Howards Storage World

Howards Storage World

See the Best Home Decor Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Jules

JulesIllawarra, NSW

Dont buy online

Brought coffee mugs for Xmas gifts online. Paid over $30 each, 1 was damaged. Took into store(40 minutes away) for exchange or just to exchange the lid to be told sorry we have nothing to do with the online store.
You need to send back to the online store
This was a Xmas gift and would not be returned in time.
Never again and do not recommend

Store LocationMiranda

wine rack return

bought a wine rack only to realise it will be built with our new kitchen Went to Bundall store where I purchased it from and advised I had lost the receipt. That is where it all went down hill as the sales person tuned out after that and didn't want to know about it. I am sure they could track the purchase which was 3 weeks ago. so lost 154.00 but lost a customer for ever. Not even worth one star but that is minimum

Store LocationBundall qld
Mrs Kensington

Mrs KensingtonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Shelving & Great selection

After studying the website, I went in store for a set of shelves - black frame, wood look shelves. Couldn’t be happier with them. The staff helped me measure & compare prices so I made the right choice. Although they’re quite tall, I assembled on my own no problem. Bought plastic bucket/ bins to fit, varying sizes. My local store had sold out, tracked down a few more over the phone in different locations. All the staff were helpful and willing to hold what I needed via a phone call until I arrived. Found everything I needed and more. Great selection of useful household essential bits n pieces. Sorry to see so many bad reviews. So great to have online & an actual shop to check the quality

Store LocationNunawading & Richmond
Karen

Karen

Appalling customer service

Purchased a product that did not function as it was meant to. Packaging was damaged I agree and hence not refundable. The customer service was rude and they did not apologise or say anything to retain my business and were only concerned that they couldn't resell the product

Store LocationHowards Storage Miranda Westfield

D.Wu

D.WuSydney, NSW

Very exorbitant prices. Staff not so keen to serve.

Similar item, brand and design compared to other stores, Howard Storage prices are over the moon. Bought a similar item from another stores in the same shopping complex, the price is half of what Howard Storage charge.
Staff are not very keen to help out.

Store LocationBig W Miranda NSW Aus.

Louie

LouieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Completely out of touch organisation

Ordered $7000 worth of wardrobe fit out including installation. Was informed I have to pay in full before job is scheduled. I said I was happy to pay 50% deposit and balance once installed. Their response it's company policy. I stated no one expects full payment for something that has neither been supplied or installed. No deal.... I'm sure your competitors love your policy, one is $7k better off due to your stupidity. Even worse is we are repeat customers...

Store LocationSouthland

Bad experience

I purchased a shower caddy at the end of November and it didn’t fit behind the shower head . Wasn’t able to return it until January 17 th and was told I could not have a refund or a credit note . I had to spend it in store straight away . The product was in original packaging with receipt .The women was not helpful at all ...she has lost me as a customer . Very disappointed as I like to support small chains , but what the point if customer service isn’t there !

Fudge

FudgeMelbourne

If you want good customer service then don't bother going to Howards, their service is appalling towards consumers. I want to purchase an item that had a clearance ticket on it and when I went to purchase the item was told that the ticket on the product should not have been there and that the store could not sell me the item - they did not offer a solution and I have now contacted consumer affairs. Extremely disappointed and would not recommend to anyone.

Service isn't equal to product range

I love the range in Howards and its usually the place I find *that* particular item that no one else has. However the customer service is non existent, they seem more interested in stock, paperwork and generally doing business with themselves. And don't place an order - I'm still waiting after weeks and no one seems to know exactly when it will arrive or why there is a delay.

Coolum

Coolum

Poor advice

Salesperson sold me extra fittings for an expensive bathroom shelf saying they would be needed on a tiled wall. Once I got around to fitting the shelf, the instruction leaflet clearly said these fittings were only needed on porous walls. I returned them but no sign of any apology for the poor advice - I should have just gone to Bunnings. Also no refund/credit as it was outside of their return policy date.

Should have checked Kmart first

I purchased a shelf unit from Howards Storage World for $249. A few days later saw one in K Mart looks exactly the same for $84.Unfortunately i got rid of the packaging so they were not interested.Howards said that theirs was better quality.I doubt it.Will not shop there again.

Lynne Salter

Lynne SalterMelbourne

Replacement bin lid.

I brought a 40 litre Brabenta bin several years ago and the plastic part of the lid had broken. Visited store to order a new one and was prepared to pay for a replacement lid but the young man I spoke to on several occasions at the Cheltenham store was extremely helpful and polite and asked me to bring in bin lid so the Rep could review when he visited store very 2 weeks. Although it took a few weeks I have a new bid lid with no charge. All throughout the process I was called and updated. Very happy with the service I received from the Cheltenham store.

Clay

ClayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Violated consumer laws

Tried to return an unfit for purpose product was told I was out of luck by the manager at the mile end store in Adelaide so now will need to go through ACCC to fit them

2 different pricing on same product

Bought a Chrome 90 cm towel rail at Rhodes for $64.95 and picked up a 2018 catalogue which shows price for the same item as $54.95 which I did not notice until I got home. called the shop and was told no refunds as the higher price is apparently displayed online and is correct. Thought you always got the lower price if there were 2 prices shown??

Marie N.

Marie N.Sydney

Customer service is hit and miss

Staff at the Rhodes store are ok. Different story in Macquarie Centre. I was served by a rude and patronising saleswoman who didn’t smile and kept talking to another customer while she was doing my transaction. Yep lady, you just made sure I never shop there again and tell any and all what atrocious customer service this shop has.

ange

angeMelbourne

Disgraceful service

Tracy

Tracy

Don't buy EVOVAC

Bought 2 EvoVac suction bathroom storage shelves,rang to return them the same day.Absolute rubbish, DO NOT stick to anything.Time wasted trying to install this piece of rubbish then had to muck around to arrange to send it back to get a refund.Finally, It wouldn't accept my login to post a review, took me more mucking around VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Arc

Arcperth

Value and exchange

Over the top prices for what is often bits of plastic & metal from China. Got burnt with a store credit not being honored because 'that' store had closed a few months prior.

Sarah

Sarahmelbourne

shocking attitude

I had a similar experience at the Nunawading store. I felt unwelcome by the aggressive manner. I ended up getting the product on line . Two weeks later I'm still waiting for the item.
I ordered carpet from the US and got it within a week and these guys couldn't deliver a simple product.

Christina Tregea

Christina TregeaQueanbeyan

Great Customer Service

We have been looking everywhere for Black DVD stands and finally found them on Howards Storage World website. Went in to our local shop at Canberra Outlet Centre and asked about ordering some. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Our stands arrived yesterday and they are perfect.