4Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swimpants

77%13%10%

sarahjayne2010
sarahjayne2010AU62 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

A must for public pools which is a great idea. The local swimming pool charges $2 a nappy, much cheaper if you buy them yourself. Baby seems to be very comfortable in them. If you were looking to go swimming everyday I would recommend purchasing a some swim pants as the cost would be more economical.
Great for swimming classes, a very inventive product. A great range of sizes for all different babies and toddlers. Easy to find in the supermarket or department stores. Fun designs for kids. Very absorbent.
Can be an expensive product if used all the time other than that nothing.
xepphire
xepphire25 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

I am usually against huggies but this is possibly a must to have. I received a sample from the website and it was so good I went out and bought 2 bags. This is so great that it doesn't soak up all the liquid so Bub can swim and not get weighed down. Regular swimmers tend to be to tight around the legs and too loose around the waist but these are a perfect fit. Also the regular swimmers for kids under 2 are padded and tend to stretch the suits that go over the whole bodies whereas this product is so discreet you barely notice its there but it still does its job to hold stuff in.
Great for swimming
Price
slamsea
slamsea11 posts

OK

These days you cant swim in a public pool without them, and its well worth investing in a pack if you are an occasional swimmer as they charge $3 each at the pool I go to. With swimming lessons every week, and after spending quite alot of money on them, I decided to invest in a washable swimmer nappy and havent looked back. They have paid for themselves over and over again in comparison as I have used the same pair for all 3 of my girls.
These are pretty good in that they dont absorb too much water from the pool. They are easy to get on, and just rip them to pull off.
They are really very expensive for what you get.
rw2830
rw2830North Western Region, NSW188 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

Love this product. wouldn't go to the pool without them. Nice and easy to remove and the rip sides are great idea.
easy to put on and pull off. Cute and don't look too much like nappies.
very expesive - however you can machine wash 2 or 3 times before they fall apart.
Mythic
Mythic223 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

They're a great option for taking bub swimming and although they're very expensive, the fact that they're not an everyday thing means the price can be justified. Really convienent, easy to slip on and to remove also when soiled, though buy on sale when possible!
Really cute little designs, easy to slip on, a good way to provide assurance that swimming isn't going to involve any nasty surprises, cute and don't look strictly LIKE nappies, easy to remove (the rip off tabs are really handy!)
The price is expensive, but it isn't like you need them for everyday use.
Gilligan
Gilligan10 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I found the Huggies swimmers a freat choice as when they are soiled they are very easy to remove with rip tabs on the sides. I previously used swimmers with a built in anppy however once soiled you had to try and get wet pants down the toddlers legs and this quite often made a disgusting mess. Even though the disposable can be a little costly I think they are well worth the money when it comes to convenience and ease. More than happy with this product, maybe if they were available in bulk buy this would be better.
Being disposable was an easy clean job.
Can become quite expensive.
mrsberdy
mrsberdy17 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

A great idea and an absolute necessity with weekly swimming lessons!!

They are easy to put on, easy to rip off and we sometimes even give them a wash in the washing machine and they are good for a second time around - without falling apart. Another great product from Huggies
So simple to put on and he loves the designs which are different from his normal nappies. Its good to have the peace of mind that your swim is not going to be interrupted by any little 'floating problems' :)
$$$$ Very expensive - my husband had to buy a packet this weekend and came home ranting about the price of them!

young_bub
young_bub55 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

little swimmers work very well, love the tear tabs as they can be difficult to pull down when baby is wet. we go to swimming lessons weekly so use them frequently which is getting quite expensive but do like the idea that the pool will be hygenic without any nasty suprises.
nice bright desings, do not bulk up like moral nappies whn wet, readily available at most stores, fits bub well
quite expensive
butterflykiss
butterflykiss128 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I have used these only a handful of times and found them to be adequate. My daughter loves the fun designs and appears to be quite comfortable in them. The pull on option is great for independant toddlers and they are also easy to remove with the tear-away sides. They are very expensive for what they are so I only use them when we go to the pool (which isnt often). If you needed something for everyday, I would look at investing in a re-usable swim nappy. Otherwise these are a great option.
Comfortable fit, does the job
Expensive
Hannahrose
Hannahrose85 posts

