Husqvarna 236 E Series

Husqvarna 236 E Series (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

sad man

sad manIreland

Husquvana 236 chainsaw

Buying husquvana chainsaws strimmers ride on mowers hedgecutters for over 25 years never had a day's trouble with anything husquvana made ?

Went to buy the husquvana 236 brand new took it home started it works for 10minutes stops started again and again and again will not stay running at all worst saw I have ever had in my life.

Warning to anyone thinking of buying this saw don't not buy you will be wasting you time and hard earned money.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

tony1951

tony1951Gippsland, VIC

Worst Chainsaw I have ever owned.

Have owned a Husqvarna 575XP for over 10 years & is great. Purchased the 236 for smaller pruning & wish I never did. Cheap rubbish with an air-filter designed by a kid. Carby blocks up to easy needing constant clean outs which is a hassle of a job. Spends more time being repaired than use. Avoid Avoid.

Previously owned Husqvarna 61

Previously owned Husqvarna 61, excellent saw, Husqvarna 236 total rubbish, uses more chain-oil than petrol. Hard to start, unreliable weak construction. As an existing Husqvarna owner I am deeply disappointed in my new saw. Would not recommend to anyone. Better off using an axe. I should have read the reviews before buying, big mistake!

Good cheap saw

A good cheap saw that does good work all day if necessary, easy to maintain, enough power to do big jobs if you take your time, light and durable, All the reviewers who have bad things to say are pillocks that dont know how to use a saw correctly or read instructions.

Junk

Made in China. Have used saws for over 40 years got this one to trim branches, etc. won't idle dies when using it. Never again. Was a husky fan as I have had a 395 for years but this saw has put me off husqvarnas. I went out and bought a small echo to do the trimming work better built and pro quality.

Warning to potential buyers!

Terrible saw. Have had nothing but problems with it. Doesn't idle well - just cuts out. Have had the throttle adjusted three times at dealer and still cuts out.
Cheap plastic wheel on pull starter broke and had to be replaced.
Would not recommend this to anyone and I will never buy another one.

Bill

Bill

Vey poor design

Mat

MatGold Coast

Excellent small saw

Had mine a few years now and works great. I have dropped some decent sized trees with it, and broken down some big logs. Also taken some slabs from a log (approx 25cm diameter log).
It can flood easily, and I have had some issue with idling, but a great small light saw for small work.

Wouldn't buy another Husqvarna

Hard to start and wouldn't idle

dealer adjusted the carburettor which improved it for a while then went back to the old ways

Motor seized in under two hours of work

Dealer said happened due to incorrect fuel

Other two stroke motor used same fuel can mix with no problem

cam

camCanberra

Such a good saw

I bought this machine 12 months ago and it has not missed a beat, starts perfectly every time, the dealer was very help full went through all of start up with me and even explained how to remove items if I needed to, I've had no trouble with this saw at all, drain the fuel when I'm finished and always start with fresh fuel the next time I use it and it always starts second pull, a wonderfull saw for the occasional home user would recommended it and the dealer to anyone who needs a small saw

NickVictoria, 3691

Very simple design flaw ruins an otherwise good saw

The chain tensioner screw is mounted on a small plastic mount that has broken on my saw. This is a clear design flaw and I wish I knew about it before I bought it. Cheap saw, but cheap quality. The entire clutch cover needs to be replaced because of one small cheap plastic mount that should be metal (as it is on other saws). Not covered under warranty because it's apparently my fault for mounting the cover/tightening the screw incorrectly.

DAVID c

DAVID cAdelaide

Disappointed

Purchased 236 E series 8 months ago, will not start. Two pulls flood, back to dealer three times. Not used regularly every two months. Dealer no help.

I find it a great chainsaw after solving initial starting issue

the only problem is the somewhat sloppy blue choke lever-you very easily touch it to stop as you try to accelerate!!! Initially I was very disappointed and I just could not believe that a chainsaw made in Sweden could be a dud. Only push the blue lever back in to less then you would expect and you will enjoy your saw

December 7th 2017 Update: great chainsaw

for such a little engine it has a lot of power,however starting was a problem. As soon as it fires pull choke leaver fully out then push it back 1/4 and it starts every time. Be careful not to accidentally touch the choke leaver with thick gloves as this can lead to switching the engine off. Great price for a reliable chainsaw

MarkusG
MarkusG

further helpful hint for this chainsaw: when engine is hot : if it doesn't restart press fuel bulb once and it will start really well MarkusG

Nick Collins

Nick CollinsSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a dissapointment

Purchased new, erratic operation and hard to start, had back to dealer three times within six months still not fixed, always had stihil previously and was told Husqvarna was of same standard, how wrong can one be!!!! would not recommend anybody purchase this unit and fall into the same trap

Hard to start, erratic operation, frustrating unit... good door stop

Col
Col

Ryan b

Ryan basked

Hi husqvarna rep, I currently have a husky 236 e series and I have been having trouble cutting with it as it seems to get blunt real quick. Even with new chain. Maybe cause of thickness of chain and the log size I’ve been cutting. Is there any chance I can put a longer bar and thicker chain on this model and would this fix my problem with getting blunt quick while I’m cutting big logs. Kind regards Ryan

Harry

Harryasked

What’s different from the 235 and 236 and how can you tell the difference from a 235 and a 235e? thanks Harry

Bob
Bob

The e stands for easy start. The starter system has an extra spring which cushions the jerking action from compression. The last 2 numbers stand for the approx. cc of the engine, not sure about differences there

Daveasked

I recently purchased a 236 e no problem starting but after awhile it seems like it has a sensor in the chain or bar as when I get close to the wood and rev it up it won't go just dies down, it idles ok but wont run under power, I took it ack to the dealer who harged me $65 to fix and told me I had water in the fuel, took it home made up new fuel using recommend mix got one tank out of it before the problem returned, I find it hard to believe it is water in fuel again, any suggestions or should I get my money back as I have a 1 hour round trip to get to my dealer?

Nick Kilvert
Nick Kilvert

Wish I could give you a good answer because I've got the same problem. As soon as I fully depress the trigger it dies. No water in fuel but if you find an answer I'd like to know.

Dave

Thanks for your reply, I finally gave in and took mine back to the dealer he pulled it apart found very little water, then checked the fuel in the can not much in there either, he replaced the fuel filter at cost of $60 found small particles of aluminium in that, got home changed my fuel into plastic container and fingers crossed no problem since, in conclusion must have been aluminium in fuel filter causing all the trouble, question why are aluminium particles getting into the filter, obviously a design fault that needs to be looked at. I also had the starter pully changed as they put a plastic one in and the corners were stripped, something else they need to change.
Dave

I'm a chainsaws/small engines mechanic and trust me, 9 of 10 Husq. 236 have the same issue. Sithl 170-180 and Huqvarna 236 are the saw we don't want to repair. They never leave the workshop running as they should...

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives

CategoryPetrol Chainsaws
Use Pruning
Bar Length36 cm
FeaturesAnti-Vibration System, Chain Brake, Engine Air Pre-Cleaner and Quick / Easy Start
Weight4.7 kg