HSBC

HSBC (page 2 of 19)

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME

Absolutely the worst company to deal with. I could of got a home loan sorted in the time frame it took to approve a credit card. Over 2 months wait to just get a update on the status of my application.

TopicCredit Card Application

Hossein

HosseinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Home loan

I switched to HSBC as the home loan process was so fast and smooth, Thanks to Mortgage choice (hoppers crossing) , my home loan refinance was hassle free and saved me a lot.
Very happy with their product and serivces

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

homealoneCanberra 2600, ACT

Horrible customer service towards new customer who wants to open an account

homealone

We went to ubank instead, 5mins online application, 10 mins in post office to verify the identity, the next day ubank account is fully operational! What a shame, HSBC!

berzy

berzy

disgraceful customer service

Wish i had read these reviews before i joined HSBC they are all true. presently waiting for a complaint
to be addressed and its impossible to speak to someone who can help. Two weeks now and just
received an email to say sorry another ten business days. The customer service is dire. You have been warned stay clear of this bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Jin

JinSydney

They are most inconvenient and time consuming service

We refinanced our house loan with them. They are by far however the worst bank I have ever dealt with. Card wasn't activated despite talking on the phone for 20 or so minutes, when we received our new card, it didn't work and HSBC couldn't identify why. Their service in general is poor, time consuming and inconvenient. Their password system is complex and requires multiple codes to be enter to make transfers. No thank you. And would not recommend to anyone.

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions

honestly

honestlySydney, NSW

Horrible

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Tareq

TareqSydney, NSW

Employees don't work and misguide customers

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Extremely poor service

dav7im

dav7imSydney

Banking... at it's Worst

HSBC operators seems that they don't want to learn from their mistakes with past complaints and it seems that they don't really even care as they're the "world's local bank", for the second time i called inquiring about my partner's account and they've told me that she needs to talk to them in person, can i ask what's the point of the authorization letter that we've done for three times in the last 12 years or so? i asked the operator if there is a supervisor to talk to and she couldn't find one, that explains how great is this "world's local bank" and it's a shame that i gave them one star because they don't even deserve it
HSBC... you keep proving that you are one of the worst Banks in terms of services and policies

eldho

eldhoPerth, WA

excellent

I have been assisted with a customer care person "Wani" to solve an issue with my money transfer.

She was very much patient and ready to listen what was my concern . sorted the issue .

She got a good manner what a customer expecting from a bank.

She will be an asset to which establishment she is working,

Much appreciated.

eldho

Lihny

LihnySydney, NSW

Terrible online banking and service, stay away!!!

Ellen

EllenSydney, NSW

Disappointed and frustrating

customer service was rude in dealing with my inquiry. I had a basic question about my statement and the outstanding balance being less than my statement. and she wont entertain me until i pass security questions. i passed some but other questions i cant remember some of them. but my question is very basic and to be honest she doesnt need to get into my account to answer it. she kept pushing me away and wants me to hang up the phone. im wanting to payout my loan and this is the kind of attention im getting. these customer service personnel need to trained on how to speak politely to their customers and know which inquiries warrant a security question or not. So disappointing!!!

Superdooper

SuperdooperSydney, NSW

Banking Nightmare

Simply said keep away. If you want a good saver interest rate use a small bank with simple clear conditions. HSBC will pass you around if you have any issue and apparently simply hope you go away seems to be their customer relations strategy. Basically they make the terms and conditions of the Serious Saver account we used so onerous and totally lacking in transparency you will 50% chance end up losing at least a month's interest. Head to their terms and conditions (won't help) When describing interest qualifying criteria they literally use words like "generally" and "may".

Old Woman

Old WomanSydney, NSW

Very disappointed for such well build looks but poor service and efficiency

Dangles

DanglesNSW, 2340

Not allowing me to access MY money

I forgot my user ID etc & had to reset my password, after 10 mins spelling my name out to the operator, as he couldn’t speak English well. He wouldn’t help me with my account, so I told him to send me a bank cheque with my money & close the account, seen I can’t use it. He then turned around & said, “NO” we can’t do that.

FACT: You CAN’T keep my money, if I owe nothing, I hadn’t use my account for awhile & left my money in there. It’s My money NOT HSBC

Chris T.

Chris T.Sydney, NSW

HSBC- Loan experience ok but with extremely poor mobile banking and poor branch service

Been with HSBC for a couple of years now and decided to close accounts mainly because of the poor internet and mobile platform. Opening an account was easy as, but closing it.. well.. let’s just say it took quite the effort and frustration.. would not recommend using this for day to day banking, just for loans.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Jennifer

JenniferSydney, NSW

Bad service due to staff not able to converse properly

Cathy

CathySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute rubbish

RUBBISH. Took 2 weeks to open our account. Then I received an email telling me to click the link to register for internet banking. I clicked the link and entered details. It said Internet banking is not accessible. I called customer service and they said my profile has not been set up, and this may take another 48 hours. Will be closing the account before even using it. Timewasters.

Simba

SimbaSydney, NSW

Hopeless Bank

Application forms for Credit Cards is one painful process that usually results in failure due to a system that does not work.
A confusing document submission process and this bank insists on faxing document. I was given a link that did not work 3 times and later told to fax the documents. In 2019 who still uses fax?
The customer service is horrible, no feedback, if you phone all answers are scripted you will never get a straightforward answer.
I am closing my savings account. I should have checked reviews here before burning my credit score.

TopicCredit Card Application