Husqvarna TS 300 Series

Husqvarna TS 300 Series

TS 342, TS 348, TC 342, TS 352

See the Best Ride-On Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Taylor

TaylorGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best mower ive ever had

This mower will chew through the long grass in a paddock, but it also gives you an amazing finish on your precious lawn around the house. Mighty power and great finish, solid and reliable, had it 2.5 years now and not a days trouble with it

Purchased in June 2017 for $6,299.00.

Rob

Rob

Waste of Money

The mower caught fire and burnt the mower deck with only 3 hours on the clock. Husqvarna blamed a hot bearing and replaced the deck, did not replace damaged wiring.
The mower will not cut damp or wet grass, the discharge chute blocks up.
Can not be used on uneven ground as the deck will throw off the drive belt.
Grass cuttings build up on top of the mower deck and with the pulley bearings running quite hot there is a high possibility of another fire.
I ended up removing the mower deck and made it in to a small tractor for the wife to pull around a small trailer for gardening.
I ended up buying a Ferris IS2000z zero turn mower - magnificent.

Purchased in March 2017 for $6,000.00.

Joel A

Joel AGippsland, VIC

Perfect for our needs on 6 acres

Purchased in May 2019 at Husqvarna Dealer.

Worst lawn mower

This mower was only good for the first year. The second year the Kohler engine had multiple issues. I had the mower serviced at the dealership that I purchased it at and had more problems then before. Do not purchase a Husqvarna mower with a Kohler engine.

Purchased in April 2018 at Anderson Outdoor Power.

Mike

MikeGreat Southern, WA

Husqvarna TS342

Had my mower for about 12 months and done 80 hours. No issues in that time. Starts, runs, cuts and generally operates very well. No complaints. Kawasaki engine has enough power for my requirements - mix of lawn and paddock mowing.

Purchased in February 2018 for $5,499.00.

aaron

aaronGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Consider other options

Purchased in January 2018 for $6,000.00.

Annoyed AlbertGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Bucket of expensive unreliable crap

Not the best comfort. Bit rough.. had a new skirt put on after bending the other. My fault . Brackets holding the diff , still not arrived after waiting nearly 3 months. Being a contractor , this machine is losing me a lot of money. Struggling to make ends meet now. Motor , strong as a ox, reliable... I would never buy another one. This is my 3rd one. Very disappointed . Overpriced, parts backup....poor,,,,parts expensive..

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Not happy

Not happyBrisbane

Bucket of crap

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great choice and upgrade from the chain store options.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Anne

AnneGeelong

Was a great mower until the problems started!

We had this mower for about 8 months before receiving a letter saying it was recalled due to the fuel line being located to close to the blade and causing issues. Prior to this is was great until we started getting more use after clearing the front of our yard up and being able to mow there the blade being so low was catching on roots given our land isn’t flat. Would say go for it if you have a flat block. Would avoid if there’s ditches or roots or uneven surface. Be careful and do your research.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Barnzy

BarnzyTauranga

So dissapointed

New transmission/ difflock after 8 hrs, lights stop working after 20 hours, steering wheel came off, wash down attachment vibrated into two pieces, difflock stopped dis-engaging after 40 hours, lost drive after 60 hours as entire bracket/pulley assembly broke off. All my paddocks are flat and seemed no issue for my 15 year old MTD of over 1000 hours.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

early days

First 10 hours done and I could not be happier. Sure there are a couple of nuts that need tightening which the first service will sort out- but the cut quality-speed-traction and power are all exemplary- used to have a JD but can't see me going back. Very comfortable, feels higher than the JD 110 but isn't. the only thing I would change is the fuel tank indicator- but thankfully the reserve proved more than enough to get me out of trouble.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Save Your Money Buy Some Thing Else

Cutting - Terrible
Pto System - Terrible
Catcher - Terrible
Arrived damaged from transit dealer has ordered new front end.
Overall Finish absolutely terrible, poor quality manufacturing, Bonnet rattles and shakes like a blender, catcher system does not seal cause lawn clippings to fly all over you, plastic moves and catcher releases during mowing causing the mower to stop and backfire.
It's hard to manoeuvre and very heavy on petrol I mean heavy.
What a waste of money and it was not cheap.
Only had a week and it needs to go back to the dealer so they can try to fix.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

TS348 - large repairs after 27.8 hours!