OK

I think these are a must for swimming, most public pools wont let you in if you dont have them. They arent so great as an everyday thing if you have a pool at home as it can become quite costly, though i have found that you can rinse the wee ones out and reuse them, i throw the dirty ones out
i like the design, very cute and bright, i find them quite easy to put on and pull off. Great for the beach, keeps most of the sand out
I think they are extremely expensive for something that is disposable.
Suellen
Suellen15 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

Overall I think these are a great invention and are very convenient. I will continue to buy them. I'm not sure if they hold number 2s well because it hasn't happened yet.
These swimmers nappies look good. They have fun characters on them. They have sides that easily tear to get the nappy off. They fit my little boy quite well. He weighs about 8kg at the moment.
They are a bit pricey but we only use them when we go to the pool so a pack of 12 lasts awhile. The main con is that they don't hold wee in so I put them on just before we go into the water.
kjp444
kjp444Sydney49 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

These swim nappies are great and since I was told they could be washed I'm very happy to use and reuse and reuse and reuse. We used less than half a pack last summer for my then two year old. Haven't tried the Aldi equivilent yet so can't compare
Look great, they fit a wide size range (my 4 month old and almost 3 year old can put use the Medium size), easy to pull on especially if child is standing, easy to tear down sides when there's a number two to deal with,great designs and characters, CAN REUSE by washing them in a laundry bag in the washing machine
Quite expensive, way too expensive to just throw out every use
ormocana1976
ormocana1976Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC26 posts

OK

i will buy this only if I really need to, the price is just too much especially if you this product often like baby water safety lessons.The quality is good for this activity, I guess they can set the price high because there is no competetion for this sort of product. I do recommend this but will certainly a reminder to use it sparingly and only if you need to. here's a hint, buy it at a discount chemist.
just wonderful. fits perfectly and very comfy, colors are interesting, soft to touch
EXPENSIVE, pricy, prices vary from griceries and other shops.
lox_mama
lox_mama6 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

Great swimming nappies. Easy to put on. But not so easy to get off. Best on the market for quality i think
cute designs
bit tricky to get off
avabg
avabgLaunceston, TAS95 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

a really good product for water babies! these nappies fit so snuggly on my baby girl (5months) and fit nicely underneath baby's swim suit. i can't fault this product, does exactly what is says on the pack! will buy these again
cute design, no bulky filling bulges in the water
pricey
tahliyah
tahliyahAU120 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I take my daughter to swimming lessons every week and the price of these swimmers is very expensive. They do however work very well. they are nice and snug around bubs waist and legs so there it will keep everything in the nappy if happens to get soiled. You can also tear the sides once they are finished swimming, its etremely difficult to actually pull them down whilst they are wet. Another great feature is that they dont bulk up like a normal nappy.
Great designs on the swimmers. Feel good knowing that i can take my daughter swimming and have no nasty surprises in the pool.
Very expensive.
Disposable Nappies

Find out how Huggies Little Swimmers Disposable Swimpants compares to other Disposable Nappies

SarahJ15
SarahJ1546 posts
katpaul
katpaul251 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

we used these quite a bit until i discovered resusable swim nappies. they fit well. they did not leave any gaps at the side or top and we got no leaks. tear off sides are really handy. the thing that i loved the most about them is that if they are not soiled you can wash them, line dry them and resuse. BIG money saver!
these worked really well. they fit snuggly and securely. were not bulky. no leaks at all. i like the tear off sides if you have to change a messy nappy
just that fact that they were a bit pricey if you are swimming a lot
catnat
catnat5 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

I have 3 young children and we have used little swimmers on all of them and think they are fantastic. We have tried some other 'cheaper' brands and they just don't have the same quality in the finish. The cute pictures like Nemo mean that you can use them on their own and the easy tear sides make them easy to take off when wet or if an accident occurs. They don't get heavy when wet like some other brands have and don't dig in around the legs. Definitely like them here.
Give confidence when taking baby swimming. Fit snugly. Cute.
Expensive
lbj39
lbj39145 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

