• Safety
Reviewer

ReviewerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible product

Product is extremely hard to use, fabric is such poor quality - balls form in a few uses. Does not give your baby the neck support it needs. Don’t buy into the brand.

Purchased in November 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$115.00.

Safety

I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice

Unfortunately I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice . I know others who swear by it but it just wasn't for me.Unfortunately I found it too hard to put on and therefore didn't use more than twice . I know others who swear by it but it just wasn't for me.

Mollymum

Mollymum

Too tricky

I'm not talented enough at origami to make the Hug-a-Bub work. It was really difficult to tie in and couldn't get it firm enough to hold my baby safely. I know someone who really loved it but it wasn't right for me. I'm trying to sell it on gumtree. I've have better luck with the Bjorn One.

Baby Carriers

Find out how Hug-a-Bub compares to other Baby Carriers

Not worth it. Never used it and sold it after a few days

It was VERY hard to use and had a steep learning curve to tie it. You would honestly need two sets of hands in the beginning to get the most of the product. In the end, we sold it at a huge loss and bought the Ergo Baby which is much better and easier to use.

Dont buy

Doesnt go on properly looks weird bubs hates it and weight hurts your shoulder so bad you wont be able to stand wearing it for more than a minute anyway. Even when worn exactly how the instructions and youtube tutorials say. Redicously over priced pay over $100 and waste your time for some thing you will never use

Not one size fits all

It says one size fits all. Im plus size and was looking forward to using this for travelling. Well it dosnt fit me there was no material left to tie at the end. Couldnt fit baby in it anyway to squished. Very upsetting. Just wasted $100 at baby buntung :-(

Angel

Angelasked

Hug-a-Bub

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked

Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 5 Hug-a-Bub