After only 27.8 hours of use in a house yard, all three spindles needed replacing. The centre blade had the bolt snap, it did not hit anything. After 27.8 hours of use, we needed 3 new blades and three new spindles and a new blade bolt. Mowers owned by us before this had done 100's of hours, on the same yard. Never did we replace a spindle, let alone three.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
J.T.

J.T.Perth WA

Can't complain

Bought this about several months ago, used it over grass on gravelly ground. It did the job.
As the block has shrub and scrub growing out again, i just went over it and it looked neat.
So far so good. I wished it moved faster when not cutting so can get around quicker but its not a complain.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

My 55 hours

At first it went uphill like a rocket compared to my previous Husquvarna (850 hours which thankfully I have still kept). Sadly over time the new mower as lost the power to go up the 45 Degree embankment it once conquered'.
Gets so far and screeches without and wheel movement. Sounds like a gear failure. Can only use on a fat surface now. Back to the dealer next week. See how we go??

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Emperor Zurg

Emperor ZurgNsw

TS 352 my 80 hour review

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

carlos

carloscairns

Comfortable, Easy operation Let down by Husqvarna dealer delivery

Not even 1 Hour of operation and both cutter deck spindle bearings failed, really loud screaching noise had to shut it down. On inspection spindle housings were so hot I could not touch them, this was the first time brand new mower was used to cut a manicured lawn so it was not hard work that killed the bearings, very poor quality. I took it back to dealer the next day they told me that they would order the parts and repair it, 4 days later I picked it up again ! Tested as soon as I got home All good, but don't know for how long ? Should Have got a Deere

Chimborazo

ChimborazoAU

Ok, but not the best mow quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Dennis K.

Dennis K.asked

I have to have slight pressure on the forward motion pedal when engaging the mower deck drive, which causes the mower to begin moving at the same time. If not the mower stalls and have to restart. Is this an adjustment issue or???????????

BRAD S.

BRAD S.asked

Why does my brand new $3K ''TS348D'' with the 48'' clear-cut fab deck leave a strip of hardly-cut grass right down the center? The deck was adjusted to the "T"per the manuf.,and double checked by myself.No upside down blade,either-I'm not an idiot so don't even try.Will someone even remotely admit a poor deck design ?

G’day Brad ,
From what I found out from our husky mechanic , it s in the adjustment of the deck....needs to be on level surface with just a tad of lift at the front of the deck so as to create a vacuum to the grass. Revs need to be flat knacker. You ll also notice a roller at the front that has a bolt and 2 adjustment nuts. It is not the best design , however , with some trail and error , I have mine pretty close. Also if the grass is wet or quiet long , you may have to go over it again. Grab a set of mulching blades. Since I changed to those , the cut has improved. I think they are called Gator . There is a bit on YouTube .....swapping to Gator blades on my Husqvana Nov 20. 2016. One thing to be wary of....if you do install the Mulching blades. Checkthat there is clearance between the 2 blades where they meet. I had to shave of a bit on the blades... not much though. If you are unsure....Consult your Husqvana dealer or a licensed Mechanic at a Reputable Mower Shop. I think it is a poor deck design.

Hope this helps

1017  road

1017 roadasked

ts342 cutter belts-original replaced-at my cost- after 13 hrs -broke today 23 hrs so far-new cost $55 -cost me $5/hr so far to mow anyone else having this problem --apart from this problem no worries so far

Get an answer from our members and Husqvarna representatives