Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (15) · No (12)
  • Battery Life
Bad product

Bad productGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No good.

I am sorry to give such a bad review of this but this thing would not pull the skin off a rice pudding. If you want this for dog or cat hair don't buy it. And the hand held part. Totally useless for anything. It may be ok for small jobs but I don't think so. Worst purchase I have ever made. Thankfully I still have the old vac. It may be old and falling apart but it is still 1000% better than this thing.

Purchased in September 2020 at Godfreys for $420.00.

Doesn't last

Agree with details of negative reviews here. Suction power was always questionable, and in less than 2 yrs, battery lifespan went down to 5 min, and quickly thereafter nothing. Was only told thereafter that battery life is approx 18mo to 2 yrs (ie just when the warranty runs out). Sending for inspection costs approx $60 and new battery approx $90. Who wants to do that every 2 years.

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $279.00.

Battery Life
ChrisL

ChrisLMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very poor design. Don’t waste your money !!!!

Am on my third machine. Very poorly designed. Initially purchased 2017. Died soon after purchase. Took many weeks to get assessed received new machine. Then April 2108 roller stopped working. Received new power head. Now will only work If going straight not to the right. Saw review Carl wrote which indicated wiring can get worn out. This seems to be the case in my experience with this machine. Have barely used over the past year as I purchased LG upright vacuum. So have definitely NOT over used machine. Only redeeming feature is the light.
Wiring needs to be better protected. But would definitely NOT recommend this machine. Really annoyed that I wasted $300.

Purchased in January 2017 at Godfreys for $299.00.

Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Diggy.

Diggy.Perth, WA

Poor performer and it only get worse

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for $299.00.

Prashant D.

Prashant D.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst StickVac in the market. Replaced Motorhead

I have been using this for just over an year and believe me I have replaced motorised Power head 2 times (1 Original and 1 more) and its broken again. So I have been asked to replace the power head again as there is no warranty. Unbelievable!!
Faulty design.

Battery life is good! Easy to use and does the job. But can't spend %50 after every 3 months on $200 vaccumm

Prashant

Purchased in May 2019.

LVV

LVVSydney Surrounds, NSW

Starts off great then goes downhill

I've had this for about 2 years - initially it worked quite well on my small house of mostly floorboards and tile. It is reasonably lightweight, easy to use and easy to empty. However, gradually over time, it lost power - to the point that now it won't work at all through the main head. I can only use it as a hand vac and even then its not very powerful. Because of the design, mess is only sucked up directly from under the centre of the device which makes cleaning corners and tight spaces impossibly hard. I was planning on keeping it just for the hand vac, but since you can only charge it when connected to the main unit, that isn't much help to me. I certainly wouldn't repurchase.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Christine

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with Hoover

I am truely surprised at the poor reviews of the Hoover Ultrapower Stickvac !
I have bought 2 and find that they are really great . Ergonomically they are terrific to use and manage to pick up so much dog hair
When the battery degraded I just bought the replacement part which was around $90 ? I think.
Not necessary to replace the whole unit . As good as any fancy and hugely expensive Dyson equivalent whose battery life I believe isn’t that much better

Purchased at Godfreys.

CarlGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

From good to inconveniently bad

I've had this vac for over 2 years and in that time, the head has been replaced twice! It's a faulty design. The wires that travel to the head become severed after a lot of use. Now that's it's out of warranty, the only solution i could find to prevent this from happening again is to tape the head to the stick in order to stop it from rotating..this is not ideal.
Secondly, the battery life becomes depleted to the point where it's no longer usable. Godfreys suggest replacing the entire motorised vac! Ridiculous and a waste.
I suggest you buy one like the ryobi or bosch that has a removable battery.

Purchased in October 2017 at Godfreys for $260.00.

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont waste your money!!

I use this vacuum on tiles and on a rug in my lounge room. It has trouble sucking up just a few crumbs. I do not recommend this product at all.

Product is usedDaily

Bill P.

Bill P.Sydney, NSW

Dont buy one.

Using on 2 x small low profile carpeted rooms. 2 x wooden floors and 1 x tiled section. 6 mths old and roller stopped again. Would be happy for a refund. Flimsy product and poor performance.

Purchased in November 2019 at Godfrey Blacktown for $299.00.

Jason

JasonHunter Region, NSW

hoover ultrapower stick vac

Used on carpets and is effective, the battery needs to be completely drained before recharging. If not the charge time will degrade to zero over 6-18 months.
Filter can be rinsed out by the outside hose and then let dry in the sun- then reuse. Alternatively every 1-2 years get a new one. I use this cleaner 3 times a week and now I know after a battery replacement to keep using it multiple times without recharging it should last a lot longer.
Owned since Aug 2018 and new battery July 2020.
Also clean out brush head at least monthly- hair really gets caught up in there.

Jason Newcastle NSW

Purchased in August 2018 for $299.00.

gyco

gycoPerth

Disposable item not worth the price of repair

Purchased in April 2019.

Paul W.Palmerston, NT

Faulty battery.

