when i lived in a tiny apartment and it was used on floor boards and one carpeted room and it was so quick great suction power.. now in a much larger house and still using it and it is still going strong. only issue would be pulling it right apart to clean but you dont have to do that too too often

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Tornado VCM43B1 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Dia

DiaSunshine coast

Great little tornado

Love this little machine could even say better than our dyson, purchased this from godfrey's for $99 for upstairs, we have wooden floors upstairs and its fantastic, great suction and doesn't scratch the floors, only complaint is lead isnt that long but with an extension lead its fantastic. Love the bagless cylinder easy to open to empty.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Clicky

ClickyBrighton

Powerful Little Vac

This is just basic vacuum and pretty cheap on special too ($99) I think they have given it an appropriate name in "Tornado" because when you tun it on it really screams and it creates a spinning dust effect as the bowl fills up. It is easy to quickly empty but you need to wash the filter out from time to time or it loses effectiveness and then you need to thoroughly dry it. The whole process took over 24 hours last time before it felt dry enough to put back in.
This is a good cheap vacuum, not the best ever but a good machine

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Wal

WalRedcliffe

Fair price at $99

First impression is that it's quieter than a $49 model from K-Mart but only time will tell how long that lasts.
However, the hose and the cord are too short and the cord gets worryingly warm with just 20 mins use !
But the more annoying gripe is the brush attachment which is little more than a throw away toy. Pathetic.
This is no $299 machine reduced to $99. It's a $99 machine at most.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Dianne

Diannemaroochydore

The Little Tornado

Purchased the Hoover Tornado last week as a spare vacuum for upstairs, we have a dyson downstairs, we are so impressed by this vacuum I could even go as far as saying better than our dyson. We purchased this 1800w Motor vac for $99 from Godfreys it was reduced by $200, the suction is fantastic, not even as noisy as our dyson, picks up dirt it doesn't push it away like the dyson does sometimes, the brush head is long enough for our hard floors so it wont scratch, the only issue I would have is the lead isn't as long as the dyson I have to keep moving it to another socket. 1 years warranty and Godfreys deal with the warranty. Very impressive for the price. Recommend.

Ash

AshCanberra 2600, ACT

Does what it says it will

When I moved into an apartment with carpet instead of wood floors, I needed a vacuum but I was pretty broke after paying bond etc on the new rental. So I grabbed this for $99 from Godfrey's. It's quite easy to manoeuvre around, has good suction, and is easy to empty. All in all, it does what it says it would do! Also works well on the kitchen tiles in lieu of sweeping. I've only had it for three months so can't comment on lifespan, I hope it lasts, but overall it's a good affordable machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
LisaP68

LisaP68Illawarra, NSW

Quite powerful

The suction of this vacuum is so powerful I have to drag it along the carpet! There's no need to buy dust collection bags, you just empty & clean the barrel. My only complaint is that if it gets too hot with prolonged use or it's a really hot day, it shuts off!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Tornado VCM43B1 compares to other Barrel Vacuum Cleaners

Christie

ChristiePerth, WA

Great Vacuum

I bought the Hoover vacuum aboyt 18 months ago i must say ut has served its purpose well. The power head is a bit clumsy and very heavy so that is a bit of a problem other than that it leaves my floor clean and dust free. It is very easy to empty and clean out.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Keith

KeithSydney, NSW

Good value

Bought this for my daughter as a reasonable quality replacement for her previous one. It is definitely value for money. So much so that I'm going to be buying another for myself for our holiday home. It is easy (aka light and convenient) to use and definitely does the job.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
ZES

ZES

Good value for money

This is a great vacuum cleaner. I got it on special from Godfrey's for $99 (save $199). It has good suction and works well on tiles and carpet. It's a little noisy and the other negative is that it's quite hard to move on carpet as it feels a bit heavy due to the suction. It's light to carry and overall q great buy. It suits my 3 bedroom home.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Mik

MikMoorabbin

Good Suction

Good vacuum with easy cleaning bagless and powerful 1800W motor. Only problem with it was that I had to buy a tuubo head.for it as what it came with was not good for pet hair.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
See all Hoover Tornado VCM43B1 reviews

Sharon D

Sharon Dasked

Hi, I was cleaning the cone filter and the silver part came away from the rest of the cone filter. Is this suppose to detach from the filter? Tried to put it back together, but it won't stay on. Can see that theres little lugs that match up? Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Sharon

Hoover
Godfrey G.Hoover

Hi Sharon,
We have spoken to our service team who have advised that you should be able to reattach and that you will need to follow/match marked interactions on dust container to assemble it properly. If you are having issues, please take it into your nearest Godfreys store for assistance.
Good luck!
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Geoff

Geoffasked

Hello good afternoon. I purchased a Hoover Toronto 1800W in June 2019 . Today being the 1st of November 2020 the vacuum has blown up and has stopped working - is this product faulty ? I did think this would last longer - my email is geoffvlaar@outlook.com

Hoover
Godfrey G.Hoover

Hi Geoff,
We are sorry to hear of what has happened with your machine.
The machine will need to be booked in through your nearest store, with proof of purchase, to be inspected further an to determine the cause.
Regards,
The Hoover Team

Omer

Omerasked

Hi!
What are the rate vacuum performance by airflow and suction?
Regards

Alex K
Alex K

I’d rate a 4/5, it is very powerful but could always be better!

kylie
kylie

Hi I rate it 100% the suction is so good and airflow is great to Its allergy free so no sneezing ect and really easy to clean. I hope this helps you with your question

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryBarrel Vacuum Cleaners