Hoyts

Hoyts (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hoyts? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Nooo
NoooPerth, WA

Your Vouchers Robbed Me, Twice.

Jessica Brooke
Jessica BrookeBelconnen 2615, ACT

unbelievable.

i was kicked out of a movie at hoyts belconnen by an employee named Max. he approached me saying that there were complaints that i was using foul language towards another individual. he asked me if i had said anything and i said no because all i said during the movie were a few words, asking a pair of girls to stop talking, which was at the start of the movie, and i was escorted out without the opportunity to explain the situation. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Sick of ringing to compl
Sick of ringing to complGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cancelled booking

I followed the instructions on the Hoyts website about cancelling my booking and it confirmed the cancellation a day before the movie so we’ll and truely within the cancellation period. It said the money would be returned within 3 to 5 days. It’s two weeks and I can’t even get a response from Hoyts. Poor customer service.

Joan
JoanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

No respect for seniors, more training for younger staff

Kay
Kay

Up your game hoyts Blacktown

What a unpleasant experience it was watching movie tonight firstly the cinema was so dirty and you telling you clean regularly because of covid on your ads what that load of crap. Then the movie was extremely loud it’s a health hazard when we complained they put the volume down but after the interval it was loud back again. My ears are painful because of the volume. When we complained the lady said Bollywood movie are always like that No it’s not I have seen lots of movies never experienced this loud. Had to put tissue in my ear to block the noise. I thought I was only one but no my husband felt the same and other ppl I asked they said the same thing.

Leisa G.
Leisa G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Norwood hoyts staff suck

Rude dismissive and avoided eye contact so they don’t have to serve
When I called out for service I was still ignored but I wasn’t when I became crappy about it

ChristineM
ChristineMAdelaide

Disgusting customer Service!!!

Had a horrible experience at Hoyts Bankstown than ever!

The staffs’ attitude were rude. Was it because of the crowd or because we were asian teenagers? We were exchanged only $10 from the $25 voucher because of the staff’s mistake and we couldn’t prove it so lost money:). Btw the screen is smaller than I expected and no staff controlled the chaos inside. Popcorns were terrible. In conclusion, this was the first and maybe the last time coming here, bad service.

msc
mscSydney, NSW

Disgraceful

When my family went to watch a movie it was a horrible experience. Every few minutes the screen would flash and turn black. Many of the good parts of the movie had no visuals, only the audio. they gave us free ticket vouchers as compensation but our day was ruined. Why couldn’t they just stop the movie? They did not refund the affected ticket holders for the food purchased at the candy bar. This is unacceptable. The lights had turned on before the movie finished, giving up on trying to fix it.

Over priced

$11 for a regular frozen Pepsi
$10 first a regular popcorn
$21 for a movie ticket, even more if you buy it on line.
Never again
I'll stick with my 70" TV from now on..
Total ripoff

Paul Canberra
Paul Canberra

Gambling ADs for Children are the new norm here!

lovely cinema, love going there, 1 star is for the disgusting Gambling ADs played TWICE to an Cinema full of young Children, WAKE UP! This is not acceptable! Teaching our Kids to Gamble is really not cool!

Dave
DaveSydney, NSW

Total waste of time, nothing in it, especially for seniors

Friday night at the Hoyts Broadway cinema, wait to buy a ticket with seniors card concession to be told you have to sign up on a machine that the door, wait on the queue, machine doesn't work well assistance is needed by staff. Get the card, go to buy tickets to be told you can only get concession before 5pm and the standard ticket going to cost $21. No way!

Kat
KatSydney, NSW

Hoyts Warringah Mall extremely bad service

Maria williams
Maria williamsSydney, NSW

The dry

Would not accept senior card, where are other cinemas do.
Half of the so called recliner chairs were broken or didn't work.
The place inside cinema 6 Bankstown Hoyt's was very dirty and it was only 10.00 am., insisting we were to wear masks until we got inside
But yet the place was dirty.
Would not go there again.

Won't extend movie vouchers

Bought 4 vouchers to see new Bond film with family. Movie release was delayed. Contacted Hoyts and asked for 6 months extension to voucher expiry. They said no in fairness to other customers. Makes no sense.

