Husqvarna 236 E Series

Husqvarna 236 E Series (page 2 of 2)

Previously owned Husqvarna 61

Previously owned Husqvarna 61, excellent saw, Husqvarna 236 total rubbish, uses more chain-oil than petrol. Hard to start, unreliable weak construction. As an existing Husqvarna owner I am deeply disappointed in my new saw. Would not recommend to anyone. Better off using an axe. I should have read the reviews before buying, big mistake!

Good cheap saw

A good cheap saw that does good work all day if necessary, easy to maintain, enough power to do big jobs if you take your time, light and durable, All the reviewers who have bad things to say are pillocks that dont know how to use a saw correctly or read instructions.

Junk

Made in China. Have used saws for over 40 years got this one to trim branches, etc. won't idle dies when using it. Never again. Was a husky fan as I have had a 395 for years but this saw has put me off husqvarnas. I went out and bought a small echo to do the trimming work better built and pro quality.

Warning to potential buyers!

Terrible saw. Have had nothing but problems with it. Doesn't idle well - just cuts out. Have had the throttle adjusted three times at dealer and still cuts out.
Cheap plastic wheel on pull starter broke and had to be replaced.
Would not recommend this to anyone and I will never buy another one.

Vey poor design

Whilst I found this saw hard to start and it would often stop when it got hot and I had to let it cool before trying to start again the main problem I had was extremely poor industrial design. The choice of materials in the starting assembly (nylon pawls) is poorand the dealer fixed at no cost even though out of warranty.

The main problem I had with the design is the chain mechanism. For some strange and unfathomable reason Husqvarna did not use a graduate of industrial design in developing this and and whoever they were should not be let loose at a design board again. The cover plate must be aligned with the break handle, the clutch, the tensioning screw and the blade and chain. On other saws (Stihl) it is an easy process on husqvarna it is a frustrating time consuming business that cannot be done in the bush.

I wouldn't own another one.

Excellent small saw

Had mine a few years now and works great. I have dropped some decent sized trees with it, and broken down some big logs. Also taken some slabs from a log (approx 25cm diameter log).
It can flood easily, and I have had some issue with idling, but a great small light saw for small work.

Wouldn't buy another Husqvarna

Hard to start and wouldn't idle

dealer adjusted the carburettor which improved it for a while then went back to the old ways

Motor seized in under two hours of work

Dealer said happened due to incorrect fuel

Other two stroke motor used same fuel can mix with no problem

Such a good saw

I bought this machine 12 months ago and it has not missed a beat, starts perfectly every time, the dealer was very help full went through all of start up with me and even explained how to remove items if I needed to, I've had no trouble with this saw at all, drain the fuel when I'm finished and always start with fresh fuel the next time I use it and it always starts second pull, a wonderfull saw for the occasional home user would recommended it and the dealer to anyone who needs a small saw

Very simple design flaw ruins an otherwise good saw

The chain tensioner screw is mounted on a small plastic mount that has broken on my saw. This is a clear design flaw and I wish I knew about it before I bought it. Cheap saw, but cheap quality. The entire clutch cover needs to be replaced because of one small cheap plastic mount that should be metal (as it is on other saws). Not covered under warranty because it's apparently my fault for mounting the cover/tightening the screw incorrectly.

Update to this. I notice that you can now buy a non-genuine side cover repair plate on sites like ebay. These have been made "due to the needs and requests of customers". Husqvarna should have made it like this to start with. It's obvious that a lot of people have the same problem with this particular saw.

Disappointed

Purchased 236 E series 8 months ago, will not start. Two pulls flood, back to dealer three times. Not used regularly every two months. Dealer no help.

I find it a great chainsaw after solving initial starting issue

the only problem is the somewhat sloppy blue choke lever-you very easily touch it to stop as you try to accelerate!!! Initially I was very disappointed and I just could not believe that a chainsaw made in Sweden could be a dud. Only push the blue lever back in to less then you would expect and you will enjoy your saw

December 7th 2017 Update: great chainsaw

for such a little engine it has a lot of power,however starting was a problem. As soon as it fires pull choke leaver fully out then push it back 1/4 and it starts every time. Be careful not to accidentally touch the choke leaver with thick gloves as this can lead to switching the engine off. Great price for a reliable chainsaw

further helpful hint for this chainsaw: when engine is hot : if it doesn't restart press fuel bulb once and it will start really well MarkusG

What a dissapointment

Purchased new, erratic operation and hard to start, had back to dealer three times within six months still not fixed, always had stihil previously and was told Husqvarna was of same standard, how wrong can one be!!!! would not recommend anybody purchase this unit and fall into the same trap

Hard to start, erratic operation, frustrating unit... good door stop

Same problem with mine, I bought it new 18 months ago on advice they were a good saw. Absolute pig of a thing to start but when I eventually get it running after lots of swearing and removing the spark plug to empty excess fuel it cuts good. I have a Stihl 391 farm boss and in one word 'magnificent' piece of machinery.

What’s different from the 235 and 236 and how can you tell the difference from a 235 and a 235e? thanks Harry
The e stands for easy start. The starter system has an extra spring which cushions the jerking action from compression. The last 2 numbers stand for the approx. cc of the engine, not sure about differences there

I recently purchased a 236 e no problem starting but after awhile it seems like it has a sensor in the chain or bar as when I get close to the wood and rev it up it won't go just dies down, it idles ok but wont run under power, I took it ack to the dealer who harged me $65 to fix and told me I had water in the fuel, took it home made up new fuel using recommend mix got one tank out of it before the problem returned, I find it hard to believe it is water in fuel again, any suggestions or should I get my money back as I have a 1 hour round trip to get to my dealer?
Wish I could give you a good answer because I've got the same problem. As soon as I fully depress the trigger it dies. No water in fuel but if you find an answer I'd like to know.Thanks for your reply, I finally gave in and took mine back to the dealer he pulled it apart found very little water, then checked the fuel in the can not much in there either, he replaced the fuel filter at cost of $60 found small particles of aluminium in that, got home changed my fuel into plastic container and fingers crossed no problem since, in conclusion must have been aluminium in fuel filter causing all the trouble, question why are aluminium particles getting into the filter, obviously a design fault that needs to be looked at. I also had the starter pully changed as they put a plastic one in and the corners were stripped, something else they need to change. DaveI'm a chainsaws/small engines mechanic and trust me, 9 of 10 Husq. 236 have the same issue. Sithl 170-180 and Huqvarna 236 are the saw we don't want to repair. They never leave the workshop running as they should...

Husqvarna 236 E chainsaw, wont start, i have new fuel new plug, but she wont fire, can any one give any advice? cheers steve,
Hi Steve the most common reason that the husqvarna 236 e chainsaw won't start is due to flooding, follow this steps and it should start, 1. Pull plug out and make sure it's dry, 2. Pull machine over three times with plug out to empty the cylinder, 3. Replace plug, 4. Prime machine no more then three times, 5, pull choke control out, ( blue lever) 6, pull machine over after the second or third pull it should fire and die off, even if it doesn't after the third pull push the choke back in, 7, once choke in pushed in pull machine over, second pull it should start up, If the machine was flooded then you will have a lot of smoke belt out of it, nothing to worry about, Hope this helpsHi Steve, Pull coke out all the way,try to start, after it fires but doesnt start pull choke out again then push it back in only a small way it will now start.The only fidly thing is how far back you push it lets say approx 1/3 of the way.

236 E Series