Huggies Baby Wipes

Huggies Baby Wipes (page 2 of 5)

See the Best Baby Wipes in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Huggies

Never buy any thing from huggies

Year old and A5 month old every time that I've bought stuff for my child it has always been better when it's Pampers. I would never buy Huggies ever again the only time that we've ever got it is because of a mistake or because it was the only thing that was an option every time that I have it I almost always waste whatever we have left because it's garbage. The wipes my wife got are terrible. They are basically wet paper towels.

Mrs Smith
Mrs SmithChristchurch, NZ

Alcohol dried out and irritated skin.

Pros: Thick and Sanitises

Cons: Alcohol caused dryness and irritated skin.
Since changing brands my kids don't get rashes anymore and thanks to me using them one day to remove my make up I now know why!

They are ok until you need to wipe your child's bottom continuously with bugs like gastro etc to which the irritation becomes visible (rashes may appear) however if I wouldn't use it on my face again why would I use it on my child's? Yes the alcohol helps Sanitises but is it really necessary? Try it on your face and if you feel the need to moisturize maybe baby would appreciate some cream too or a change of brand.

PZapp
PZappGold Coast

Thick and practical

Tried many brands of baby wet wipes and Huggies is the best so far: thick, gentle on the skin, easy to pull just one from the packet (with most brands you pull one out and end up getting 3 or more... When changing nappies it's almost impossible to have both hands free so that is very inconvenient plus you end up wasting them...)
You get what you pay for.
Price.

Dee
DeeSydney

Waste of money

I'm a FTM, and after purchasing a few bulk packets before baby arrived I found them to be quite dry, ripping apart and worse if all giving my poor baby ugly nappy rash! I so ce purchased curash wipes, sudocream and benapathrn ointment and the rash had gone. It's very upsetting but you will be suprised the difference with curash wipes
Goes on sale often
Ripps, dries. Nappy rashes

Carina
Carinasydney

Reaction

I don't have sensitive skin but this is the first time I have ever had a reaction to a product. Huggies wipes gave me dermatitis on my fingers and it's only getting worse! I will be changing from these wipes ASAP. Besides that I had no other issue with them, they done the job but I am worried about the ingredients in these wipes.
Good quality
Gave me dermatitis

Biks
BiksNew South Wales

Avoid if

you have sensitive skin. Huggies wipes gave me dermatitis on my fingers. At first i thought it was something else since i have used huggies products before but i picked up the wrong wipes and the dermatitis started to go away.

Also noticed that they seem to rip easily when pulling them out of the packet.
thick
Gave me dermatitis.

Val34
Val34Cairns

Good wipes, but hard to pull out of the pack at times!

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.
Clara V.15 Nov 2021
smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
The baby product awards for 2020!

Nathan S.29 Oct 2019
the-baby-product-awards-for-2020
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

Christmas seems to go hand-in-hand with consumption, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be eco-friendly with your gift-giving. We’ve got tips for everything from shopping sustainably to zero-waste packaging, so that you can have a greener holiday season.

Clara V.

Good but there's better!

SimoneD
SimoneDPerth

Does the job

We have used these since birth and I am happy with them. I am a bit surprised at some of the negative reviews on this site. I like that they are thick and that they are often on special so I will usually stock up on them. I would recommend them

janectb
janectbGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Save yourself the bother

AmyM83
AmyM83AU

Better brands out there!

I really hate Huggies wipes as they are almost impossible to dispense one full cloth at a time. As previous reviews have mentioned, they rip very easily when pulling from pack leaving loose fibres. And if they don't rip it's because you've accidentally pulled out 5 at once meaning you go through the pack faster. Sometimes they get stuck and when you're using one hand you have shake the pack whilst holding the wipe its all very awkward. I also find they don't feel as smooth on a baby's bottom. Unfortunately these seem to be the only brand easily available everywhere.

Too hard and awkward to pull wipes out

AL2011
AL2011AU

Terrible!

These wipes are just terrible, the only thing they are good for is wiping you child's mouth when feeding solid food. Whenever I went to use the wipe for a nappy change they would tear apart, therefore I pretty much stopped using them within a day, I found them that hopeless. I don't know why the company which makes such good nappies make such terrible wipes?
Ok for cleaning up a childs face after eating...
Would never use it to change a nappy.

MrPlow
MrPlowAU

Terrible

Used these for quite a while however they were just too rough and dry. Bought quite a number of packets and all were the same. When using around the nappy area you require something that has a bit of moistness to it but these were just awful. Too harsh for soft skin.
Can find them everywhere
Rough, not moist enough

clk244
clk244AU

Bad

I wouldn't recommend this product at all, they always tore when I tried to get them out which was really frustrating.
Tried these as they were on sale, didn't like them. They came with a great dispenser.
They rip when you pull them out. Left paper residue on my daughters bum.

