2016 and 2017

Battery problems

Bought phone in the middle 2017 so around 20 months,the phone goes flat in 3 hours,turn the phone off and the battery still discharges.phone on charge the whole back case is hot,phone not charging back off phone is hot,battery not discharging as it should,was going to buy the gr20 pro,now I'm not,looks like Huawei us a crap brand,just another waste of $400

Purchased in August 2017 for $400.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

You get what you pay for.. don't pay for it.

This phone would be okay for those who only need it for texts and phone calls but anything else don't bother. It's incredibly slow and crashes often. I don't feel I've overloaded this phone either, I regularly use only a couple apps and the camera, that's about it. The camera can take several long and painful seconds to fire up (I have even counted to 10) so if you're trying to quickly catch a rare moment in time you can bet this camera won't get it. The software updates are frustrating, they change things around unnecessarily and remove wallpapers. It appealed to me because it was cheap but it's just not worth it. I'll be replacing it soon.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Do yourself a favour, buy a Huawei and save your money from iPhone and Samsung!

I have no phone debt. I paid cash for this phone, it was so affordable and then I saved even more money by purchasing a 365 day pre paid Kogan plan. Don't be in debt to a phone, these Huawei's do the same job as my old Samsung. This phone has been great to use, has a great camera and system, battery is still good, I've had no issues and can not recommend it highly enough!

Brought for my 2 sons

Takes awesome photos, boys love their phones everything is great. Easy to use, clear to see what’s in the screen, good settings. No problems with calls, msging & apps. Was very close of getting one for myself but to use of what I have. Can’t fault it. Wish it was apple n not android. Perfect phone!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Please don't buy this phone

Bought this in 2016 about the time it came out here. I was looking for a fairly priced smartphones the the time and the store attendants recommended it. I thought it was a decent phone at first but I've nearly lost it a couple of times over how SLOW this phone is. It constantly "hangs" even while performing the simplest of functions such as texting. The memory is woeful having a mere 10GB, I constantly have to delete stuff.
This is an ok smartphone if you're on a budget and looking to upgrade soon after but it's no replacement for the top brand smartphones like the store attendants pegged it to be.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

i love this phone

I love this phone because when i bought it at Harvey Norman it was the last one left and when i started using it i found so many amazing features that it has i cant get over using it because it has everything i need and if i was to rate it 10 out of 10 it would be a 100

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Great Phone

Had this phone for around 6 months... Love it...
Cost $315 from MobileCiti with free postage.
Has 2 cameras, dual sim, 32Gb. 4G. 14.5cm x 7.1cm x 0.7cm.
Lovely & thin. Works perfectly. Only problem is you can only buy screen protector & covers online not in store.
Would recommend this phone to anyone fooking for a high quality device. Would buy this phone again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

A total dud

Purchased unlocked Huawei GR5 from Australia Post East Victoria Park WA on 12/06/2017 at 3:03pm for discounted price of $399.00 (Outlet ID : 643057) (Receipt number : 0128927) Appeared to be a quality phone packed with many features. GR5 was a letdown notifications didn't work text messaging settings would disappear touchscreen is hit and miss. GR5 had many useless functions. Twin speakers are a con only right side speaker is real. Huawei phones can suddenly lock up displaying an odd message leaving you stranded. I replaced it with a cheaper temporary phone and threw the GR5 in the rubbish bin where It belongs.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Great phone!

love this phone had it for a year now works great and does everything it's meant to great bit of gear!
product just last forever and never get any issues!

Would recommend this product to any friends or family who are looking for high quality equipment for themselves.

thanks dan

Date PurchasedMar 2017

The phone looks great

The phone looks great, very thin and lightweight, works quite good for the design, has two cameras and dual SIM, no lagging or another issue. Just for $375 dollars and I am really glad I have this phone. I will recommend my friend to buy this as well. Fabulous phone for me.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

cheap on price but high in quality

I have been using Iphone for 5 years, feel bored about it and the price is constantly increasing. Then, I bought my GR5 in 2017 for just $400, it is very cheap to compare with my previous apple phones, 5.5--inch display plus 32 G internal memory, now I put a 32 G SD card inside, 64 G in total. It is a nice phone and worth to buy

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Best bargain

I've had my phone for 3 months now and it's absolutely great. At first I wasn't sure about it because of how cheap it was. But now I have no regrets. It barely lags (only when I use snapchat). The back camera is great, although the front camera can improve a bit. Other than that I have no complaints.
It is definitely worth its price!