Worked well for a year then the battery completely degraded, providing power only for 2-3 minutes maximum. I wouldn't recommend this to product based on the faulty battery, also I couldn't find replacement handvac/battery assemblies online.

Paul W.

Thankyou, so I rang the number for Hoover you provided and a message said the call volume is higher than normal, then it hung up.

I.H-C

I.H-CPerth, WA

Junk after 6 months

When I first bought the Hoover it was fantastic. Lightweight, easy to use, and it did a good job. I was very happy with my purchase.

Fast forward 6 months, and it is completely useless and won't pick up anything. $300 waste of money.

I bought it in July 2019, it's now March of 2020 and it's been junk for a while.

If you buy it, it'll start off well and then progressively get worse to the point of being unserviceable. Save your money and get something that'll last

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $280.00.

shikera333

shikera333Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hoover 5022 worked well for 2 years but recharge is now effective for 10 minutes use

I purchased this Hoover 5022 from Godfreys 2.5 years ago and it worked well until about 3 months ago and since then recharge has become less and less effective indicating the battery is in the death cycle. There is no mention whatsoever in the manual as to what you do when the rechargeable battery no longer charges nor any mention of a replacement spare part in the form of the battery.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $299.00.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

This vacuum is good but... only for few months!!

I bought this vacuum last year and have been using this only for few months after I bought it. Then it didn't suck, only the hand vacuum one did. Luckily I still got the warranty, I returned it to Godfreys for service and then it worked well after service but then it didn't work for the second time again.. and only using it for few weeks after service. I thought I bought this vacuum because its light vacuum and I live in 3 storey house. Wasted $300 for this crappy vacuum, then I bought $29 vacuum from Big W, it works well than the expensive one. I am very disappointed with this product, not cheap but not working well.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $300.00.

Hi Mel,
I would recommend taking the machine, and proof of purchase, to your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection under warranty, just to make sue there are no underlying issues.

Glenn P.

Glenn P.Palmerston, NT

Can't live without this

Bought this because we have a dog in the house and want to keep the house clean. Was always slack to vacuum before getting this, now everyone in house picks it up to vacuum. Does a great job, easy to clean, has a light for dark hard to reach spaces. Great battery life. Highly recommend.

Purchased in May 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $320.00.

Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy for quick cleaning

I purchased this vacuum with the sole purpose of using it in between thorough house cleaning. Happy with the purchase as it picks up dust very well. The in built light is useful to see all the dust particles. It’s a very light weight vacuum which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The only complain I have is the design of placing the hand vacuum in the centre which makes it difficult to reach to every crook and corner of the house. As per the battery it runs for about 40 minutes on full speed. As I use it in between vacuums the run time seemed sufficient. Used on tiles and carpets.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

SMcB

SMcBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

Poor suction
Hard to empty
Can't get into corners
Just pushes dirt around
Dumps what it has sucked up somewhere else in house

It is infuriating to use because it is so bad
Used mostly on wood and some carpet.

Purchased in July 2018 at Electrolux dealer for $250.00.

Mercury

MercurySydney, NSW

Perfect for our needs.

Purchased in January 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $250.00.

Amyasked

I bought a hoover Air stick Pro stickvac 5223 in 2017 and then had a problem with dust getting clogged. bought another powerhead that was suppose to be an improvement 2019 but still a problem back 3 time then battery needed replacing and had a service 2020. Now has been back and forward because powerhead is faulty but NOW they say the new head won't fit my Air stick. It has been in the shop since December and January. It has cost me $668.00 and I'm lucky if I have 2years of use. It has just been used as a quick clean so not used a lot. I feel if they can't get a part give me a new one. Not very happy.

Hi Amy,
We are sorry to hear of the troubles you have had with your Hoover air Stick Pro! Can you please let us know what the repair number is so we can follow up your current repair for you?

275 7457 or 275 669

Hi Amy,
Thank you for your reply, however we were not able to locate the repair. The repair number is generally a 12 digit - do you have this? If not, please email through the name it was booked under and the store it was booked through so we can follow up:
E: customerservice@godfreys.com.au
In subject line of email - 'Case 462250'
Looking forward to your reply.

Joanna j

Joanna jasked

Hi, i was using the vacuum the other day and it just suddenly stopped with all the lights blinking. I tried to turn it on again and it didn’t and the blue lights just kept blinking. I charged it for a while but the next day it still didn’t work and it was still blinking. What can i do?

Hi Joanna,
We're sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your Hoover.
Please check and clean your filters, empty the dust canister and check for blockages. If you have completed this and the machine is still not working correctly, please take you machine, charger and receipt (if under warranty) into your nearest Godfreys store for inspection. The store will be able to advise your next steps.
Good luck with your machine!

Kaye N.asked

How to get the dust container of to empty the dirt out

Hey Kaye,
On your manual, please look at page 2 and 3, #12 is the canister release buttons, one on either side of the machine. You will need to pinch those grey buttons together and lift up and it should release the canister.
If you are having issues, you are most welcome to visit your nearest Godfreys store and they store staff can help you.
Good luck :)
The Hoover Team.

Kaye N.

Get an answer from our members and Hoover representatives

CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners and Handheld Vacuum Cleaners