Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

See the Best Stick Vacuum Cleaners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy for quick cleaning

I purchased this vacuum with the sole purpose of using it in between thorough house cleaning. Happy with the purchase as it picks up dust very well. The in built light is useful to see all the dust particles. It’s a very light weight vacuum which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The only complain I have is the design of placing the hand vacuum in the centre which makes it difficult to reach to every crook and corner of the house. As per the battery it runs for about 40 minutes on full speed. As I use it in between vacuums the run time seemed sufficient. Used on tiles and carpets.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles

SBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

Poor suction
Hard to empty
Can't get into corners
Just pushes dirt around
Dumps what it has sucked up somewhere else in house

It is infuriating to use because it is so bad
Used mostly on wood and some carpet.

Purchased in July 2018 at Electrolux dealer for $250.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Perfect for our needs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $250.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
LoraineW

LoraineWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good lightweight stick vacuum

I use this stickvac on the carpets in the bedrooms and it does a great job. It is very lightweight and easy to push. It has a long handle which is good for me as I am relatively tall and I don't find myself bending forward and putting pressure on my back. I have two cats and it manages to pick up most of their hair and nail sheddings. People with arthritic fingers may find unclamping the dust cassette difficult as it takes quite a deal of pressure to press on either side of the casing. I purchased the stickvac in June 2018 and it has not missed a beat.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Mount Ommaney for $29.00.

Product is used: Weekly
Floor Type Carpet

BiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useful but not efficient

Battery time is plus and work good but do not pick up from corners of floor.
But in 2 yr warranty period I had brush head replaced three times. After 2 yrs the folding of stick stopped working. And now finally in 3 yrs suddenly the machine completely stopped working. I brought back to godfreys and is told i need to buy a new handheld part of it that may take weeks to come.
I wish I have had spent more and buy a good one.

Purchased in December 2016 at Godfreys for $250.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles

Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Handy little creature

Best feature- the dust buster I use it for my mattresses and soft furnishings.
Be sure when you clean it out to remove the smaller filter inside the dust catcher as this gets clogged with fine particles and ultimately affects the suction of the cleaner.
I’ve had mine for 18 months and although I have a spare filter I haven’t had to change it as yet. No problems with it and battery life can get me a quick go over of my whole house.
It doesn’t have the suck of my Miele cat and dog but then I wouldn’t expect it to. It’s lighter and has less power. All in all I’m happy with my purchase. For $ 200 it’s good value.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys for $200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood

Rosemary

RosemaryGreat Southern, WA

Love it

Light and easy to manouvre.
Excellent on wooden floor and also very good on short pile carpet.
Picks up everything including cat hair that conventional vacuum doesn't cope with.
Always charged ready to go.
Love it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $249.00.

Product is used: Daily
Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood

Christine S

Christine SMelbourne

Terrible. Pushes the dirt around instead of cleaning

This product can't even clean hardwood floors - would hate to try and vacuum carpet with it. Very disappointing! I previously owned a different brand of stick vacuum which lasted several years. Big mistake trying Hoover this time

Purchased in June 2018 for $299.00.

Floor Type Wood
Dee

DeePeel, WA

I love this vacume !

I purchased this vacume 6 months ago and I love it ... I have all tiled floors and was after something to pick up dog fur and bits from the grandkids.. .. the battery lasts around 25 min. It picks up dirt right to the edges of the floors and the light lets me see what I've missed . I like the rubber rollers ( many have just plastic,) it's great on my shag pile rug. It easy to pull apart and clean ... I tell my friends how much I love it and would recommend it to anyone !