Great phone, great price

Thus is a fabulous phone for the price. Great photos and does everything my Samsung s7 did only it has two cameras and dual SIM.
The only reason it didn't get 5 stars is that there is a lag when I answer calls. The person on the other end of the phone can't hear me for about 20 seconds

Date PurchasedJul 2017
My phone has stopped lagging so I would give it 5 stars now.

Great entry level phone with superb camera

Was told by the Vodafone store that this phone is one of Huawei's entry level phones, but having used it for a few months i find nothing entry level about the functionality and performance. The phone has a slide out compartment with two slots. You can either put in two microsim cards, or one microsim and one sd storage card. The highlight of this phone is the impressive camera function. It's got bookeh function and a range of other photography settings. The photo quality is good enough for basic album prints so I've been able to bring just my phone when travelling, and leave the camera behind.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent phone at an excellent price

I bought this as a replacement for my wife's phone, which was an old, highly customised (custom rom) Note 3.

The screen is bright and large, with good definition and colour and the camera is excellent - both points of importance to her. The fingerprint reader on the back is fast and accurate. A definite bonus is the inclusion of an FM Radio (and, by implication, a headphone jack to use as the antenna) and the memory can be expanded with an SD card.

It also comes with a factory installed screen protector and a simple but adequate case - something few other manufacturers include. The battery is non-removable but large and easily gets through an entire day with plenty of use.

As soon as we had it setup, the latest security and O/S update became available and installed without a hitch.

It doesn't have USB-C or wireless charging, nor is it waterproof, but for $400 is very good value and, better still, we got it for $300 at Big W - well worth a look.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
My wife was so pleased with this phone that we bought another for our daughter to replace her aging S5, even though we had to pay full price ($399) it still represents excellent value for money.

This perfect! it has an amazing camera.

The phone has very good back camera.
The battery performance is very good. You can excessively use all features of the phone form GPS navigation to making calls and listening to music and the battery will lest for the whole day.
It freeze some times and the GPS reception is not so good.
Overall, it is better than what you expect form a budget phone.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

good phone

I bought this phone because of the large screen ,i realy like the camera ,the phone is so simple to use and is a great price ,would recommend this phone i am buying a family member this phone as the screen is big and is good if you do not have good eyesight

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Huawei GR5

I bought this Huawei GR5 online at shop zero I bought it through after pay which you pay off over 8 weeks which was perfect for me $98 a fortnight was so much easier than buying a phone outright it is one of the best smart phones I have bought it has a 3gb ram and 32gb memory which is great for the price. thank you to shop zero for a fast easy transaction.

Date PurchasedJul 2010

Love it

I love I love the large screen it makes it easier to use for someone,who has a bit of difficulty seeing. I'd never go back to a small screen. it has an excellent camera both front and back..heaps of memory and loads quickly. Can not fault this phone. I love it

Date PurchasedSep 2007

cheap and good phone

I have been using the Huawei GR5 for around a few month now and its a cheap but good phone. no problems so far with good sized screen. The Huawei GR5 is very good for the price and nice, clean designed. I will be likely to recommend this phone to others.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Hi I am buying a Huawei gr5 and the lady says it's dual sim does that still mean it accepts an Optus sim?
It means that the phone supports two sim cards

A pop-up message appears to my video camera telling that google is now recording sounds or sort of , with "OK" option . and it does not go away with choosing okay and keeps pop-up. What do you think shall I do?

does phone have snap chat, instagram?
No, you install that stuff yourself from the Play Store!You can download any apps that you like from Play StoreDon't Download TOO MANY Apps. And remember to occasionally DELETE THE DATA on the Apps. Go to 'Settings' / Manage Apps (listed under Apps) / and select the App one at a time, and Delete The Data. Take Note though, that any History on that App will Dissapear from your Phone, and you'll also have to Log In again. It won't affect that App on your Computer/s. I'm not sure about any Device that is Synched with your Phone: Thats why I don't like SYNCH..

GR5 2016GR5 2017