Hug-a-Bub (page 3 of 3)

Organic, Original, Organic Lightweight, etc...

SarahJ15

SarahJ15

Good

Once you get the hang of the putting it on you will have a great way to settle your baby. As mentioned it is great for reflux discomfort. Resell value is high.
This is a great wrap for both mum and bub. It is the only carrier/wrap that has not given me backache within an hour. I am able to wear this for a few hours.
Practise how to wear the wrap before you go out. I also put it on before I leave the house and then I just tighten it before placing bub in. A mirror or reflective window is also helpful when placing bub in.

Good

Very satisfied with its performance. She has outgrown her hug-a-bub but will keep it for my next one !
Extremely helpful, we travelled overseas with our 40 days baby, she sleeps in the hug-a-bub during checkins and checkouts and as soon as we're in the aircraft we don't need much space to store it. While overseas we put her in the hug-a-bub everytime we travelled to a new place, eg night market, shopping centres. It was great.
Material can be quite uncomfortable after prolonged period in tropical condition.

Firsttimemum

Firsttimemum

Baby Carriers

Find out how Hug-a-Bub compares to other Baby Carriers

Angel

Angelasked

Hug-a-Bub

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked

Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 5 Hug-a-Bub