Hug-a-Bub (page 4 of 12)

Organic, Original, Organic Lightweight, etc...

• Safety

Bronte C

Bronte CSOUTH BRISBANE

Love this - easy to use once you're shown how

Agree with all the positive reviews. Also, want to add I got fast shipping / delivery. Rang Customer Service to ask for help - as I was a bit confused when putting it on first time. Staff sorted everything out with me over the phone. Helped me figure out how to put the wrap on safely and snug. I was confident from the first time I carried bub in the wrap, now I don't use anything else. Customer Service staff also gave me you-tube video instructions, I saved them on my phone. So easy.

Loved it!

Loved it for both my two kids, was particularly good for newborn Bub with 17month old toddler so I could put one in the hug a Bub and carry the other. Bit warm in summer but lovely in the aircon, took a while to learn to put it on but felt so secure and safe once on.

Mollymum

Mollymum

Too tricky

I'm not talented enough at origami to make the Hug-a-Bub work. It was really difficult to tie in and couldn't get it firm enough to hold my baby safely. I know someone who really loved it but it wasn't right for me. I'm trying to sell it on gumtree. I've have better luck with the Bjorn One.

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Excellent for new borns

Loved my hug-a-bub with my first baby. Took a little bit to figure out the wrap but after we got the hang of it it was brilliant. Baby slept best in the carrier and it's so soft and snug. Comfortable to wear and you have two hands free which is a lifesaver. Looking forward to getting it out for our next one.

Best beginning

Hug-a-bub is an easy and excellent way to share essential bonding via skin to skin with a newborn baby. I carried all three of my babies and only discovered Hug-a-bub for my third baby - I wish I had used it for my first two as well. I loved the softness, the support and the fact it was an Australian and organic option.

Best buy ever!!

Saved our sanity on numerous occasions! Gets you hands free and calms bub down allowing you to do whatever it is you need to do, whether shopping, housework or just sit and have a cuppa!

Great for when bub was unsettled and needed a cuddle. Easy to breastfeed in too with many alternative wrap positions.

Yelleg

YellegGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for babies.

I found the Hug a Bub great to use for babies. Really keeps baby close and fabric was soft. Easy to clean. Great instructions on how to use it. Takes some time to get the hang of putting it on but overall it doesn't take long to master. Would recommend.

Awesome for plus size

I loved it.
Im plus size plus had a baby who was very clingy and this was amazing.
Love the fact you can choose extra fabric for if youre a bigger size.
Would definitely recommend to everyone.
Can still use it for my 12 month old now and am keeping it for if i ever have another one.

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

Comfy but hot and easy to put on wrong

Fantastic wrap. My newborn loved it. Great for tiny babies because it's so soft and comfy. Only problems are that it's very hot in warm weather because the thick fabric goes all around your body and I also found it was easy to have the back strap parts twisted which made it less comfortable. It is easy to make it too tight or too loose which gets annoying if you're taking it on and off a lot...and it takes a good few minutes to put on which feels like ages if bub is crying.
Overall though, I really liked this carrier. I would recommend it for young babies in particular as they seem to be less suited to it as they get bigger.

Life Saver

I was struggling with a new-born who suffered from reflux and would not be put down, it was getting to me as I like to be active around the house and with walking the dog etc and I was beginning to go a bit stir-crazy. Purchasing my hug-a-bub when my little girl was 1.5 months allowed me to meet the needs of my bub while allowing some normalcy to return to my life, great for my health and mental state. The hug-a-bub came with easy to follow instructions and I was able to master its use with only a couple of quick practice ties on a doll. I thoroughly recommend it.

Indispensable, comfortable, time-saving, convenient

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

Yet another fantastic product from hugabub!

I used the original hugabub many moons ago with my first child, and then again last year with my second. I couldn't fault it OR live without it! That piece of fabric got me through some tough times!

I recently purchased the ring sling now that my Bub is a little bigger, now ten months. He is up and down like a yoyo now he's walking and also going through that clingy stage where he wants me close.

The ring sling has surpassed my expectations! Easy to use, light weight and cool to wear, comfy, and most of all my Bub loves it! He loves being on the hip and seeing everything, while feeling snugly at the same time.

Thanks again hugabub for another fab product!!

KathMc

KathMc

Lifesaver

This was as essential to me as nappies for my colicky and super clingy baby. It held so firmly and neatly that I could even move furniture with him in it. Thank god I could pee in it because I hardly had it off! It was much more comfortable than the bjorn and way more secure than a peanut. My sanity would not have survived this child without my Hug-a-Bub.

Difficult to use

I found the ring sling very difficult to use with a fussy baby who didn't like to be confined. He would scream and arch his back every time I tried to put him in it, resulting in him not being secure. The ring sling is certainly not for every baby.

Precious moments!

Both my babies enjoyed being snuggled close to me, even my summer baby. I couldn't imagine being able to do much without it, esp with a newborn and an active 16mth old and living on a farm. The only baby item I recommend to new mums when asked, I was sad when they out grew it!

niesette

niesetteSydney, NSW

great product !!

Absolutely fabulous, i could breastfeed on the go, and easily carry bubs everywhere. I enjoyed the ease of use and mastered a couple of wrapping styles.
I would highly recommend this for mums that are unsure on wrapping as the hug a bub was a forgiving wrap that has some flex to get bubs in and out. I found if planning to use sometimes was easier to put on before at shops and the ends can be quite long and drape onto the ground. But the more you use, the quicker and better you get.

Lightweight and so soft!

I wore this with my newborn daughter CONSTANTLY from the time I brought her home from the hospital until she was about 4 months old. It helped me get things done around the house, keep my hands free, and my baby was always so happy being close to me during the fourth trimester!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

The answer to my yrs long search!

love this

my 2nd baby lived in this - wish i had done it for my first! She still (at 2.5) loves to sit on my chest - its her favorite spot. I felt very secure with it on - and after a couple practices tries it was second nature to get her in and out.

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

Best baby product I bought!

I absolutely love my hug-a-bub!!! Definitely the purchase I suggest as a must have to new mums. Even with a summer baby the wrap was cool and comfortable to wear. An absolute life saver at dinner time with 2 under 18mths - bub is secure and content but your hands are free. I even wore it during the night when bub was restless and it worked every time.

Angel

Angelasked

Hug-a-Bub

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked

Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 5 Hug-a-Bub