Hoyts

Hoyts

See the Best Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hoyts? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jann
JannHunter Region, NSW

Rip off ticket prices

Took our grandson to see Spiderman. The only theatre showing it was Lux...$38.50/ticket! Couldn't disappoint him so we paid it. We've been in regular theatres whose seats have been equally comfy for FAR less cost. Got nothing else for our $115.50 charge. Not even a drink or popcorn. What a total ripoff!!! NEVER again. This is NOT a fake review, tickets shown...

Mirvat A.
Mirvat A.Sydney, NSW

So Dirty..

The pace was so dirty.. first when we walked in, we had to wait for 15 mins to get or tickets as there was a queue and only on person was in services.. then when we got our popcorn and drinks, waited for 15 mins as there was only one person too.. he looked like he don’t want to be there.. there was a drink spill on the floor and the whole place had popcorn everywhere..

K man
K manPerth, WA

Perth Carousel - some kind of stress test?

Angry Ant17
Angry Ant17AU

Hoyts Stafford Restrooms

The restrooms in this facility urgently need updating. I regularly attend this cinema and because of the coronavirus pandemic there are now signs in the restrooms regarding how to wash your hands and advising you to use airdryers or paper towel to dry your hands. The air dryers in this facility are totally inadequate and useless & there are NO paper towel dispensers to use. Taps are not automatic and to get out of the rerstroom after washing hands you have to open the door via a handle. Mega dollars have been spent recently on this facility including reclining seats which are wonderful and the entire shopfront and internal entry has been updated with bars, icecream shops and modern technology however the restrooms have been ignored.

Fleur
FleurPerth, WA

I have a problem trying to renew my membership. I've always paid for the $12 membership, trying to renew this year, they have upgraded me to the $50 membership which I don't want. The only contact is through the website to leave a query. I've done that on the 1st Feb, 6th Feb and still today tried the Head Office to only be told to submit online. Seriously is it really that hard to have someone help people out with their own product.

Nicholas M.
Nicholas M.Victoria

Review for three things

Chickie
ChickieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Too Loud

Why is volume up soooo loud?we are not deaf,but could be after watching the previews before the movie starts.I have put in a complaint with staff as the volume is excessive & invite other patrons to do the same,so they might turn it down,thank you.

Graeme
GraemeSydney

Hoyts Lux

We have always enjoyed Lux at Hoyts. Having not been for awhile we were extremely disappointed at the fact the Lux ticket was just as expensive with the new change of no refills of drink and popcorn. Seriously it is not worth the money and we will never return. Poor form from Hoyts.

Bean11
Bean11redcliffe

tickets prices good, food prices attrocious!

ticket prices are preferrable and chairs are much nicer! However 2x tickets are cheaper than 2x drinks....Not sure how they can justify it when 711/maccas sell the same drinks (frozen coke) for $1
will byo in future

Find out how Hoyts compares to other Services

Hoyts is great except for this one time....

We went out for a movie, to see crazy rich Asians. The movie was great but the service wasn't as good, the guy serving us was so gloomy and it cost $40 for 2 children to see a movie and a small popcorn. When we got into the cinema our seats were taken. Which meant we sat somewhere else (taking there seats) we felt so bad. I wasn't very impressed at all.

Jac
JacHunter Region, NSW

Offered free silver membership...cost 13.00!! Candy bar a total rip off

Offered free membership today...tried to sign up but cost 13.00. So read all the rip off reviews and wont bother. New complex in green hills is roomy, but the candy bar is EXPENSIVE...it was 10.60 for a medium carton of caramel popcorn and over 5.00 for water and over 5.00 for a small coffee...just such a rip off. Going back to my old cinema thanks

ben
benCurtin 2605, ACT

rebuild in woden act

reclining seats very comfortable but when seats are reclined screen is to low

male toilet sine is hiding behind a new pillar when looking from theatres1,2,3,4,5,

sound is mostly too high once had to go out and get an attended

Tracy
Tracy

Foot smell

Great reclining chairs until 3 selfish idiots in row behind thought they were at home and removed their shoes! Do we really have to remind people to keep their shoes on when their feet are raised to nose level? Apparently!!

Generally good but volume is too loud

I often go to the Hoyt's cinemas in Highpoint but there have been quite a few movies when the volume is just ridiculously loud. After the movie I couldn't hear very well. This definitely took my enjoyment out of watching the movie. The employees or managers need to make sure the volume is appropriate as I could see other people in the audience also wincing at the high volume. I enjoyed the overall experience however it is not good to leave your audience's hearing damaged.

Awful online booking experience

Redeemed two vouchers for Star Wars, and was charged an extra fee for Xtreme Screen (am ok with that).
Payment was cleared and charged to me, but an error occurred and no tickets were generated. The vouchers were redeemed so I cannot attempt to reuse them, and contacting Hoyts has been fruitless (long wait times on phone, no response via online help).
Update: Whilst the initial process was painful, support automatically kicked in and reprocessed the tickets for me. Would suggest faster communication of these sorts of resolutions.