Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now

3.1

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (12) · No (11)
  • Battery Life
Prashant D.

Prashant D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst StickVac in the market. Replaced Motorhead

I have been using this for just over an year and believe me I have replaced motorised Power head 2 times (1 Original and 1 more) and its broken again. So I have been asked to replace the power head again as there is no warranty. Unbelievable!!
Faulty design.

Battery life is good! Easy to use and does the job. But can't spend %50 after every 3 months on $200 vaccumm

Prashant

Purchased in May 2019.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
LVV

LVVSydney Surrounds, NSW

Starts off great then goes downhill

I've had this for about 2 years - initially it worked quite well on my small house of mostly floorboards and tile. It is reasonably lightweight, easy to use and easy to empty. However, gradually over time, it lost power - to the point that now it won't work at all through the main head. I can only use it as a hand vac and even then its not very powerful. Because of the design, mess is only sucked up directly from under the centre of the device which makes cleaning corners and tight spaces impossibly hard. I was planning on keeping it just for the hand vac, but since you can only charge it when connected to the main unit, that isn't much help to me. I certainly wouldn't repurchase.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Christine

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with Hoover

I am truely surprised at the poor reviews of the Hoover Ultrapower Stickvac !
I have bought 2 and find that they are really great . Ergonomically they are terrific to use and manage to pick up so much dog hair
When the battery degraded I just bought the replacement part which was around $90 ? I think.
Not necessary to replace the whole unit . As good as any fancy and hugely expensive Dyson equivalent whose battery life I believe isn’t that much better

Purchased at Godfreys.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

CarlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

From good to inconveniently bad

I've had this vac for over 2 years and in that time, the head has been replaced twice! It's a faulty design. The wires that travel to the head become severed after a lot of use. Now that's it's out of warranty, the only solution i could find to prevent this from happening again is to tape the head to the stick in order to stop it from rotating..this is not ideal.
Secondly, the battery life becomes depleted to the point where it's no longer usable. Godfreys suggest replacing the entire motorised vac! Ridiculous and a waste.
I suggest you buy one like the ryobi or bosch that has a removable battery.

Purchased in October 2017 at Godfreys for A$260.00.

Floor Type Wood
Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont waste your money!!

I use this vacuum on tiles and on a rug in my lounge room. It has trouble sucking up just a few crumbs. I do not recommend this product at all.

Bill P.

Bill P.Sydney, NSW

Dont buy one.

Using on 2 x small low profile carpeted rooms. 2 x wooden floors and 1 x tiled section. 6 mths old and roller stopped again. Would be happy for a refund. Flimsy product and poor performance.

Purchased in November 2019 at Godfrey Blacktown for A$299.00.

Jason

JasonHunter Region, NSW

hoover ultrapower stick vac

Used on carpets and is effective, the battery needs to be completely drained before recharging. If not the charge time will degrade to zero over 6-18 months.
Filter can be rinsed out by the outside hose and then let dry in the sun- then reuse. Alternatively every 1-2 years get a new one. I use this cleaner 3 times a week and now I know after a battery replacement to keep using it multiple times without recharging it should last a lot longer.
Owned since Aug 2018 and new battery July 2020.
Also clean out brush head at least monthly- hair really gets caught up in there.

Jason Newcastle NSW

Purchased in August 2018 for A$299.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Linoleum
gyco

gycoPerth

Disposable item not worth the price of repair

Purchased in April 2019.

Paul W.Palmerston, NT

Faulty battery.

Worked well for a year then the battery completely degraded, providing power only for 2-3 minutes maximum. I wouldn't recommend this to product based on the faulty battery, also I couldn't find replacement handvac/battery assemblies online.

Paul W.

Thankyou, so I rang the number for Hoover you provided and a message said the call volume is higher than normal, then it hung up.

I.H-C

I.H-CPerth, WA

Junk after 6 months

When I first bought the Hoover it was fantastic. Lightweight, easy to use, and it did a good job. I was very happy with my purchase.

Fast forward 6 months, and it is completely useless and won't pick up anything. $300 waste of money.

I bought it in July 2019, it's now March of 2020 and it's been junk for a while.

