Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

• Product is used
    • Several times a week (9)
    • Weekly (3)
    • Daily (3)
  • Pet OwnerYes (10) · No (5)
  • Battery Life

Paul W.Palmerston, NT

Faulty battery.

Worked well for a year then the battery completely degraded, providing power only for 2-3 minutes maximum. I wouldn't recommend this to product based on the faulty battery, also I couldn't find replacement handvac/battery assemblies online.

Floor Type Tiles
Paul W.

Thankyou, so I rang the number for Hoover you provided and a message said the call volume is higher than normal, then it hung up.

I.H-C

I.H-CPerth, WA

Junk after 6 months

When I first bought the Hoover it was fantastic. Lightweight, easy to use, and it did a good job. I was very happy with my purchase.

Fast forward 6 months, and it is completely useless and won't pick up anything. $300 waste of money.

I bought it in July 2019, it's now March of 2020 and it's been junk for a while.

If you buy it, it'll start off well and then progressively get worse to the point of being unserviceable. Save your money and get something that'll last

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $280.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
shikera333

shikera333Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hoover 5022 worked well for 2 years but recharge is now effective for 10 minutes use

I purchased this Hoover 5022 from Godfreys 2.5 years ago and it worked well until about 3 months ago and since then recharge has become less and less effective indicating the battery is in the death cycle. There is no mention whatsoever in the manual as to what you do when the rechargeable battery no longer charges nor any mention of a replacement spare part in the form of the battery.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $299.00.

Floor Type Wood
Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac compares to other Stick Vacuum Cleaners

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

This vacuum is good but... only for few months!!

I bought this vacuum last year and have been using this only for few months after I bought it. Then it didn't suck, only the hand vacuum one did. Luckily I still got the warranty, I returned it to Godfreys for service and then it worked well after service but then it didn't work for the second time again.. and only using it for few weeks after service. I thought I bought this vacuum because its light vacuum and I live in 3 storey house. Wasted $300 for this crappy vacuum, then I bought $29 vacuum from Big W, it works well than the expensive one. I am very disappointed with this product, not cheap but not working well.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $300.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Hi Mel,
I would recommend taking the machine, and proof of purchase, to your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection under warranty, just to make sue there are no underlying issues.

Glenn P.

Glenn P.Palmerston, NT

Can't live without this

Bought this because we have a dog in the house and want to keep the house clean. Was always slack to vacuum before getting this, now everyone in house picks it up to vacuum. Does a great job, easy to clean, has a light for dark hard to reach spaces. Great battery life. Highly recommend.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $320.00.

Floor Type Tiles
Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy for quick cleaning

I purchased this vacuum with the sole purpose of using it in between thorough house cleaning. Happy with the purchase as it picks up dust very well. The in built light is useful to see all the dust particles. It’s a very light weight vacuum which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The only complain I have is the design of placing the hand vacuum in the centre which makes it difficult to reach to every crook and corner of the house. As per the battery it runs for about 40 minutes on full speed. As I use it in between vacuums the run time seemed sufficient. Used on tiles and carpets.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
SB

SBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

Poor suction
Hard to empty
Can't get into corners
Just pushes dirt around
Dumps what it has sucked up somewhere else in house

It is infuriating to use because it is so bad
Used mostly on wood and some carpet.

Purchased in July 2018 at Electrolux dealer for $250.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Perfect for our needs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $250.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
LoraineW

LoraineWSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good lightweight stick vacuum

I use this stickvac on the carpets in the bedrooms and it does a great job. It is very lightweight and easy to push. It has a long handle which is good for me as I am relatively tall and I don't find myself bending forward and putting pressure on my back. I have two cats and it manages to pick up most of their hair and nail sheddings. People with arthritic fingers may find unclamping the dust cassette difficult as it takes quite a deal of pressure to press on either side of the casing. I purchased the stickvac in June 2018 and it has not missed a beat.

Purchased in June 2018 at Godfreys Mount Ommaney for $29.00.

Floor Type Carpet

Bia

BiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Useful but not efficient

Battery time is plus and work good but do not pick up from corners of floor.
But in 2 yr warranty period I had brush head replaced three times. After 2 yrs the folding of stick stopped working. And now finally in 3 yrs suddenly the machine completely stopped working. I brought back to godfreys and is told i need to buy a new handheld part of it that may take weeks to come.
I wish I have had spent more and buy a good one.

