HSBC Everyday Global

HSBC Everyday Global

See the Best Transaction Accounts in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for HSBC? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Ease of Application
  • Rates and Fees

Cancelled card when taking cash out overseas

Got this card to get cash out while in the UK for a year before starting job. They put a temporary hold on the card after using it to get cash out a few times. They can't remove temporary hold and have to send a new card in 10-14 days. Failed to inform me of the temporary hold until doesn't work at ATM. How about a phone call to question the transactions as I updated my contact details with you. In other news, app is terrible, worst I have ever used, they take an extra % when U transfer to one of the everyday global currencies in your account and then take out from there so not really worth it unless u thing currency values will be up and down

Ease of Application
Ric
RicSydney, nsw

Sign-up Procedure Obtrusive & Painful

Applying for a HSBC Everyday Global card is akin to jumping through as many hoops as you would go through to get a home loan. They asked me my place of employment, how long I live at previous addresses, to have a document signed and witnessed by a power of attorney etc etc etc. I put this one in the too hard basket, I will be happy to pay the small % other cards charge me for the ease of signing up for the service.

This is the worst product I have ever used

I wish I could rate less than 1 star. I have GBP loaded in the account which doesn’t let you withdraw when your are in the UK. When you try to call customer service they are very unhelpful and can not resolve.

Lloyd F.
Lloyd F.Northern Region, NSW

Visa debit card doesn’t work

Got this debit card in Australia to use overseas. Now over seas and discover the card is apparently faulty. I’m now stranded in Bahrain and unable to get cash using the card. Will be cancelling Hsbc account as soon as i return to Australia. Do not open one of these accounts.

Find out how HSBC Everyday Global compares to other Transaction Accounts

HSBC international debit card doesn't work

I got this card here in Canada so that my daughter could use it while living in Australia - pay rent, withdraw cash, make purchases. Now that she's attempted to use it in Sydney, it's been declined in every store she's been to. The HSBC help line tells me that as it's an international card, the Australian retailers' machines probably can't read the card!! I am having a real problem understanding why I'm hearing this now. I was explicitly told she could use it anywhere in Australia despite having acquired it here in Canada. It would have been just as easy to stick with a Canadian bank debit card for her.

Nicky
NickySydney, NSW

HSBC Global Account blocked many times

Checuaras
ChecuarasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dear God just kill me now

My experience with HSBC has been terrible from start to finish. Even the process of getting access to online banking has been more painful than giving birth, which i have done twice. The level of security checks and activation codes required feels like it is an attempt to dissuade you from using their service, the Customer service is full of waiting, even to register an activation code to actually be able to log in to an online banking account required me waiting on hold for five minutes. The process of getting a loan took no less than 2 months! Its disgusting. I really was so close to pulling the pin so many times and they are only too happy to cancel your application which really cements my belief that they do not actually want customers.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Miss L
Miss L

Terrible customer service and not helpful

The Hsbc and the woman behind the counter are giving two different policies. Two many paperwork’s required to open a bank. This is 21st century!!!! Basically just happy for me to walk out the door without helping out or offering suggestions. Provided passport and utility bill as per what they required online. Went to branch in Southport being told its not enough.

Stephen
StephenSydney, NSW

A THIRD World Local Bank

2019 already and these guys still having their mindsets back to 80s.
With almost everything can be done online these days for almost all banks.
And this, the "Third World Local Bank" still requires you to complete a hard copy FORM and then either send or fax it back to them for a simple Daily Withdrawal Limit increase from AUD $1000 to AUD $2000.
It's such a disgrace.

Dan
DanSydney, NSW

Awful Customer Service - Dont Trust the Card will work

I had two of these accounts with HSBC and the service was awful. I lost my PIN and it took 4 days for them to issue a new one as apparently that is how their systems work. Overall, pathetic customer service. Stick Clear!

Jubun5
Jubun5Perth

Poor customer service, system errors, lower exchange rate

Tommy
Tommy

Card blocked midway through holiday