Rebecca

RebeccaSydney, NSW

Lots of information provided

Have not used it yet but feel educated about its purpose and safety from documents that came with it and to have step by step instructions as well as video is great!

Purchased at Baby Bunting for A$120.00.

Sophie

Sophiesydney

Bit of a learning curve but worth it.

I have been using this with my newborn daughter (she is currently 5 weeks) - definitely a challenge to learn how to wear it correctly, I think the instructions included are unnecessarily complicated. I'd recommend joining local baby wearing groups, or watching youtube videos to help you get the hang of it. One tip I can offer is to put the wrap on tighter than you'd think you should. Bub enjoys it too, but I imagine we will need to transition to a different carrier after she reaches 3-4 months.

Lisa

Lisa

Love it.

Love the support the wrap provides. The online tutorial on how to wrap it is easy to follow. It took me a few weeks to really get the tie perfect, now I can do it in a matter of seconds.
Having the pocket is very handy and I like how the wrap folds into the pocket when not in use.
I’ve washed it and put it in the dryer several times, it has lost a bit of its original stretch but it is still good. I’ve used the same wrap for two babies in addition to my Moby wrap.

Find out how Hug-a-Bub compares to other Baby Carriers

Really useful and easy to use!

I've been using my ring sling almost everyday and it's great. My little boy loves it and he is always calm and happy when he's in it. Very easy to use and wash and the material is comfortable and lightweight, great for summer. I would recommend hug a bub to other mums.

Sherry

SherryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It just felt right

Wearing my baby in a Hug-a-Bub was the first thing as a parent that really felt right. I was never certain if I was being a good Mum, but the instant I could carry her close I knew it was right for us. It was a great introduction to baby wearing.

Lady J

Lady J

I adore it except...

Diane

DianeSouth East Queensland, QLD

My favourite carrier for newborns - so snug!

I used my hugabub for all three children for the first few months of their lives. It felt wonderful having them held snug against my body, nice and cosy and secure. It left my hands free to do my shopping or help my other children and my babies loved sleeping it. I quickly became a whizz at tying it on, even in the rain... without getting the ends wet! It doesn't take long to master.

Yelleg

YellegGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great for babies.

I found the Hug a Bub great to use for babies. Really keeps baby close and fabric was soft. Easy to clean. Great instructions on how to use it. Takes some time to get the hang of putting it on but overall it doesn't take long to master. Would recommend.

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

Comfy but hot and easy to put on wrong

Fantastic wrap. My newborn loved it. Great for tiny babies because it's so soft and comfy. Only problems are that it's very hot in warm weather because the thick fabric goes all around your body and I also found it was easy to have the back strap parts twisted which made it less comfortable. It is easy to make it too tight or too loose which gets annoying if you're taking it on and off a lot...and it takes a good few minutes to put on which feels like ages if bub is crying.
Overall though, I really liked this carrier. I would recommend it for young babies in particular as they seem to be less suited to it as they get bigger.

Find out how Hug-a-Bub compares to other Baby Carriers

Great with younger babies.

Natural cotton made it a great choice for hot weather. I could sweat in and not feel sticky. Easy to wash in washing machiene. Easy to carry in hand bag as it was light and compact. Pocket made it easy to store itself away. Great colours to choose from. Easy purchase online.

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

A lot to love about the hug-a-bub

We have loved this baby carrier. Bub feels very secure and always falls right asleep when in it. We have used it with both our kids. Great for a one stop trip (eg. Groceries or morning at the park) Found it exhausting getting Bub in and out and re-tieing when having runs errands. Otherwise love this wrap.

Good for winter

It's good for newborn to around 3 months old and mainly in the winter months. During summer or warm days it just causes you and baby to sweat as you need all three layers of fabric around baby holding them in
I'll use it for newborns inside and it is worth the money

The best baby item ever

I bought this in 2003 and used it from my first to my fifth bubba. I love how the huga bub kept my babies cozy and close. I carried all babies from birth till 15 months (I had big babies). Honestly the best baby purchase I have ever made. ❤️

Very comfy baby carrier

It is a bit of a mission to get it on...especially when you have a crying baby. But once on and carrying the baby its great. Very comfy and my LO had a fair few naps in it. It also it great for travelling and not only for baby carrying. We also used it to cover the Port a cot to black the light out.

Steph242

Steph242Rivett 2611, ACT

Comfortable and Beautiful Way to Carry Your Baby

I bought an original Hug a Bub in 2014 for my firstborn son.
As he was very small at birth the Hug a Bub was perfect.
It is great for those that have a bad back like I do and also a really beautiful way to carry your child close to you.
My son loved being carried in it and would sleep the whole time he was in it

Find out how Hug-a-Bub compares to other Baby Carriers

brilliant for the first few months

Extremely comfortable and easy to use once you get the hang of it. Very supportive, I had bad lower back pain and using the hug a bub really helped. Downsides are that it's quite hot in summer, you can only really use it till bub is about 8kg and it's a pain when it gets vomited on because it takes a while to dry after you wash it

Paige

Paige

Very handy in the early days

Used this every day for the first 6 months. Bub was safe and secure but with me at all times and I could have both my hands free! Especially good when you have older children wanting your attention at the same time as bub. Super easy to use too! Highly recommend

Jaimee R

Jaimee R

Loved it but got very hot to wear

I loved it, used it with son when he was newborn to 6 months, nearly 8 months and being so hot it's hard to wear because of the fabric, could be a lighter fabric. Even in the cooler months it got hot, loved the colour, the length, the fell, the helpful information and the instruction book you get. There could be other way of wearing it, but after you do the wrap up on your body you could do it eyes closed by the 6th time using it. Thank you will be using for my next Bub

Great way to carry bub

The hug-a-bub was a great way to carry baby during the 'fourth trimester' of her life. There were moments where my husband and I got a little flusted trying to perfect the wrap but nothing a little refresher video watching couldn't fix! Our baby was always so comfortable and content in the hug-a-bub and we loved having her close to us everywhere we went.

