Huggies Newborn

Huggies Newborn

See the Best Disposable Nappies in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Kathryn

KathrynSydney Surrounds, NSW

leaks ++++

Newborn baby. These nappies leak alllll the time. They leak from the mostly from the back and the sides, i just put a new nappy on my boy and lasted an entre 10mins. again leaking from back and sides causing me to change his entire outfit again... (rolling eyes).

Purchased in April 2019.

DelMac

DelMacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

A leaky disaster

My daughter leaked out of the news one size 1 range all the time and screamed like a banshee every time we had to change her entire outfit. I was going to give up on Huggies but it was suggested I try newborn size 2 because she is a big baby. She leaked out of those as well! I thought it may be the way I’m putting them on. I checked with a few people and it was correct. They leak when my husband puts them on too! Never again!

Purchased in May 2019.

Constantly leaking and caused severe rashes

Huggies have recently changed their nappies. We were lucky enough to get a couple boxes of the old shape (which were great), but when we started using the new style we were extremely disappointed.
Our son got rashes instantly on his legs, and was leaking with every second nappy.

Safe to say we won't be buying any Huggies brand items from now on.

Purchased in March 2019.

Dee

DeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My newborn bled for weeks after the new ones were released

I used these for my newborn son as per hospital recommendation. His skin split and bled within hours and took weeks to heal. Dr said it looked like a burn.

Purchased in October 2018.

Wakes

WakesBrisy

Change was bad

New nappie designs are a major let down. they dont last long before they come off from crawling. They leak a lot easier. It’s like you are buying the cheap nappies with a huggies logo. Such a shame as I didn’t mind paying the extra money for quality. Time to find a new brand

It leaks

I bought this expensive nappy for almost two months supply for my new born baby and this bloody nappy leaks all the time I put her on. I am not happy at all and can't use them at all. Now I bought a cheap nappy from kmart and that's working great.

K bot

K bot

Not fit for purpose in spite of branding

I had recommendations to avoid these nappies. They are so poor at protecting against leaks that I currently have a 100% strike rate in changing baby clothes. This started from our newborn's very first waste ejection at the hospital and our use of Huggies after a competitor's one we purchased ran out. It's time consuming and laundry detergent wasting for such a poor product that I might as well use a 56L bin liner to cover the baby and would do a much better job. Unfortunately we have a whole large box worth given by good friends that we're stuck with.

Terrible diaper

My son constantly cries because his diaper and clothes are wet. This diaper is not very sturdy and doesn't keep anything dry. I have to change him tons of times causing me to go through more diapers than I need to which costs more money. I will be switching right back to the Pampers Brand. I should've never left them.

Worst nappies ever! Don't do it to yourself!

I never review things - ever, but these nappies are terrible. Bad fit, once baby is over 3kg and leak consistantly. I feel like huggies owes me an apology from all of the sleep I have lost in the last 24 hours from dealing with a screaming bubba who has woken soaked through after every pee. Going back to Aldi's, which are brilliant. Worst decision to buy a big box of huggies :-(

M.T. Brisbane

M.T. BrisbaneBrisbane

Rubbish Nappies - Don't fall for the marketing

AngelinaMelbourne

Leak often, only for small babies

I was given some Huggies Newborn nappies from a relative and a colleague plus I purchased 2 boxes of Huggies Newborn before the baby was born as they were on sale at Woolies - big mistake. My baby was born 4 kgs and Huggies Newborn nappies were too small for him lengthwise (and around his legs) even though they say up to 5kgs on the package. The nappies were too short for my bub so they leaked almost every time. I gave away the package I opened to a friend and exchanged the 2 boxes I bought at Woolies. I currently use Aldi Mamia newborn nappies and they never leaked!

And they are not cheap!

Nicole

Nicole

Poor Nappy

These nappies were brilliant 3 years ago. Now all they do & are good for is increasing the size of my laundry loads. I don't think my newborn has done one pooh that hasn't resulted in an immediate bath. I'm planning to return the 3 unopened boxes that I have & start using the cheaper brands that actually do the job. A very disappointing Huggies experience.

Expensive & not worth it

Overpriced Nappies that Rely on their Previous Good Name to Sell

Realmama95

Realmama95AU

Worse than home brand

I was given a couple of boxes of these when my son was born. Every change time I had to change his whole outfit as they leaked and blew out every time. I had to take six outfit changes with us every time we left the house. I did not know this was not normal until I ran out of nappies one day and happened to be at ALDI.

What a difference! If you think Huggies ridiculous prices equate to quality, think again, even some home brand nappies I was given performed better than the Huggies. I'm just glad I found out how bad they were before I wasted too much money on them.

Ridiculously overpriced, cheapest budget brands performed better

T1980

T1980sydney

Changing the sheets twice a night, no thanks

We bought a box of huggies after using them in the hospital, but after four nights of wetting through I gave up! Really disappointing, and a waste of money. Switched to baby love and coles brand nappies and haven't changed the sheets once from being wet through. Makes me not want to buy any huggies brand items.

Changing the sheets twice in one night drove me nuts

Tigga_88

Tigga_88AU

Leaking was a nightmare

Mummatobubba

MummatobubbaAU

Terrible

In hospital I was given a pack to use, I was none the wiser.
I continued to purchase them until my baby was 3 weeks old. But I noticed a rash developing on her bum. I then researched the ingredients of these nappies and was not happy at all. Way too many chemicals that are in contact with delicate skin.
Since then I have purchased nappies that do not contain TBT, chlorine and minimal use of latex.
Can find them everywhere
Quite inexpensive if you can find it on sale
Contains TBT
You can't tell when the nappy is full
Chlorinated
not biodegradable
not ecofriendly

TashBeestie

TashBeestie

Terrible

I don't understand what the obsession is with Huggies nappies, as three out of five times that we use them, they would leak. We persevered and thought that we were putting it on incorrectly, but I have since tried other brands such as Babylove and Pampers and they are a lot better than Huggies at a lower price. The only good thing about the Huggies nappies are the fun print (I prefer Pooh to Sesame Street or the Wiggles), but who cares about the print when the washing suddenly triples?
Fun Pooh designs
Leaks, relatively more expensive than other brands

AmeliaD

AmeliaD

Terrible

From birth everyone says use huggies its the only way to go- wrong! This product does not hold poo well at all. The batch that I got leaked from one side i contacted the company and they ignored me! Rude! Very disappointing I wish the hospitals, baby bags etc didn't help promote this as an exclusive product.
Wetness indicator
Price, they're crap, over-rated

Terrible

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THESE TO ANYONE! I cannot believe how much money I have spent and still am not satisfied!!!!!
The design that is it!
My baby boy has leaked in every single one of his nappies! I change him so many times a day that I landed up doubling the nappies so that he was wearing a newborn and an infant size! I emailed Huggies and no reply!!!!