Jillpullen
Jillpullen

Good

I love Huggies baby wipes. They allow me to clean my baby plus any spills with ease. They are a high quality product well worth purchasing. The wipes come in a range of different sizes, perfect for any occassion. Expect to pay more for this product, but it is worth it!!
Huggies baby wipes are fantastic. They are thick and absorbent, perfect for cleaning up baby. They are also soft and gentle on my baby's skin. The wipes are nice and moist, and in this regard are far better than any other brand on the market.
They are more expensive than other brands available at the supermarket.

sarahmelissa
sarahmelissaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad

I wouldn't recommend this product, I found them too thick and they would very easily tear just trying to wrestle one out of the packet. Not for me.
I used this product only when I was given samples of it for free to try, but to be honest I didnt really find any pro's, I dont like this item.
They are very thick and would often tear when trying to get one out of the packet and they are expensive.

bjbdrjpine
bjbdrjpine

Good

i only use huggies wipes i have never had a problem with them i find them to be alot thicker then other brands doesnt feel like your fingers are going to go through the wipes and when you change a soild nappy you dont have to wipe very hard or use as many unlike alot of others
very thick wipes nice and moist and you dont have to use as many as some other wipes

CheekyMonkey
CheekyMonkeyAU

Good

I have tried 2 other brands. I found that Huggies wipes are softer and thicker. So when I use the wipe for soft soiled bottom, it doesn't feel like touching it. The wetness is also consistent. The other brand that I tried last time, sometimes it is ok but the other time is very wet until I can squeezed the liquid out.
It is thick and soft. Not overly wet as some other nappy wipes are. It comes in bigger pack which is more economical. It is save to use on sensitive skin. Now it comes in 3 different range, which are fragrance free, lightly scented and for newborn and sensitive.
It is more expensive than other wipes but I usually buy them when they are on specials.

chezryl
chezrylMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

taw11
taw11

Terrible

I am a regular user of huggies nappies and tried the wipes more than once. As noted above, they tear. This is a fairly fundamental design flaw in a baby wipe as generally, whatever it is you are wiping you DO NOT want on your hands. I found these 'failed' too many times to ever buy them again. I'm even loathe to use the freeby packs you get with the larger boxes of huggies napps sometimes. I find these wipes to be a bit of a dud.
Not a lot to like about these wipes.
They tear. You wipe a babies bum with them - they tear. You get poo on your hands. Not good.

GoGoGoanna
GoGoGoanna

Good

A good quality generously sized prodcut, but far too expensive. I think we end up paying for the advertising campaigns.
I loved the dispenser box. It has a postal slot in the top which has two rubber "lips". This really helped reduce wastage due to wipes drying out too fast. They are a good sized wipe, and I often found I could simple tear one in half.
The cost is too high for everyday use. It think it is worth buying one or two with the dispenser box on sale, then reloading the box with a cheaper brand or home made wipes. They are not biodegradaable I belive and certainly cannot be flushed down the toilet. I do not like the perfumed variety as it irritated my child's skin.

Truth
TruthAU

Terrible

I would not buy these wipes again. Although they have the best dispenser box I have seen, the wipes themselves were not nice to use & I think they may have contributed to our only episode of nappy rash
Good re-usable box which can be re-filled
I did not like these wipes at all. They did not dispense well from the pack and are quite small compared to other wipes. The only time my baby had nappy rash was when I used these wipes. I don't know if it was coincidence, but the rash resolved as soon as I changed to a different wipe.

JoP123
JoP123AU

Good

I would only buy huggies baby wipes. They are easy to use and the thickness of the wipe makes cleaning my little girl easy.
I trust huggies with Nappies & Wipes. They are really easy to use and pull out of the huggies containers. I tried other brands that werent as easy to pull out. Clean baby and toddler bottoms really well.
Can be a bit too moist and cold.

demoras
demorasAU

Good

Overall it's a good wipe and most of the problems tend to be with the box that comes with it. It feels nice on the skin, which is better than some other wipes.
These wipes are thick and soft, doesn't dry out easily. both sides of the wipes can be used (that is, the poo doesn't seem to penetrate both sides of the wipes). Comes in refill bags. No irritation problems for my baby. Manages to wipe dried up poo without tearing.
The box for the refills isn't the best quality- the closing "lid" part doesn't always click properly and can be hard to pull the wipes out if refilled too full. The wipes sometimes tear when trying to pull it out. Can be more expensive than other brands.

IHATEPUMPKIN
IHATEPUMPKINSydney, NSW

Good

I really like and use the huggies wipes regularly. They could probably be a bit bigger, i often find that i need to use two a time initially. Have been using the fragranced ones and they haven't been giving baby a rash or pimples like other fragranced wipes. I do only buy them when they are on special as they are somewhat expensive. They now have funky pictures of the reusable boxes. They boxes need to be a bit more sturdy, baby loves playing with it because it looks good now but it doesn't withstand much a playing with.
Wipes come out one at a time from the reusable container, smell good, just the right amount of moistness,
Not big enough, expensive, reusable boxed could be more sturdy designed