Review collected in partnership with Hug-a-Bub

Great ring sling for hot weather

My newborn was worn in this ring sling whenever we left the house. Being a Summer baby it was hot & humid, but we were always as comfortable as we could be while babywearing because of the open weave. I found that it slipped a bit unless I wrapped the tail around the rings, but wrapping the tail around made them padded in case bubba rested her head on them, so it wasn't an issue. I also loved the colour - we had the Sunset design.

Angel

Angelasked

Hug-a-Bub

What is the weight limit on the hug a bug newbie?

Sean R.Hug-a-Bub

Hi Angel, the official weight limit is 3.2 kg. If your baby is smaller or premature, it is possible to use Newbie but you would need to check with your health professional first.
We hope that helps. Kind regards.

Mandi78asked

Ring Sling

Hi,
I'm after reviews of the Hugabub RING SLING, not the wrap?
Could someone please comment?

Leslie
Leslie

I am a certified babywearing instructor educated through Die Trageschule Dresden. I love the Hug A Bub ring slings, especially the new mesh one. It's cotton weave is cool and easily washed. I also like that they use quality rings and fabric from a ethical manufacturer. I have not seen any other mesh fabric slings out there. I also like that the fabrics used are not too thin/thick or cheap run of the mill cotton. Hug A Bub has great customer service and good instructions to help if you are unfamiliar with using a sling. I love ring slings because they are beautiful easy and compact. I feel like a natural mam in a ring sling. When I wear other types of carriers, I feel like I am going on a trip and have my baby packed in a back pack:)

Rubyrhi
Rubyrhi

Hi Mandi78. Just wondering if you ever purchased a hugabub ring sling? I'm thinking of going down the same path. If so how did you find it? Thank you Rhianna

Hi,

I don't have a HugaBub ring sling. I was looking for a light cotton everyday sling as I don't want to wear out my beautiful P-Sling.

I have a silk blend P-sling in slate grey. Although I wear it casually, It's quite dressy and I have had quite a few mums stop to ask me what type of sling it is.

Also, I have a BreezeBaby (same as Taylor Made Sling. Absolutely swear by it for bathing an infant. I could never manage a bath, too awkward.

My 'Seven' sling lives in the car and is my arms free kit when holding my young bub while collecting my toddler from daycare.

Wear any sling on your shoulder and not your neck or you will soon feel neck pain. Practice without a baby in until you feel what's right positioning.

Had a Natures Sway sling and regret selling it off but, at the time, I felt compelled to minimise.

Reviewer

Reviewerasked

Original

Is it worth me getting a hug bub even thou my baby is now 8kg? I previously had a carrier but it was soo uncomfortable, has anyone used the hug a bub with a bigger baby

leonie
leonie

It's really hard to say. I've got a big baby, and still use it every now and then. My guy weighs about 11.5kg now. I can't exactly remember but he was probably 6-8kg when I bought it. You could always Google or eBay a Moby Wrap and find a cheap one to see if you like it. I didn't realize a Moby Wrap is the same as (and a more generic name of) a hug a bub. And, as good as the hug a bub is, I would have tried to find something cheaper before committing had I known what they were called :).

Kellie W.
Kellie W.

Hi Julie, I'd get a woven. I had a hug-a-bub and was amazed at the difference in support. Hug-a-bubs and Mobys are invaluable for small ones, but as they get heavier, more support is warranted. Wovens can get expensive. I recommend starting out by going to a local baby-wearing group. They normally have libraries and you can try varying carriers there. Otherwise, there is the "BWBSS Aussie Babywearing Support" and the ladies in that group can help you out.

Get an answer from our members and Hug-a-Bub representatives

All three Hug-a-Bub products won the 2019 Awards for Best Baby Carriers. With a vast majority of 5-star ratings, they're a popular pick among new parents.

Made with organic cotton, these baby carriers are designed to ‘softly and supportively cradles your baby from head to toe, promoting orthopaedically correct positioning for your baby's delicate hips and spine.’

Here are the four options you can choose from:

• Pocket Wrap: Features a pocket that doubles as a storage pouch. You can wrap up the fabric of this carrier and tuck it into the pocket section.
  • Lightweight Baby Wrap: Similar to the pocket wrap, this version is lighter, and is a comfortable choice for hot weather (though it can be used all year round). It lacks the pocket feature of the above carrier.
  • Wring Sling: This baby sling is available in a reversible or mesh ring option. These let you carry your baby in any of five positions they prefer resting in, rather than just upright.
Compare all 5 Hug-a-Bub