Hume Bank

Hume Bank

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (1)
    • New Account (1)

DeanM

DeanMSydney, NSW

Wow, a small bank aiming to be a tiny bank...

Honestly I tried, I really did. Found Hume on finder site and checked out their site. The propositions sounded good and it felt nice to support a regional business. Managed to open an account (fast process) got their debit card quickly and used the phone app (seen worse) however when I tried to use their web banking it all fell apart. The service is terrible and unable to get anything working, they then asked for a "certified" copy of my drivers license, despite the fact that I already have a working account with them. Its like an experiment gone wrong, would not trust them with more than pocket change. They've lost my business.

TopicNew Account

kurothesequel

kurothesequelNortheast, VIC

Just horrible.

I have been with Hume for over a year now and it still takes anywhere from two to five days for money to transfer into my account, even from accounts I transfer from regularly. And the app is horrible. It is barely ever working. You go into it to do one thing and you have to do a bunch of other things, and then you have to put in your vip token which most of the time just says it is invalid. It is frustrating to no end. The only positive about the bank is that at the actual branch they were very helpful.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Icarus

Icarus

Excellent Service

I hate banks. Most of them indulge in unforgivable practices. Until I opened an account with Hume Bank some 20 years ago. They were incredibly helpful and approachable. I really loved doing business with them. I eventually closed the account because I travel overseas for my work. However, just a few weeks ago, I approached them to find a set of statements dating back to 2001. They forwarded them to me the following day at no cost to me. And such warm correspondence. I will open an account with them when I return to Australia in a few years.
Thank you Hume.