House and Land Design Questions & Answers

9 questions from our users

Rav

Ravasked

Hi,
Could you please help me out with the following questions:
1) How many years your construction warranty and your fixture warranty?
2) what is usually timeframe to build single story house?
3) how much is normally estimate difference between single and double story 4bed ?

Sri
Sri

Hi Rav, I would suggest you speak with Doug at House and Land Design.
www.hald.com.au

Hi Rav
Thank you for your inquiry, please go to our website where you will find all our house designs, inclusion prices, and warranty information.

Kristin H

Kristin Hasked

Does HALD complete major renovations to existing homes?

DJL
DJL

Hi Kristin,
I don't think that they do renovations even major ones. That is because they avoid complications and just do what they do best, and they do it well.
We spent quite some time looking at the renovate or rebuild option. To renovate our place was going to cost about $350k to knock down and rebuild was about $300k and we didn't need to compromise on design. We got the layout we wanted, 2.7m ceilings, all new plumbing and electrical.
We are happy that we choose to knock down and rebuild, but you do take a big breath when the excavator starts demolishing your existing house.
Regards,...David & Cheryl

Good morning Kristin,
Thank you for contacting House and Land. In regards to your question, our building company concentrates mainly on new homes as David and Cheryl has suggested. We unfortunately don't do any type of renovations at this stage.
All the best with your renovations, sorry we couldn't be of more help.

Rachel

Rachelasked

Hello, does HALD build in Clyde North Melbourne?

Hi Rachel,

Unfortunately we don't reach down that far for our construction sorry. As we're a Gold Coast based company we tend to go only as far down as the South Gold Coast area. Thank you for considering us for your house construction and sorry we couldn't further accommodate for the area you're looking at.

Regards,

HALD

PLM

PLMasked

Hi.

My mother wants to build a big single story house (around 400-500 sqm) which has a parent retreat with kitchenette.

Would you do a custom design/building?

Cheers,
Boram.

Hi Boram,

Thanks for your enquiry - I believe we are already in contact via email since this request. If you could continue to convey via email that would be great, speak soon.

steve

steveasked

Do you have French provincial style homes or facades?

Hi Steve,
I am sorry but we do not specialise in that style of house construction. All the best with your new house.
Thanks, Doug

charlie007asked

Hi, I wonder if you do extension (Brisbane south)? The existing low set brick house needs an extra living area, a bedroom and also extra toilets and shower. The total new space will be around 50 - 60m2.

charlie007

just add this: I am in the area only 5 mins from the house undergoing construction by House and Land Design.

Hald H.House and Land Design

Sorry Charlie we don't specialise in extensions so we are not really the right people for your job. Maybe you can check with the HIA and The Master Builders Association as they would know people in your area who do specialise in this type of work.

Thanks Doug

Nialloz91

Nialloz91asked

Me and my partner are first home builders. And looking at a few house and land packages.. has anyone any tips on what to consider before jumping into this

DaDi
DaDi

Yes - firstly you need to consider what your needs are NOW and then proceed to seriously consider what your needs will be in the FUTURE. How you want the house appointed, cheaper to do it now than in the future.

Hald H.House and Land Design

Firstly, we wish you all the best building your first home! It is an exciting and anxious time as you're not really too sure what to expect. The best advice we can give when looking at packages is to take your time looking over the inclusions and exclusions, to ensure that the price is fixed and you are getting what you want and/or need. Unfortunately House and Land Design don't have any packages available at present however if you find a block of land you are interested in, please feel free to send through the details and we would be more than happy to provide you with applicable costs that would be involved building on that land. If you have any further queries, please send directly to sales@hald.com.au

ADAM
ADAM

My opinion, #1, build quality, its a big investment,#2customer service and thru life support of your house,#3 value for money

Nicky

Nickyasked

Hi, Do you take construction of small child care center?

Hi Nicky,
Thank you for your query. So we can make an informed decision as to whether or not we can build a child care centre for you, can you please send through the plans to sales@hald.com.au and we will get back to you? We look forward to hearing from you.

danielhb

danielhbasked

Hi,
Can you please quote me 3r 2b home in Truganina, (Gateway)? Perhaps also 4r 2 b as well.
Daniel Read Ong
email.daniel.mxkl@gmail.com

Hi,I can't help you with this question.I think you may need to contact the builder about this.House and Land Design is the builder.

Get an answer from our members and House and Land Design representatives