If you buy it, it'll start off well and then progressively get worse to the point of being unserviceable. Save your money and get something that'll last

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$280.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
shikera333

shikera333Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hoover 5022 worked well for 2 years but recharge is now effective for 10 minutes use

I purchased this Hoover 5022 from Godfreys 2.5 years ago and it worked well until about 3 months ago and since then recharge has become less and less effective indicating the battery is in the death cycle. There is no mention whatsoever in the manual as to what you do when the rechargeable battery no longer charges nor any mention of a replacement spare part in the form of the battery.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$299.00.

Floor Type Wood
Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

This vacuum is good but... only for few months!!

I bought this vacuum last year and have been using this only for few months after I bought it. Then it didn't suck, only the hand vacuum one did. Luckily I still got the warranty, I returned it to Godfreys for service and then it worked well after service but then it didn't work for the second time again.. and only using it for few weeks after service. I thought I bought this vacuum because its light vacuum and I live in 3 storey house. Wasted $300 for this crappy vacuum, then I bought $29 vacuum from Big W, it works well than the expensive one. I am very disappointed with this product, not cheap but not working well.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for A$300.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Hi Mel,
I would recommend taking the machine, and proof of purchase, to your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection under warranty, just to make sue there are no underlying issues.

Glenn P.

Glenn P.Palmerston, NT

Can't live without this

Bought this because we have a dog in the house and want to keep the house clean. Was always slack to vacuum before getting this, now everyone in house picks it up to vacuum. Does a great job, easy to clean, has a light for dark hard to reach spaces. Great battery life. Highly recommend.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$320.00.

Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy for quick cleaning

I purchased this vacuum with the sole purpose of using it in between thorough house cleaning. Happy with the purchase as it picks up dust very well. The in built light is useful to see all the dust particles. It’s a very light weight vacuum which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The only complain I have is the design of placing the hand vacuum in the centre which makes it difficult to reach to every crook and corner of the house. As per the battery it runs for about 40 minutes on full speed. As I use it in between vacuums the run time seemed sufficient. Used on tiles and carpets.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
SB

SBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

Poor suction
Hard to empty
Can't get into corners
Just pushes dirt around
Dumps what it has sucked up somewhere else in house

It is infuriating to use because it is so bad
Used mostly on wood and some carpet.

Purchased in July 2018 at Electrolux dealer for A$250.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Perfect for our needs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for A$250.00.

LoraineW

LoraineWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good lightweight stick vacuum

I use this stickvac on the carpets in the bedrooms and it does a great job. It is very lightweight and easy to push. It has a long handle which is good for me as I am relatively tall and I don't find myself bending forward and putting pressure on my back. I have two cats and it manages to pick up most of their hair and nail sheddings. People with arthritic fingers may find unclamping the dust cassette difficult as it takes quite a deal of pressure to press on either side of the casing. I purchased the stickvac in June 2018 and it has not missed a beat.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Mount Ommaney for A$29.00.

Floor Type Carpet
Bia

BiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useful but not efficient

Battery time is plus and work good but do not pick up from corners of floor.
But in 2 yr warranty period I had brush head replaced three times. After 2 yrs the folding of stick stopped working. And now finally in 3 yrs suddenly the machine completely stopped working. I brought back to godfreys and is told i need to buy a new handheld part of it that may take weeks to come.
I wish I have had spent more and buy a good one.

Purchased in December 2016 at Godfreys for A$250.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Handy little creature

Best feature- the dust buster I use it for my mattresses and soft furnishings.
Be sure when you clean it out to remove the smaller filter inside the dust catcher as this gets clogged with fine particles and ultimately affects the suction of the cleaner.
I’ve had mine for 18 months and although I have a spare filter I haven’t had to change it as yet. No problems with it and battery life can get me a quick go over of my whole house.
It doesn’t have the suck of my Miele cat and dog but then I wouldn’t expect it to. It’s lighter and has less power. All in all I’m happy with my purchase. For $ 200 it’s good value.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys for A$200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Rosemary

RosemaryGreat Southern, WA

Love it

Light and easy to manouvre.
Excellent on wooden floor and also very good on short pile carpet.
Picks up everything including cat hair that conventional vacuum doesn't cope with.
Always charged ready to go.
Love it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for A$249.00.