It is great to be able to go for a swim and not worry about leak issues. Because they are pull on they are also easy to get off. Haven't had any tear.
We've never had any leak issues
expensive
jessiebee
jessiebee6 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

my daughter used these while swimming when she was little, they have a super cute nemo design and you could tell if there had been an accident while swimming. the only problem i had with these were there wasnt a size for smaller toddlers and are quite expensive.
cute design, could tell when there had been an accident, no leakage
Expensive, and not very many sizes
gizette
gizetteSydney99 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

definatly thought they were great have seen cheaper brands at toys r us but wouldn't bother trying them as i think these are fantastic. as i said no leakage no problems.
my son wasn't the right weight to use the smallest one's when he started swimming lessons, i bought the smallest size any way and hoped they fit, when i put him in the water they shrank to fit his little body which was great. when i took them off him i could quite easily see they had been used, there were no accidents.
they should make a smaller size for babies that are old enough to swim but they just don't have the weight.
Irisgalaxy
Irisgalaxy76 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

I thought it best to buy a packet of these before considering buying the nappy bathers you can get in case bub hated the water. They are pull ups, so if bub was wriggling they were a little harder to put on. Really happy with these and would recommend them. I was also able to get a free nappy from the Huggies website. Handy!
Fit really well and never had any leakages. Cute Nemo designs.
Expensive - even on special work out to be about $1 a nappy.
tweettee
tweettee117 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

We have found these to be very effective and they fit really well. The elastic around the legs fit really well so we have not had any problems with accidents.
Fit really well and good for what they are designed for. Cute designs. They don't get heavy and swollen with urine when they are being used in water but they are designed for fecal matter so you can't use them as a substitute for regular nappies.
They are quite expensive and work out at about $1 each but you can't really avoid this is your child is doing swimming lessons or in a publis pool.
tigerlily
tigerlily69 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

All in all, I'd recommend these Little Swimmers. They have fun bright designs and fit well and most importantly securely. They don't hold wees, only poos, so it'll leak if the baby/toddler wees when wearing them outside the water!
Good secure fit with lovely designs. Holds poos well and give the parents the security to focus on the baby/toddler in the water. Easy tear-away action to dispose.
A bit expensive. Doesn't hold wees (although I don't think anything is able to hold wees in the water) so you need to change into them when you get to the pool or beach, otherwise you have have leaks happening on the way there!
lmb30
lmb3012 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I have not had any problems using this product. Both my boys have used the swimming nappies for their swimming lessons until they were toilet trained. We put them on before their lesson began and removed them straight after. I too used to squeeze out the water and then wash them in hot water in the washing machine and hang them out to dry. I would do this 2 or 3 times before throwing them out. If there was poo in the nappy I would throw them out straight away.
The Huggies Little Swimmers are easy to put on and do not swell up like normal nappies when they become wet. They have bright colours and pictures.
The swimming nappies are a little expensive.

pink_ladi_88
pink_ladi_8873 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

we usw to use these for swimming lessond for half an hour every week so when the ;esson eas over,id remove them,ring them out and then put them on a hot wash and hang them inside out to dry,this prolonged the life of them and they lasted for about 3 lessons (providing theres no poo) if yo do it this way then they're geat value for money
they are very cute and look just like little swimmer bottoms,they stop outside water from leaking i and dont bunch up or gather at the crotch if they get saturated like regular nappies do.love the pictures on the front aswell
maybe a little bit on the expensive side,around $12 for 12-16
sampow
sampow54 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

These are costly bur great. Gives both mum and bub the protection they need along with confidence so that during the time in the water you can just concentrate on having fun.
These nappies are great for kids who aren't toilet trained and want to swim. They don't hold the water like normal everyday nappies so your child isn't struggling with a bulky, heavy nappy. The designs are quite appealing to kids. You can put them on under shorts or swimmers so that other kids don't even know that your child is wearing them (if that's an issue).
They are costly but I guess you aren't likely to be using them all the time - mostly through summer and at swimming lessons.
aml2009
aml200965 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I first discovered these " Huggies Little Swimmers" with my fist child five years ago. They cost a fair bit then and they were not that great and lokked completely boring. No colourful pictures like now. I have recently purchased them for my second child and while the price on them hasnt really changed the quality of them has improved a lot and they are just so colourful now. Will definantly use them again
nice bright colours and pictures, great alternative to nappys, holds in poo's and wee's really good, have had no leakage problems
the price is a bit rich but I am willing to pay so not as to use normal disposable nappys
ctillyer
ctillyer39 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

