Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (1) · No (6)
  • Battery Life

Doesn't last

Agree with details of negative reviews here. Suction power was always questionable, and in less than 2 yrs, battery lifespan went down to 5 min, and quickly thereafter nothing. Was only told thereafter that battery life is approx 18mo to 2 yrs (ie just when the warranty runs out). Sending for inspection costs approx $60 and new battery approx $90. Who wants to do that every 2 years.

Purchased in August 2018 at Godfreys Physical Stores for $279.00.

Battery Life
Diggy.

Diggy.Perth, WA

Poor performer and it only get worse

Purchased in February 2019 at Godfreys for $299.00.

LVV

LVVSydney Surrounds, NSW

Starts off great then goes downhill

I've had this for about 2 years - initially it worked quite well on my small house of mostly floorboards and tile. It is reasonably lightweight, easy to use and easy to empty. However, gradually over time, it lost power - to the point that now it won't work at all through the main head. I can only use it as a hand vac and even then its not very powerful. Because of the design, mess is only sucked up directly from under the centre of the device which makes cleaning corners and tight spaces impossibly hard. I was planning on keeping it just for the hand vac, but since you can only charge it when connected to the main unit, that isn't much help to me. I certainly wouldn't repurchase.

Purchased at Godfreys Physical Stores.

Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Hoover Ultra Power 21.6V 2-in-1 StickVac compares to other Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Katie

KatieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont waste your money!!

I use this vacuum on tiles and on a rug in my lounge room. It has trouble sucking up just a few crumbs. I do not recommend this product at all.

Product is usedDaily
gyco

gycoPerth

Disposable item not worth the price of repair

Purchased in April 2019.

Paul W.Palmerston, NT

Faulty battery.

Worked well for a year then the battery completely degraded, providing power only for 2-3 minutes maximum. I wouldn't recommend this to product based on the faulty battery, also I couldn't find replacement handvac/battery assemblies online.

Paul W.

Thankyou, so I rang the number for Hoover you provided and a message said the call volume is higher than normal, then it hung up.

Mel

MelSouth East Queensland, QLD

This vacuum is good but... only for few months!!

I bought this vacuum last year and have been using this only for few months after I bought it. Then it didn't suck, only the hand vacuum one did. Luckily I still got the warranty, I returned it to Godfreys for service and then it worked well after service but then it didn't work for the second time again.. and only using it for few weeks after service. I thought I bought this vacuum because its light vacuum and I live in 3 storey house. Wasted $300 for this crappy vacuum, then I bought $29 vacuum from Big W, it works well than the expensive one. I am very disappointed with this product, not cheap but not working well.

Purchased in November 2018 at Godfreys for $300.00.

Hi Mel,
I would recommend taking the machine, and proof of purchase, to your nearest Godfreys store to be booked in for further inspection under warranty, just to make sue there are no underlying issues.
The Hoover Team

No stick vac is actually good, none of them!!

I’ve had three of them, Hoover Ultra Power being the last one and oh boy none of them is good!!! I wonder who invented them ever!! I’ll keep in trying though as if one ever comes good, it will be very useful. Hopefully these makers would one day come out with one thats worth the money you’re paying for it!!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Won’t last a year!

We bought this a year ago but has returned it twice as the rotable sweeper stop working. The return and fixing took at least 7 weeks. So in total we only use this vacuum for less than 6 months.
The customer service was quite friendly and helpful tho. Won’t recommend this to anyone unless you looking to purchase vacuum for six months only.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Handheld Vacuum Cleaners

Jill

JillSunshine Coast

Not suitable for rugs or carpet.

Suction is OK on hard floors, but there is absolutely no suction on rugs or carpet. I only use it for a daily tidy up and use my Dyson for the big weekly clean. The Hoover has a very small dust collection and needs to be emptied after every use and this is difficult to do if you have a small hand span. Probably should have stuck with my instincts and bought a Dyson stick vacuum.

Date PurchasedAug 2016