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Mandurah for $299.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Doesn't last and not good for dog hair

This vaccume lasted me 1.5 years. It physically fell apart. It was an Ok vaccume picked up most things but horrible with dog hair especially on carpet. I have a smalI apartment so if it wasnt for my dog hair would have been ok. I would just invest another 150/200 for a Dyson personally.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

LeahJ

LeahJSydney, NSW

Great product! Recommend

Very happy with this product and recommend it. We live in a smaller (3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house) - that is mostly carpeted with some vinyl. Battery always lasts for us to be able to able to vacuum the whole house in one go. We also have a dog and cat - and this vacuum seems to be very good at picking up pet hair around the house. This product is very lightweight and easy to use, which is my favorite feature about it. The first one we purchased wouldn't lock in properly and kept collapsing, but the store replaced it and we haven't had an issue with the replacement.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

MaggiMay

MaggiMayPeel, WA

Great for quick vacuums

Bought this vacuum a couple of days ago from Godfreys and love it already.
Firstly, love how it connects to the charging stand and doesn't fall over like a cheaper one I had a while ago.
It's readonably quiet; gave me a good 40 minutes run-time and still had power in reserve.
The light at the front is great when vacuuming under the bed, too.
Would certainly recommend for an "in-between" vacuum, that would save getting out the large vacuum every time.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Noha

Nohasydney

Does the job

It's light weight and very easy to use on both carpets and floorboard. I can usually do the whole house (3 bedrooms) as quickly as 15 minutes, but only to be used for superficial dirt, it's not powerful enough to suck any deep dust, hence cannot replace the corded ones.
For me it's good enough and does what I need to do.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible - waste of time

Have had to replace the head unit 3 times in 9 months. Brush stops spinning. Build quality is suspect. Not particularly good a vacuuming either. The brush system gets filled with hair very quickly and it seems to push dirt about instead of vaccuming. Looking forward to throwing it out.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Lildia

LildiaAU

Still going strong!

We had this vaccum since December 2016.
I will admit that within the first 3 months, we had a break down where a rubber ring came off? We got it repaired as it was still under warranty and have not had an issue with it since. We live in a house with 2 dogs, a cat, and children, it has managed the lot!

Pros:
Great as a daily run around vac
We use it on hard wood floors and hasn't left a scratch either.
The light on it is great as it highlights all the spots that need vacuuming/missed spots! haha.

Cons:
It is not good at sucking up between floor boards or getting a thorough clean like the dysons.
The hand vac is great, but none of the attachments are long enough/slender enough to get into spaces/gaps between and around things.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Jessica

JessicaBrisbane

Shocking waste of time

I bought this about 1 year ago, after 10 months it would just switch off after 5 mins. It had been cleaned and was well taken care of. I took it back and the store sent it to be repaired. 2 weeks later they gave me a brand new one because the other one couldn’t be repaired. After 10 months! - it couldn’t be repaired. I have been using the new one about 1-2 times per week and today while vacuuming the light switched of the suction stopped, brushes in the head stopped rotating- but it was still on! I have only had this new one for about 2 months, if that! I will be asking for a refund. I will now have to go 2 weeks without a vac, it’s a waste of time. Not happy at all.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Ruth B

Ruth BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Totally useless

Not happy. After paying $300 for this stick vacuum its suction is hopeless and just pushes the dirt around the carpet on any selection. I've emptied it, cleaned it all out in every part and it still doesnt suck properly. Taken it back to shop twice in 4 mths. A total waste of money.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

No stick vac is actually good, none of them!!

I’ve had three of them, Hoover Ultra Power being the last one and oh boy none of them is good!!! I wonder who invented them ever!! I’ll keep in trying though as if one ever comes good, it will be very useful. Hopefully these makers would one day come out with one thats worth the money you’re paying for it!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

No suction at all after a month.

When i bought it worked okay for almost a month and now it has no suction at all. Container is so small, u have to clean it after 5 min of vacuum everytime. Hairs gets stucked in its brush so have to clean it like after every use. But now i have no use of it because no suction after a month of use like literally used it 5 times in a month.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Mary. M

Mary. MMelbourne

Good for small areas

I like this vaccum, its light and great ergonomic handle. Great for my home, not suited for bigger homes. Can vaccum upto 45 mins without recharging like some. Has attachments for smaller areas, and a detachable hand held great value.