Purchased in December 2016 at Godfreys for $250.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum and Tiles
Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Handy little creature

Best feature- the dust buster I use it for my mattresses and soft furnishings.
Be sure when you clean it out to remove the smaller filter inside the dust catcher as this gets clogged with fine particles and ultimately affects the suction of the cleaner.
I’ve had mine for 18 months and although I have a spare filter I haven’t had to change it as yet. No problems with it and battery life can get me a quick go over of my whole house.
It doesn’t have the suck of my Miele cat and dog but then I wouldn’t expect it to. It’s lighter and has less power. All in all I’m happy with my purchase. For $ 200 it’s good value.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys for $200.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Wood
Rosemary

RosemaryGreat Southern, WA

Love it

Light and easy to manouvre.
Excellent on wooden floor and also very good on short pile carpet.
Picks up everything including cat hair that conventional vacuum doesn't cope with.
Always charged ready to go.
Love it!

Purchased in March 2019 at Godfreys for $249.00.

Floor Type Carpet, Tiles and Wood
Christine S

Christine SMelbourne

Terrible. Pushes the dirt around instead of cleaning

This product can't even clean hardwood floors - would hate to try and vacuum carpet with it. Very disappointing! I previously owned a different brand of stick vacuum which lasted several years. Big mistake trying Hoover this time

Purchased in June 2018 for $299.00.

Floor Type Wood
Dee

DeePeel, WA

I love this vacume !

I purchased this vacume 6 months ago and I love it ... I have all tiled floors and was after something to pick up dog fur and bits from the grandkids.. .. the battery lasts around 25 min. It picks up dirt right to the edges of the floors and the light lets me see what I've missed . I like the rubber rollers ( many have just plastic,) it's great on my shag pile rug. It easy to pull apart and clean ... I tell my friends how much I love it and would recommend it to anyone !

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Mandurah for $299.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood

Doesn't last and not good for dog hair

This vaccume lasted me 1.5 years. It physically fell apart. It was an Ok vaccume picked up most things but horrible with dog hair especially on carpet. I have a smalI apartment so if it wasnt for my dog hair would have been ok. I would just invest another 150/200 for a Dyson personally.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

LeahJ

LeahJSydney, NSW

Great product! Recommend

Very happy with this product and recommend it. We live in a smaller (3 bedroom, 1 bathroom house) - that is mostly carpeted with some vinyl. Battery always lasts for us to be able to able to vacuum the whole house in one go. We also have a dog and cat - and this vacuum seems to be very good at picking up pet hair around the house. This product is very lightweight and easy to use, which is my favorite feature about it. The first one we purchased wouldn't lock in properly and kept collapsing, but the store replaced it and we haven't had an issue with the replacement.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
MaggiMay

MaggiMayPeel, WA

Great for quick vacuums

Bought this vacuum a couple of days ago from Godfreys and love it already.
Firstly, love how it connects to the charging stand and doesn't fall over like a cheaper one I had a while ago.
It's readonably quiet; gave me a good 40 minutes run-time and still had power in reserve.
The light at the front is great when vacuuming under the bed, too.
Would certainly recommend for an "in-between" vacuum, that would save getting out the large vacuum every time.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Noha

Nohasydney

Does the job

It's light weight and very easy to use on both carpets and floorboard. I can usually do the whole house (3 bedrooms) as quickly as 15 minutes, but only to be used for superficial dirt, it's not powerful enough to suck any deep dust, hence cannot replace the corded ones.
For me it's good enough and does what I need to do.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Terrible - waste of time

Have had to replace the head unit 3 times in 9 months. Brush stops spinning. Build quality is suspect. Not particularly good a vacuuming either. The brush system gets filled with hair very quickly and it seems to push dirt about instead of vaccuming. Looking forward to throwing it out.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Lildia

LildiaAU

Still going strong!

We had this vaccum since December 2016.
I will admit that within the first 3 months, we had a break down where a rubber ring came off? We got it repaired as it was still under warranty and have not had an issue with it since. We live in a house with 2 dogs, a cat, and children, it has managed the lot!

Pros:
Great as a daily run around vac
We use it on hard wood floors and hasn't left a scratch either.
The light on it is great as it highlights all the spots that need vacuuming/missed spots! haha.

Cons:
It is not good at sucking up between floor boards or getting a thorough clean like the dysons.
The hand vac is great, but none of the attachments are long enough/slender enough to get into spaces/gaps between and around things.

Date PurchasedDec 2016