Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (7) · No (4)
  • Battery Life
LVV

LVVSydney Surrounds, NSW

Starts off great then goes downhill

I've had this for about 2 years - initially it worked quite well on my small house of mostly floorboards and tile. It is reasonably lightweight, easy to use and easy to empty. However, gradually over time, it lost power - to the point that now it won't work at all through the main head. I can only use it as a hand vac and even then its not very powerful. Because of the design, mess is only sucked up directly from under the centre of the device which makes cleaning corners and tight spaces impossibly hard. I was planning on keeping it just for the hand vac, but since you can only charge it when connected to the main unit, that isn't much help to me. I certainly wouldn't repurchase.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Jason

JasonHunter Region, NSW

hoover ultrapower stick vac

Used on carpets and is effective, the battery needs to be completely drained before recharging. If not the charge time will degrade to zero over 6-18 months.
Filter can be rinsed out by the outside hose and then let dry in the sun- then reuse. Alternatively every 1-2 years get a new one. I use this cleaner 3 times a week and now I know after a battery replacement to keep using it multiple times without recharging it should last a lot longer.
Owned since Aug 2018 and new battery July 2020.
Also clean out brush head at least monthly- hair really gets caught up in there.

Jason Newcastle NSW

Purchased in August 2018 for $299.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Linoleum

Paul W.Palmerston, NT

Faulty battery.

Worked well for a year then the battery completely degraded, providing power only for 2-3 minutes maximum. I wouldn't recommend this to product based on the faulty battery, also I couldn't find replacement handvac/battery assemblies online.

Floor TypeTiles
Paul W.

Thankyou, so I rang the number for Hoover you provided and a message said the call volume is higher than normal, then it hung up.

Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

I.H-C

I.H-CPerth, WA

Junk after 6 months

When I first bought the Hoover it was fantastic. Lightweight, easy to use, and it did a good job. I was very happy with my purchase.

Fast forward 6 months, and it is completely useless and won't pick up anything. $300 waste of money.

I bought it in July 2019, it's now March of 2020 and it's been junk for a while.

If you buy it, it'll start off well and then progressively get worse to the point of being unserviceable. Save your money and get something that'll last

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores for $280.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Linoleum and Tiles
shikera333

shikera333Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hoover 5022 worked well for 2 years but recharge is now effective for 10 minutes use

I purchased this Hoover 5022 from Godfreys 2.5 years ago and it worked well until about 3 months ago and since then recharge has become less and less effective indicating the battery is in the death cycle. There is no mention whatsoever in the manual as to what you do when the rechargeable battery no longer charges nor any mention of a replacement spare part in the form of the battery.

Purchased in June 2017 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $299.00.

Floor TypeWood
Priya

PriyaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Handy for quick cleaning

I purchased this vacuum with the sole purpose of using it in between thorough house cleaning. Happy with the purchase as it picks up dust very well. The in built light is useful to see all the dust particles. It’s a very light weight vacuum which makes it easy to manoeuvre. The only complain I have is the design of placing the hand vacuum in the centre which makes it difficult to reach to every crook and corner of the house. As per the battery it runs for about 40 minutes on full speed. As I use it in between vacuums the run time seemed sufficient. Used on tiles and carpets.

Purchased in September 2019 at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
SMcB

SMcBGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

Poor suction
Hard to empty
Can't get into corners
Just pushes dirt around
Dumps what it has sucked up somewhere else in house

It is infuriating to use because it is so bad
Used mostly on wood and some carpet.

Purchased in July 2018 at Electrolux dealer for $250.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Handy little creature

Best feature- the dust buster I use it for my mattresses and soft furnishings.
Be sure when you clean it out to remove the smaller filter inside the dust catcher as this gets clogged with fine particles and ultimately affects the suction of the cleaner.
I’ve had mine for 18 months and although I have a spare filter I haven’t had to change it as yet. No problems with it and battery life can get me a quick go over of my whole house.
It doesn’t have the suck of my Miele cat and dog but then I wouldn’t expect it to. It’s lighter and has less power. All in all I’m happy with my purchase. For $ 200 it’s good value.

Purchased in December 2017 at Godfreys for $200.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Wood
Christine S

Christine SMelbourne

Terrible. Pushes the dirt around instead of cleaning

This product can't even clean hardwood floors - would hate to try and vacuum carpet with it. Very disappointing! I previously owned a different brand of stick vacuum which lasted several years. Big mistake trying Hoover this time

Purchased in June 2018 for $299.00.

Floor TypeWood
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Dee

DeePeel, WA

I love this vacume !

I purchased this vacume 6 months ago and I love it ... I have all tiled floors and was after something to pick up dog fur and bits from the grandkids.. .. the battery lasts around 25 min. It picks up dirt right to the edges of the floors and the light lets me see what I've missed . I like the rubber rollers ( many have just plastic,) it's great on my shag pile rug. It easy to pull apart and clean ... I tell my friends how much I love it and would recommend it to anyone !

Purchased in September 2018 at Godfreys Mandurah for $299.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
Saint

SaintBurnie

Dont agree with other reviews

Purchased in January 2019 for $320.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood