MPN: HP-Y8H67PA

See the Best Laptops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good laptop for kids

I bought 3 of these for my kids 18 months ago and although they aren’t great they do work well for their purpose. They have next to no storage so not great for games but watching YouTube or Netflix and using Word etc they work fine.
Starting to have some issues recently with keys not working and little things like that but considering how cheap they were I’m not upset about this.

Purchased in December 2017 for $200.00.

This is the absolutely worst laptop I have ever used.

Cheap build, check.
No storage, check.
Space bar doesn't work properly, check.
Slow and laggy for everything, check.

Do not spend a single cent on this piece of garbage. I literally only use it for browsing / casting shows now, because it's so cheap and nasty, it can't even web browse well. Oh and Microsoft updates can't install because it has no memory. So every second time I use it, I get a notification about it. Awful, awful, awful!

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Performance

The notebook is unable to handle multiple applications well. It is a bit slow. It's ok for word processing and internet browsing. Storage space is good; size and weight is ok. It does the job so for the price we pay, it'll do. Not really expecting anything spectacular or extraordinary.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Decent laptop for its price

This laptop is ok considering the cheap price. Only thing I found is that there is not enough storage what with Windows updates, Facebook, hp shop supplies etc so luckily there is a micro sd card slot that will take up to 512 gb so for me personal use like browsing internet, facebook, online shopping, it does the job, I'm quite pleased with it. Comes with Windows 10, free first year subscription of office 365, Cortana to assist you. Only one con and that is that the spacebar button doesn't register sometimes when u push it which can be quite annoying if u type fast without looking at the screen and then realise you wrote a whole paragraph without spaces lol but apart from that it's a good, decent sized laptop.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Definetly good and bad aspects

I got this as i was after just a basic computer to play some games on, flick through facebook and on odd occasions type something up.
And its good for that.. it does those things.. but eventually..
It is soooooo slow. My home wifi is connected to 2 other computers and 3 phones, but this computer is so slow. This is my only negative aspect of this, however it is a pretty big one.
Personally the screen can become too small for my eyes and i find myself squinting, but thats my issue as i knew what i was getting when i bought it. It really is ok for a basic computer. It doesnt have much storage.. but it is so damn slow :(

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Can't even keep time.

It is just a piece of plastic pretending to be a computer. Unresponsive, can't even keep time...worse than the last guy I dated. I know it is cheap, but I expected it to function in a basic manor. I have to press really hard in the keypad to get a response. I can't open the windows menu half the time, then when I do, it shuts down randomly. It is amazing that this computer isn't floating down the Yarra yet.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Good budget pc

I bought this PC for my daughter last month and she loved it, good budget PC for students which have everything students need. PC had Bluetooth for connectivity, long battery life and also Microsoft office already and also free 3months anti virus. Overall the pc is highly recommend for students without breaking a budget.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Decent for the money.

I bought this laptop 2 years ago from officeworks I originally thought it would last me a couple of months until I could afford something better, however it has lasted 2 years and is still going. I use it for uni so just internet browsing and word processing mostly. It cost me 249 dollars from office works so it has definitely with it.

Date PurchasedMar 2015

Very Happy - Way better Than iPad

Bought this for travel
Is perfect for internet access in airports, good bright screen and nice white keyboard
Battery life very good, i have had 6 hours use without battery going flat
Only 32gig SSD drive, not a problem for me, just plug in a thumbdrive or SD card and memory expands
Really nifty full size HDMI output, great to plug in TV at hotel room and watch downloaded moves
Windows keeps trying to update with junk, so I switched off updates and just keep my virus scanner and malware scanner fresh

Date PurchasedSep 2016

DO NOT BUY

Bought this laptop from officeworks for $238.It has 2GB memory and 32GB HDD.Perfect I thought for criusing web and emails! Well it has a mind of its own.It turns itself off and cannot be turned on again until hours after it has rested! Totally unreliable and not fit for purpose. Very wary of buying HP again! Did get a full refund from Officeworks 2 days after purchase.

Is there a hard drive upgrade available for this laptop? I have windows 10 on my machine (19 GB) and three other programs (4GB). There is not enough room left on the hard drive to down load the latest update for windows 10 Windows 10 rrequires 8 GB spare to download and instal an upgrade. Very frustrating. Will appreciate any help. My laptop is just 12 mths old
Not that im aware of, no. Your right it is very frustrating. Im just using a usb stick for anything that I now download. Its not very practical, but it worksNo, the hard drive is not upgradable, the only thing you could do would be to buy a micro sd card and move your three programs (4gb) to the micro sd storage then you will have enough space to download the update, with me I got a 64 gb micro sd so that any program/app I download I put in my micro sd storage and just keep the internal storage for the updates, hope this helps.

CategoryLaptops