I was surprised to see people complain about them not holding enough fluid or leaking. I put them on at the pool just before going in the water and remove them once we're finished. They always hold wet and solids in beautifully. My children love the bright pictures on them too.
Easy to put on. They don't swell up like nappies do when wet. Kids love the pictures.
They're a little expensive. Sometimes tearing the sides to remove them is a little hard. It doesn't rip cleanly.
kellbell
kellbell17 posts

OK

Have jumped up in price and seem to not have improved their fitting or fluid capacity,I just feel its not worth it anymore
The only kind on the market for littlier babies
Very expensive,doesnt really hold enough fluid in-Its more preventive
lilypie
lilypie66 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I put a huggies swimmer on my daughter before going to the pool, not knowing that they are not totally waterproof. At the end of our walk to the pool I lifted her up to find a nice big wet patch in her pram where she had wet herself and it had leaked all the way through. Tip: don't put these nappies on until the last minute, or put another nappy on over the top until you're ready to get in the pool!
Don't get all bulky when in the water like standard nappies, fits well on a variety of sized infants even though the nappies don't come in many sizes
krissyj80
krissyj8030 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

These are cute and easy to use. I love that they can be pulled up instead of being put on like a normal nappy. They are a bit expensive - usually around $12 a packet, but after talking with some other mum's at swimming lessons I found out they are reusable (shhhhh) Simply throw them in the washing machine and you can easily get 2 or 3 uses out of them, provided they are only wet and no number 2's have been done in them. Highly recommend.
they are very easy to put on as they are like pull ups
amygrant
amygrant104 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I use these each week and haven't had many problems at all. My son seems to like them and appears quite comfortable in them.
They have the coolest designs on them, cute pictures and interesting for the kids. These nappies keep everything in and make you feel safe whilst swimming. Very easy to rip off too.
Can't easily tell which is the front and back, especially in a hurry. They are very expensive, can really add up especially if you are doing swimming once or twice a week. They are a very small fit and can be a bit hard to get on, but I guess this is part of the reason they are so good, if you had a large child though it would be very tight.
Please_Read1st
Please_Read1stSouth East Queensland, QLD124 posts
koshakee
koshakeeAU98 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

I have used these but only use them sparingly as they can get a bit expensive. I haven't tried washing them because it just seems a bit too hard to believe that it will work but if it does, that would help with the price. They keep in any mess well and are so easy to remove. You just have to wait till bub is big enough to fit them as they don't have a newborn size.
They keep in any messes, I don't have to bother soaking and washing swimming pants.
They are a bit expensive and only fit once bub it about 4 months old or even older.

samski
samski14 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Bad

i have used these products..and will continue as there is no better product on the market, however i feel that they are not as good as they could be.. and i certainly would not recommend them to people. they are too expensive for a product that really is not fabulous
the concept is good, and they can be useful. They can be reused. I have often resorted to washing them and putting them in the dryer to get more use out of them
They are not made small enough and so do not fit all babies..they are also very high waisted..they are very expensive
rubysmum
rubysmumAustralia10 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

These are a handy option for parents wanting their babies to swim. They are designed not to 'bulk' up like a regular disposable might in the water. Although they are a bit expenisve it is well worth the cost. As others have mentioned they are washable and reusable if you don't 'tear' them off. Good to throw in the beach bag.
Good fit once you establish the right size, easy to get off with tearable sides, make swimming easy for baby.
Price. As with other huggies nappies you may need to try different sizes and not necessarily go by the weigh guide.
rachelk
rachelk47 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

Great for swimming bubs. I was suprised when i saw the nappy does not absorb the whole swimming pool. Great aqua design. It feels like its almost a pant. If only they would remove the catchy design and make the price lower. Another thing if the baby has not soiled the nappy it could be washed and dried.
reusables
very pricey
Hithere12
Hithere12AU191 posts
  Disposable Swimpants

Good

These are perfect for babies and toddlers that are not toilet trained. There is really no other way to avoid the mess of wearing togs for children that are to small to tell you they need to go to the toilet. These are excellent quality and don't get soggy or sag. They are not the best of fits but they do the job that they are made for.
Worked a treat for taking my little ones swimming when they are not toilet trained yet.
Fairly expensive, and not so good in the sizing as they don't make enough sizes to fit all of the different shapes and sizes of our babies.