Hoover Ultra Light

Hoover Ultra Light (page 2 of 5)

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (13)
    • Rarely (4)
    • Daily (4)
    • Weekly (3)
    • Monthly (1)
  • Pet OwnerYes (7) · No (17)
  • Battery Life

MrCheese

MrCheese

Solid for the price

We use it on all surfaces, it does a decent job on all. It's not the most powerful but its defiantly punching above it's expectation. It's lasted us over 2 years with out any drama, it's super easy to use and empty, light to carry and the price is it's strongest point.

Purchased in February 2017 at Godfreys Online Store for $149.00.

Product is used: Daily

Nene R.

Nene R.

Easy to use

This hoover has been great and easy to use in my room. It's not too heavy and the suction is good. So far I have had it a number of months with no issues.

Purchased in January 2019 for $120.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
AllisonV

AllisonVSydney, NSW

Does the small jobs

It’s perfect for the small jobs I use it was the stair way as the head of the vacuum fits perfect. Light and easy to use, battery charge is excellent.

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $95.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Great but has problem

If motor cuts out every 5 secs there is a build-up of hair/fluff not only visible on brush but behind the brush driver, so remove the circlip (be careful as the curclip is tiny) and pull out the driver to remove any hair/fluff. We are lucky that my daughter had this problem with hers and we were able to swap parts with mine to solve the problem. If all else fails just buy a new head for $50. We thought it must be a problem with motor or battery, but it was the head causing it. Otherwise a good little stick vacuum.

Purchased in December 2017 for $150.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

Very handy, but

We purchased our Hoover Ultra Light just under 2 years ago, it has been a brilliant little vacuum in that time on both floating floor and carpet, just as good as a dyson in my opinion, unfortunately the battery rubs out much quicker than it did and takes much longer to recharge, I have no idea where to get a new battery and Godfrey's don't sell them, ant ideas as too where to get one would be great, thanks in advance, Hoover you need to sort this problem quickly as it's not a good thing to have customers throwing batteries in the rubbish.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Does not last past 2 years!

Cleans well as a vacuum should. Drum fills up too quickly.
Battery will not charge anymore after only 2 years light use.
Hoover and Godfrey’s suggest buying a whole new one for $129 as replacing the lithium battery costs $109.
Absolutely outrageous in this age of environmenatal awareness!
We are expected to throw away a product after 2 years use!?!?
Don’t buy this product you don’t want to just bin it in 2 years!

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Rimz

RimzSydney, NSW

Totally love it , does the whole house and easy to handle

Cleans good on carpet and floorboards , its so convenient than using a normal vacuum highly recommend, no regrets at all and very light to use its not heavy at all and charges very quick . If your looking for that easy clean and pick up i reccommend this definitely

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Stone78

Stone78Cloverdale

Love this portable vacuum

Absolitely love this portable yet powerful vacuum. Bagless and easy to empty. Does a really good job. Easy to use in the car. My car was messy after moving plants and old boxes and this vacuum did an awesome job.
Battery life could be longer but does the trick.
Overall very happy. Love not having to plus a cord in, just keep it charged.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Daisy

DaisySydney

Don't Waste Your Money

I purchased this vacuum on 1/11/2016 from Godfreys.It stopped working this week and the battery will no longer recharge..To replace the battery costs $108 .You can buy the whole vacuum cleaner on sale now for $125.Seems like a shocking waste when these days land fill is such a major environmental problem and Hoover is not nelping the cause by creating built in obsolescence in their product..

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible. Don't bother

Similar to other reviews, battery is a real problem. First one replaced after two weeks but had to be sent away to Hoover.... took 6 weeks. Godfreys didn't want to know and wouldn't give me a refund. Replacement is no better. Pay the bit extra and go Dyson every time. As for Godfreys, depends which franchise you get. Head office are easy to deal with, but most franchise owners work on such fine margins, they take no responsibility to help in the event of a problem. Personally I would give Godfreys a wide berth next time.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Save your money!

I bought the ultra light to vacuum beds, sofas and the like. It’s just over 12 months old and it wont hold a charge. I’ve notived that the price has dropped remarkably but it isnt good value. The caoacity of the stick was okay for matresses and sofas but it didnt feel like it would cope well with rugs. Very disappointed in the quality.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Maricor

MaricorMelbourne

Find another vacuum

The first time I bought it I recommend this vacuum to my friends..
i bought it for the quick clean ups when my kids spill their food and so on.. it was alright when it’s working, it’s fairly light, the suction is not that great but it does the job..
This vacuum has a mind of its own, it works when it wants to, the battery is bad, after only a year of using it stopped working.. find another vacuum..

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kelly H

Kelly H

4.5 stars

I've used our Hoova Ultra Light on old carpet, new carpet lino and concrete and am quite happy with it. It has pretty good suction and it is just so handy being cordless - I couldn't ever go back to a corded vacumn cleaner. The charge lasts me quite a while, I would say up to 30 minutes and then it charges fairly quickly as well. Easy to pull apart and clean.
Only thing I wish it did was swivel a bit to get around corners etc. but other than that quite happy!
Would recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

earnest review

earnest reviewsydney

Breaks down after a year

I would not recommend this product, nor recommend purchasing from Godfreys.

Read the other reviews, after a few months of minimal use the machine cuts out after a few seconds. It seems to be a common problem.

I have battled for it to get fixed, but the service team just says it can't find a problem and then after a few months of trying to get it fixed they say it is now out of warranty.

When it was working, the power is noticeably less than a comparably priced Dyson. Like other cordless vacuums, getting the dustbin out is messy.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Geoff

GeoffEncounter Bay

Convenient to use

Had short run time problem after only one week. Used 3 times. Eventually tracked to faulty charger. No further problems 7 months later. Rotary brush flicks hard material out the back of the head, needs to be gone over a couple of times to pick up. Convenient to use. Used daily on hard floor and carpet. After initial problem and 3 trips to service agent, (Godfrey's), all now OK and quite pleased with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Coops

CoopsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cheap but doesn’t last

We bought this vacuum two years ago. It was fantastic for being able to quickly whip around the house. Don’t have to fuss with cords and it’s nice and light so I can hold it in one hand and a toddler on my hip with the other hand.

We had an issue with the battery one year and six weeks after we bought it. The warranty had expired, but they fixed it under warranty anyway.

Another year later and we’re having issues with the replacement battery. It won’t hold its charge. I don’t know wether we just got a faulty machine or if the batteries aren’t made to last. Either way, I’m not sure if I’m prepared to get a new vacuum every 12 months.

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for $150.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

makeitbetter

makeitbettersydney

terrible vacuum....never a pleasure to use

After i bought it it worked for about 6 months of infrequent use. It was average to use when it was in working condition. Although the machine pretty much looks brand new it keeps cutting out after 20s use. Things easily get caught up in the tube. i will never buy a hoover again!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Weiss

WeissVictoria

Weak suction

Not happy with the suction. Need to run repeatedly to remove surface fluff.
Not as light as I wished for to clean high places
Battery capacity too small, only enough to vacuum two rooms each time.
Not easy to detach and change the heads.
Relatively loud for its size
I would not recommend it

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jules Dancer

Jules DancerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Short Working Life!

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Rianne McGregor

Rianne McGregor

Can’t live without it.

Great vacuum. It’s up there with the Dyson. Great suction and long battery life. I can do the whole house on 1 charge no problem. Also the battery is separate from the unit so you can replace the battery without having to buy a whole new vacuum. I will be buying Hoover next time too.

Date PurchasedNov 2017