Hoyts

Hoyts

See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hoyts? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

EXPENSIVE

Very expensive. Couples combo is like $34 when at reading cinemas the same combo is only $17. The place is kept clean, the cinemas are huge. But I wouldn’t recommend going. It’s more worth your buck going somewhere else other then hoyts. Even theXtream cinemas are not recliner chairs. And I payed $28. I can get recliner chairs for $15 at reading cinemas.

BACON
BACON

Bad customer service

my friend and i went to see maleficent on a Friday night and as we were paying for the tickets the man who was serving said we cant watch that as we are underage, he started giving us attitude and was getting quite rude. so we went to another employee and asked if we could see maleficent, and she said yes. so we bought the tickets and watched the movie, overall the first person that served us was rude and wrong. make sure your employees know what their taking about and maybe give them a lesson or two on manners and attitude... thank you!

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE!!!

I feel as though the products are too expensive for the size and quality of them. There just wasn’t very much value for money. I could have gone to a different cinema and gotten a larger sized popcorn for a cheaper price. I think that you could improve by making some products slightly cheaper. Thank you.

Andrew
AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Late with information on session times

Hoyts don’t release Thursday times until late Tuesday. It would be great a few days earlier allowing you to plan ahead. Until then I may have to go somewhere else.

fel
feladelaide

Long time to join membership program.

The website is difficult and confusing to use. Wanted to see a movie that day so joined the membership program to get discounted tickets, but the email did not come through till nearly 24 hours later. Did not go to the movies, enough said.

Ann
Ann

HOYTS Cinema 7 Entertainment Quarter

The inside of Cinema 7 stinks. The seats are smelly and badly need cleaning. Popcorns in Hoyts EQ is old. We watched at 4:10pm - 20 April 2019. The only good thing is watching a good movie Shazam !

freomumsy
freomumsyPerth, WA

Cheapskates with staffing

Went to the movies on a busy Sunday. No discounts for Hoyts cards etc. queue a mile long as only 2 girls on and as well as ticketing they are supposed to make coffees for patrons etc. the queue was huge by the time we got our tickets. Poor staff, miserable employers.

Marg
Marg

Rip off prices

Middle of the day taking children to see Mary Poppins. No warning that theybwere only available as Lux. $30 a person .a kids movie in school holiday not available in an ordinary cinema. Would have cost nearly $100 for one senior and two children. Will avoid Hoyts in future.

Didn't benefit what I've paid for.

We watch bumblebee on particularly Extreme Screen expecting for better experience due to higher price paid, so really disappointed because the screen they didn't adjust to the extreme feature as what it meant to be. You can't tell any difference compare to the other ordinary screen but paying extra for nothing. Talk to the manager but his explanation is unacceptable, really hate the experience. At least the receptionist should tell you something ahead of time so i don't need to pay extra for nothing. Been there many time but this experience is really poor.

food served

Disappointed went to Hoyts Lux Stafford ordered pizzas & chips disgusting soggy, sloppy food given to us, binned it.
Don't mind paying for quality but that was just awful YUK

Eddie
Eddie

Good cinema. Poor food service/experience.

The cinema itself is good/okay. Very clean. They have Xtreme screen and reclining chairs that are great.
However, Hoyts never has good popcorn, so essential for a good movie session.
The popcorn ready in tubs is not fresh and will never be as good as if it was. And for the price paid for it, it should be fresh, and made with quality and care. (I am from Brazil, and we have great cinemas with fresh popcorn, and choice of adding melted butter on top, really good customer experience).
This could take hiring more crew, maybe. However, Hoyts' prices aren't that low and they sure are able to offer better customer experience.

Wendy
WendyMelbourne

Advertised Session times

Session times for Thursdays are not available till Tuesday nights!! And for "Movie of the Week", neither the movie nor the session is available till the Thursday morning! Ridiculous! Other cinema chains have their session times up weeks ahead. How do we make arrangements at such short notice? This is really poor practice Hoyts! I think they need to get new programmers! If they don't change the system they will not retain their customers. If I cannot see what is on a Thursday by Tuesday afternoon I will go to another cinema.

Ganton
GantonWestern Australia

Red glow from floor led affect view of movies

New cinema upgrades at hoyts carousel are a downgrade. Twice now the movies I viewed were spoilt by the floor led shining on screen especially in dark scenes of movies. They used a primary colour (Red) in the led. I have a advised staff, some downplayed the problem but one staff member said it had been reported but nothing could be done as its an electrical issue. I've been going to hoyts carousel for 10 + years not again until the issue fixed.

Lloydo
LloydoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Issues with two separate Rewards Cards from the get-go...

The first card, I paid for at the cinema. When I went to register it online, it said it was already registered. I emailed customer service, and found that it was indeed already registered, to a random email address. I got back to them with photo of card in original sleeve, that was two days ago...I still haven't had a response or resolution. I guess I need to go back to the cinema now.

My wife paid for the second card at the cinema, and when we went on to register this one, it wanted payment again - double-dipping. Another one to deal with back at the cinema.

Miss
MissMelbourne

Bullied by another film patron could not complain about it as you do not pick up your phones at Nort

I went into your Cinema's on Monday night to watch Jurassic World with my 2 boys and their cousins only to be intimated by another Patron a woman (Asian purple hair). She kept telling the kids to shut up if they laughed etc. I didn't want to make a scene in front of the kids but I am very angry at that woman and scaring my children while your staff checked and turned a blind eye.
I am disappointed with the experience as well as not being able to complain to the staff at Northland's, they have a contact number but don't pick up their phone.