Husqvarna LC18

• Fuel Efficiency
Dave Dale

Dave DaleSouth East Queensland, QLD

The Husqvarna LC18 is good for my lawn

Purchased the Husqvarna LC18 in May 2019. Perfect for my front lawn. Weekly usage is 40 mins. For my lawn, it's perfect, not big and grass is cut nicely. The catcher is perfect too. The mower usually kicks on second pull start. Engine labours on thick patches of grass, but not to point of conking out. The mower has not missed a beat. I paid $519 and I am happy with it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Pine Rivers Mowers for A$519.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
vadi

vadiSoutheast, SA

Will not start

We bought this lawnmower a couple of years ago. It replaced a Rover which had given years of excellent service. From the very beginning it was difficult to start. Despite repairs, and four visits to workshops it has remained increasingly difficult to start (35-40 pulls to get a reaction). We are both 70 and worried about back problems. The mower floods easily, cuts unevenly and the catcher is loose and difficult to attach. Once started the motor runs well, but we do not relish the huge effort needed to start the machine. Very disappointing.

Purchased in March 2017.

Mark H

Mark HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Average ! Underpowered.

My old 18" cut 5 HP Rover was dying so upgraded to the Husky LC18, nice and light , starts easily and wife enjoys using it , BUT underpowered to hell , if I mow weekly its good if I'm away a couple of weeks (away up to 3 weeks at a time with job) and it rains (typical QLD summer) the Husky hasn't got a hope , I get out the old Rover to knock the grass down then go back to the Husky, if I didn't have the old Rover would have to mow twice , not the ideal scenario , if I had time over would have organised a demo and got a mower the equivalent power to the Rover. Has a 3.75 HP engine needs at least a 4.5-5 HP to be any good with anything other than weekly cut.

Purchased in November 2018 at Rivers for A$469.00.

Noise Level
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Husqvarna LC18 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Rodney H.

Rodney H.asked

I'm not satisfied with the lc19ap husqvarna lawnmower after 3 days what can I do please

Dave

Why are you not satisfied Rodney? I have issues with a simple lack of power after using other mowers over many years. This is dissapointing given that this isn't a cheap mower. It was checked out thoroughly and seems all ok, nothing obvious wrong with it...

Bruceasked

Mower is very hard to start, think it maybe spark plug but how do you get it out. Taken it into dealer three times. Starts well after they play with it but a week later hopeless. What can I do to improve starting?

Hi there Bruce

Mate - Starting has never been an issue for me, so I am unsure how to answer your question. Is the place you brought the Mower from a Licensed Dealer ? The Dealer in Petrie here is very good on the northside. Perhaps a phone call to them would help.

Just one thing, there is the little pump under the housing, do you do that around 5 times before starting ?

Bruce

Thanks for the suggestion appreciated.

Bazzaasked

How do I remove the blades?

JandD
JandD

I get mower shop to do that tipping a mower on it's side to replace blades in not recommended.

Bazza

Thank you for the reason you gave. That was a good one! But my concern is that I don't seem to be able to get the bolts to release with reasonable force and am frightened to break something.!
Barry.