Hume Bank

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Hume Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.6
Lee
Lee

The worst customer service

April last year, after doing some research i have decided to open an account with Hume Bank. All the documents have been verified, they still want me to take a photo of me holding up the documents. They came back to me advising that the photo on the passport look different because i had a pimple on my face and in the photo of the passport i didn't have the pimple. That was the most stupid excuse that i have never heard. I think was lucky not to deposit my salary into the account otherwise that would be a hassle to withdraw the money.

trompfy
trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst customer service

I rang and spoke to somebody and they used profanity then they refused to open the account until I could verify my id either with a selfie or a certified copy of it. I would definitely recommend staying well clear of this bank and I will be telling others to do the same.

Daniel cunha
Daniel cunhaSydney, NSW

This is the worst bank in the history of banking

These people hold your money when you open a new account and make you go through onboarding where they need to call you and tell you how good they are!

Laddie
LaddieBright

Dont Bother

Applied for a loan. They just kept sending me the same e email asking for the same paperwork id already supplied. No one bothered to call or follow up. Worst service possible. Go to the big banks at least you'll get a little respect

Banks

Find out how Hume Bank compares to other Banks

DeanM
DeanMGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wow, a small bank aiming to be a tiny bank...

Honestly I tried, I really did. Found Hume on finder site and checked out their site. The propositions sounded good and it felt nice to support a regional business. Managed to open an account (fast process) got their debit card quickly and used the phone app (seen worse) however when I tried to use their web banking it all fell apart. The service is terrible and unable to get anything working, they then asked for a "certified" copy of my drivers license, despite the fact that I already have a working account with them. Its like an experiment gone wrong, would not trust them with more than pocket change. They've lost my business.

kurothesequel
kurothesequelNortheast, VIC

Just horrible.

I have been with Hume for over a year now and it still takes anywhere from two to five days for money to transfer into my account, even from accounts I transfer from regularly. And the app is horrible. It is barely ever working. You go into it to do one thing and you have to do a bunch of other things, and then you have to put in your vip token which most of the time just says it is invalid. It is frustrating to no end. The only positive about the bank is that at the actual branch they were very helpful.

Icarus
Icarus

Excellent Service

I hate banks. Most of them indulge in unforgivable practices. Until I opened an account with Hume Bank some 20 years ago. They were incredibly helpful and approachable. I really loved doing business with them. I eventually closed the account because I travel overseas for my work. However, just a few weeks ago, I approached them to find a set of statements dating back to 2001. They forwarded them to me the following day at no cost to me. And such warm correspondence. I will open an account with them when I return to Australia in a few years.
Thank you Hume.