Hunter Pacific International Concept 2

Hunter Pacific International Concept 2 Questions & Answers

5 questions from our users

frank

frankasked

I have a concept 2, 52inch fan which was installed in our bedroom six years ago. the other night I turned the fan on and went to bed, I woke because there seemed to be a burning smell which appeared to be coming from the fan. I had originally placed the fan on medium but it was going much faster than medium. I tried to turn the fan off using the remote control but the remote wouldn't control the fan any more. I had to switch it off from the wall switch. I tried using the remote again and it would turn the fan on but not off again. even though the remote turned the fan on it couldn't regulate the fan speed. I left it on for a while and the burning smell came back again.
is this fan worth fixing? and why did it only last 6 years when other fans I have in the house have lasted 30y

frank maniscalco

Jim
Jim

The burning smell is the remote receiving unit .If you can fix it yourself it’s worth it.There from China and cheap that’s why the don’t last long
Remove the receiver and control the fan from the wall plate .
D.C fans are better these days.
Eg . Eglo Nevis d.c five speed.

Jackwillow
Jackwillow

I can’t believe you had 6 years out of one. I’ve only had a couple of years out of mine. The remote controls are eternally reported by the electrician and the shop owner as “improved” , however they are still substandard and I will never purchase Hunter Pacific fans again. Have bought 5 and all were disappointing requiring various repairs close to the 2 year warranty mark. I gave the benefit of the doubt too many times.

Wendy T.

Wendy T.asked

What size capacitor is used in the fans

sydneymidgeasked

Hi. Does anyone know if the fans can be reversed so as to distribute warm air when needed? I can't see anything in the 'manual' to say that this is a feature. In my previous house we could do this with a different brand. Thanks.

StephenH
StephenH

Yes, the Concept2 has a rotation direction switch. You may be familiar with other fans where the switch is clearly visible on the vertical portion of the fan motor assembly. On the Concept2, the switch is on the horizontal top surface of the motor assembly, and you need to be on a tall stepladder, looking down, to see it or adjust it. Refer page 7 of the installation instructions.

Linda

I agree, yes there is a switch on the top.

sydneymidge

Thank you Stephen and Linda. That is good news. I'll give it a go this evening.
Regards

Terri

Terriasked

Hi I have a HP1: Con (L) Concept ceiling fan and we just want to change a light bulb- how do you remove the glass to do this?
By the way the fan is great has been whirling for a number of years. Just need a light. We are practical people but it has us a bit stumped.

Linda

I'm sorry, I cant help you, I have never had lights in mine, I prefer downlights, call Hunter Pacific or visit your closest lighting store, I'm sure they would be happy to help

Hi, simply twist the bottom part to the left and it will loosen and detach from the fan. You will see the bulb in its position. Push up into the unit and twist to the right to reattach this bottom housing. I just did it on mine.

Gary

Garyasked

I have had concept fans installed for some time now, from the start there has been intermittent hums at certain times in all fans. It is like an imposed external signal or harmonic problem. Is this a common problem? Is it the wall control or remote? What can I do to correct the problem?

Hi Gary, our replacement one does hum now and then, but mostly it works silently. It would be the motor, I'd say. The remote on this one works fine. The first one didn't. I can only suggest if the hum is a real problem to contact your retailer and they can ask Hunter Pacific, or provide you with a direct phone number, or you could look up HP's number and ask directly. They have techs there that could assist. Hope you can get it sorted. Cheers.

Linda

Hi Gary, I've never had that problem, mine are whisper quiet, in saying that, I did have a problem with one, my better half made a niche in the roof and set the fan in that(hes a plasterer).The fan wobbled, Hunter Pacific came out and said the problem was because their was too much uneven air circulating around the fan.When I have the fans installed, I always turn them on high and leave them for 6 plus hours, I've told people this hint and they also haven't had a problem.Maybe get Hunter Pacific out and see what they say.

Mal M
Mal M

2 years on but have just stumbled on your post. Unfortunately, I have this problem with all my fans. If its the same issue, it is to do with the signals/pulses (ripple signals) sent down the line by your electricity distribution firm, in my case (Brisbane) - Energex, for the various electricity tariffs. For me, it occurs every 15-30 mins on the dot. Energex investigated and found that the strength of the signals where outside the tolerances and installed a regulator of some description on the power pole nearby to reduce the signal strength. Unfortunately, it didn't resolve the issue. They did advise of a filter that can be installed on your fan power circuit to assist. I'm yet to pursue. There is a good discussion on this matter on the following discussion forum:

Cheers