Absolute Ripoff

After purchasing two membership cards last year and used them once I now find out they have expired when I tried to used them, not only that but Pension, and Seniors cards are not accepted, the young guy at the counter was totally useless, so we paid $24 each, no wonder less people are going to the cinemas, I'm glad I didn't buy the expensive 99% water Coke or the Popcorn. We well not renew our membership and will stick to our 65" TV

BACON
BACON

Bad customer service

my friend and i went to see maleficent on a Friday night and as we were paying for the tickets the man who was serving said we cant watch that as we are underage, he started giving us attitude and was getting quite rude. so we went to another employee and asked if we could see maleficent, and she said yes. so we bought the tickets and watched the movie, overall the first person that served us was rude and wrong. make sure your employees know what their taking about and maybe give them a lesson or two on manners and attitude... thank you!

Angry Ant17
Angry Ant17AU

Hoyts Stafford Restrooms

The restrooms in this facility urgently need updating. I regularly attend this cinema and because of the coronavirus pandemic there are now signs in the restrooms regarding how to wash your hands and advising you to use airdryers or paper towel to dry your hands. The air dryers in this facility are totally inadequate and useless & there are NO paper towel dispensers to use. Taps are not automatic and to get out of the rerstroom after washing hands you have to open the door via a handle. Mega dollars have been spent recently on this facility including reclining seats which are wonderful and the entire shopfront and internal entry has been updated with bars, icecream shops and modern technology however the restrooms have been ignored.

Gift card rip off!

Had received a gift card from a work Christmas party when I tried to use it there were no funds available on it. After going back and forth through email with hoyts turns out the cashier had forgot to load the funds but the matter would not be resolved unless I provide a receipt. How am I supposed to provide a receipt for a Christmas gift prize? Idiots!!!

Steve
Steve

Totally and utterly ripped off

On the front of the bagged Hoyt's Black Pepper reads 100% Australian Owned Company. You guessed it the peppercorns are fully imported but they try not to import from China....yeah right. The ACCC should or whoever is responsible should look at this type of advertising. Not good.

Fleur
FleurPerth, WA

I have a problem trying to renew my membership. I've always paid for the $12 membership, trying to renew this year, they have upgraded me to the $50 membership which I don't want. The only contact is through the website to leave a query. I've done that on the 1st Feb, 6th Feb and still today tried the Head Office to only be told to submit online. Seriously is it really that hard to have someone help people out with their own product.

BenHunter Region, NSW

Terrible experience

Asked to leave as the seats had been oversold even though we were already seated 10 minutes into the movie. Got a refund but we drove 40mins just to see badboys for life. Basically kicked out with a refund. Manager was what looked like a 16yr old girl who just spoke jibberish with no answers and started to cry. I got cranky, security came and as i told them the story they took me to customer service to make a formal complaint and said they'd be angry too. Ill never use hoyts again, redding cinemas for me.
Edit. Now 4 days and nobody has contacted me. Greenhills is terrible avoid it at all costs. Go to redding cinemas they are so much better.

Ben

Been contacted by hoyts apparently it was all my fault and I shouldn't have reacted the way I did. BUT because I got a refund that makes everything alright. SCUM BAGS

peter k.
peter k.Northern Region, NSW

Hoyts olives

We used to always buy hoyts stuffed green olives and hoyts pitted kalamata olives in the 1.7kg jars, but they must of changed the recipe in the last 6 months because they taste horrendous now.

Gift card

I have a $50 Hoyts gift card given in recognition of good work by my employer. It expired on the 13/08 and none of it had been used in the 12 month period. I suffered a broken ankle and finger in this time frame. I asked for an extension and was told that there was a month's grace and that this had already been used up. I contacted them on the 16th January. I did hope for more empathy and am most disappointed. Most gift vouchers do not have an expiry date these days.

Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerHunter Region, NSW

Terrible customer service

After spending over $130 to watch Bad Boys for Life our food did not arrive at the half time ( 5.00 pm)mark as requested we used the button for assistance. Were told our food would arrive soon My husband meal arrived 10 minutes before the end and my food which was a ham and cheese baguette arrived 2 minutes before the finish of the movie . I declined the food as there was no time to eat it. Tried to ring multiple times to state my complaint but no one answered the phone so VERY UNHAPPY with the service I don’t mind paying if I receive good service but this was totally unacceptable