Hortico Weed Killer

Hortico Weed Killer Questions & Answers

35 questions from our users

Col B

Col Basked

Have used this on a garden bed where we have removed a hedge and invading grass. Very little remaining roots of either.......how long should I wait before planting new shrubs to this area?

Samuel Masked

Sounds like a common problem - instructions behind the pel off label have stuck together or disintegrated, and no instructions re-mixing ratio on the label or anywhere on the net. It shouldn't be this hard. What is the mixing ratio for Weed Killer for Buffalo Lawns please??

gingmo

Samuel M, the ratio is 5 - 10 ml per 1 litre. I'd advise you to use 10 ml to 1 litre of water.
I downloaded the Hortico weed killer 360 PDF a few years ago because the print on the label
was to small to read. Just don't apply if rain is forecast within 6 hours of spraying your grass.
Hope this helps.

Good one - thank you!!

Ralph

Ralphasked

I just bought a 1 litre bottle of concentrate, it says makes up to 200 l? what percentage of water do I need to mix with what % of concentrate??? it doesn't tell me on the bottle. thankyou

Jacob
Jacob

The label on the back peel away with instructions below. The ratio depend on what you want to kill.

Glenys

Glenysasked

Does Hortico 360 kill clover roots?

Susan D

Susan Dasked

what are the mixing ratios for making 5 litres

Tony V.

Tony V.asked

How long must I keep my dog away from weeds I sprayed with your product? Answer quickly please

Tony V.

Tony V.asked

When is it safe for your dog to eat weeds that has been sprayed with your weed killer

Mick M

Mick Masked

Is this product pet friendly?????

Anne H.

Anne H.asked

When can I replant after using horticulture weedkiller

Lindyklou64asked

Will it kill couch grass

Lindyklou64

Will hortico feed and weed kill couch grass

gingmo

Definitely, just apply 15ml of hortico 360 Weed Killer to 1 litre of water and spray.
If you're asking about Hortico Weed and Feed, it will only kill your weeds but will stress your couch or any grass for that matter, so be very careful with it especially in hot and sunny weather. If you only want to kill weeds then use a selective weed control such as Yates bindii and clover killer from Bunnings. Just read and follow the instructions.
Hope this helps out.

Laurie

Laurieasked

Where can I buy this product in Canberra

Halina S.

Halina S.asked

I sprayed Hortico Bindii & Clover killer (Hose On) on my Buffalo Turf by accident. Turf is suffering. Will it destroy my turf or will Buffalo recover.

Judy R.

Judy R.asked

Is hortico weed killer 360 harmful to pets

Deb

Debasked

What is the water per product ratio for hose on binndi killer??

Marilyn H.

Marilyn H.asked

I have an old style Buffalo grass lawn, my major problem is Sour Sob which comes up through part of my buffalo lawn every winter & is now in progress of dying back for the summer. It spreads at a very fast pace. Managed to dig out a very young one so I know what the root system looks like, with a very long tap root ending with a fine hair attached to a flat pear shaped dark brown bulb, tap root has side roots with many bulblets attached to them. So can't be dug out. I have a Grevillea in the vicinity of some of it.
Tried Slasher on part of it, knocked it over within the hour, has come back up a again, but not feeling happy, buffalo regenerating. Will your Weedkiller, suitable for Buffalo lawns help?
also Onion weed, will it work for that too. Have a lot, will putting it down the centre of the Onion weed work? Thanks for your help.

gingmo

Try using a selective weed killer such as Hortico 500ml Selective Weed Killer For Buffalo Lawns or Yates 250ml Buffalo Pro Weed Killer from Bunnings. Just read the instructions carefully.
If you use Slasher, Hortico 360 Weed Killer or Round Up, you will kill your lawn. You may have to be patient with this type of weed.
Hortico 360 Weed Killer or Round Up will kill onion weed, but it will also kill your lawn, Don't try pulling them out, seeds are attached to the bulbs and stay in the soil only to sprout up again. Hope that helps you out.

Adam S.

Adam S.asked

How does this compare to roundup and how long until you see results as it doesn't seem to be killing the weeds I sprayed its been 4 days I also used weed & feed on lawn and that seems to of started working already after 4 days when it says may not see results until upto 3 week ?

Rex H.

Rex H.asked

after mixing with water how long will it be active before it looses its strength to kill weeds

Linda Thomas

Linda Thomasasked

Does it kill clover

Big Alasked

I have all sorts of weeds in my buffalo lawn due to me being ill for the last couple of months of winter and not giving my lawn any care. Would Hortico weed killer be suitable if I just mix it in a watering can and cover the lawn and weeds. Regards

Voldemaras
Voldemaras

No, Big Al, Hortico weed killer is for getting rid of weeds around pathways, edges, and so on. So just pouring Hortico weed killer on your lawn will just kill everything - the weeds, the lawn; everything.

If you want to kill just the weeds and leave the lawn fairly much intact, get a "weed 'n' feed" type product and apply that instead.

Big Al

Many thanks for your comments

LIZ B

LIZ Basked

My diluting instructions have worn away.How much weed killer to use per litre of water